Today technology has been advanced so much that only through a touch of a button your work is possibly getting done in less than 10 seconds.
- Extended reality is a technology that blends the real and virtual worlds, while the Internet of Things is a network of physical objects that are connected and can communicate.
- Extended reality uses augmented, virtual, and mixed-reality technologies to create immersive experiences. In contrast, the Internet of Things uses sensors and other devices to collect and share data.
- Extended reality has applications in gaming, education, and healthcare, while the Internet of Things has applications in smart homes, transportation, and manufacturing.
Extended Reality vs Internet of Things
Extended reality (XR) is a term encompassing all real-and-virtual combined environments and human-machine interactions, including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and mixed reality (MR). The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the network of physical devices connected and exchanging data via the Internet.
A summed-up term for a group of immersive technologies is said to be known as extended reality. There are 3 categories under extended reality, namely, the argument adds reality, virtual reality, and mixed reality.
The concept which helps to switch on and off with another device to connect it to the Internet is known as the Internet of Things.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Internet of Things
|Number of words
|This term contains two words.
|This term contains three words.
|The main function of this is to pause on computer information onto the real world.
|The main function of this is to configure, secure and manage the Internet of things using devices.
|Manufacturing sectors, and engineering sectors, etc., are where this term is applied.
|Agricultural sectors, hospitality sectors, building a smart city and also in fleet management are where this term is implied.
|AR, VR, and MR are the types of this term.
|WAN, Bluetooth, etc., are some types of this term.
|XR is the short form.
|It is the short form.
What is Extended Reality?
There are many practical Locations where extended reality is used by a person in day-to-day life. This is mostly seen in retail marketing, where a customer has the ability to try before they buy something.
The Extended Reality gives realistic training to help soldiers and healthcare professionals to figure out their solutions in the most systematic manner when there arises a risk.
The exact technologies help in processing huge amounts of personal data about what a person does to watch a person searches in his search history.
What is Internet of Things?
In IoT, the new rule which would be invented for the future would be anything that can be connected will be connected. And to make this thing possible, the IoT was released.
This is how the Internet of Things will be used in the future to make. This not only makes things easier but also saves time, and this time can be used to do something efficiently.
The Internet of Things allows us endless opportunities and connections, which would take hours from place to place.
Main Differences Between Extended Reality and Internet of Things
- The term extended reality has 2 words in it; on the other hand, the term Internet of Things has 3 words.
- There are 3 types of extended reality which are virtual reality, augmented reality and merged reality; and on the other hand, there are a lot of types of bio protocols such as Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G, 4G, etc.
Last Updated : 19 November, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.