Ford Motor Company is well known for its production of Super Duty trucks. These trucks have a high payload and towing capacity, which is used for heaving, loading, and transporting.
F-250 and F-350 are the models of Ford’s heavy-duty trucks. They both came into production in 1999.
Although they are so close in name, they differ in prices and their respective capabilities. The difference in their towing capacities and their configurations makes them different from each other.
- F-350 has a higher towing and payload capacity than F-250.
- F-350 comes with a stronger frame and suspension compared to F-250.
- F-250 is a more affordable option than F-350.
F-250 vs F-350
The difference between these two super heavy-duty trucks, F-250 and F-350, is their towing capacity and payload. F-350 is much stronger and has a great towing capacity of 32,000 lbs, whereas F-250 is less strong and has a towing capacity of 18,500 lbs. The payload of F-250 is about 4,270 lbs, whereas F-350 is around 7,640 lbs.
F-250 is one of the models of heavy-duty trucks manufactured by Ford Motors Company. It is an upgraded version of the F-150.
It has a towing capacity of 18,500 lbs and can have a maximum payload of 4,670 lbs. It is comprised of a single rear wheel.
F-350 is also one of the models of super heavy-duty trucks, which are upgraded in capabilities to the F-250. F-350 offers a greater maximum towing capacity, that is, if 32,000 lbs.
The maximum payload is 7,640 lbs. Moreover, It offers an option of dual rear wheels. It is stronger than F-250 and suitable for heavy payload work.
|Parameters of Comparison
|F-250 has lesser configurations than F-350 and is less strong than F-350.
|F-350 is comprised of many high-power truck configurations and is suitable for heavy-duty work.
F-250 has a TorqShift-G Heavy-Duty 6-speed SelectShift Automatic transmission.
|F-350 doesn’t have this for that 6.2-liter V8, and thus the new benefits the TorqShift-G transmission provides will not be there.
|The maximum towing capacity of F-250 is 18,500 lbs.
|The maximum towing capacity of F-350 is 32,000 lbs.
|F-250 has the same exterior as F350, with a difference that comes with single rear wheels.
|F-350 comes with an option of dual rear wheels.
|The maximum payload of F-250 is 4,270 lbs.
|the maximum payload capacity of F-350 is 7,640 lbs.
What is F-250?
F-250 are full-sized, super heavy-duty pickup trucks that are used for heavy-payload transportation and services. They are manufactured by Ford Motors Company in the year 1999.
They have trim options such as XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, and Platinum. They can run on both gas and secondary fuel.
They offer single rear wheels and have a towing doesn’t of 18,500 lbs. Moreover, they are stronger than F-350 and have a payload of 4,670 lbs.
They have many different features such as Wi-fi hot spots, automatic high beams, air conditioning, steering wheel audio controls, etc.
The F series always have a huge amount of space, whether it’s headroom, cab sizes, or legroom. They are also quite capable of protecting the occupants in accidents.F-250 is suitable for those who have a lower amount of payload to tow.
What is F-350?
A Ford super duty model, F-350, comes with high-truck configurations with a maximum payload of 7,640 lbs. F-350 truck comes with a much more towing capacity of 32,000 lbs.
Also, It has the same exterior as that of the F-250 with the difference that It has an option of dual rear wheels.
They have much higher configurations and are suitable for heavy payload work, which is used for transportation and services. The engine used by both the tucks is of the same standards and optional engines.
The gas engine on F-350 does not have a 6.2 litre V8 for transmission. Thus the benefits of the TorqShift-G transmission are missed.
This 6-speed TorqShift on the it’s0 paired with the 6.2-litre makes a difference.
Main Differences Between F-250 and F-350
- The main difference lies in their towing capacity. F-250 has a towing capacity of about 18,000 lbs, whereas F-350 has a towing capacity of 32,000 lbs.
- The maximum payload capacity of the F-250 is 4,270 lbs, whereas the maximum payload of the F-350 is 7,640 lbs.
- The F-350 is an enhanced version with many new configurations. It is comprised of many higher truck configurations and is suitable for heavy work duty, whereas F-250 comes with fewer configurations and is less strong as compared to F-350.
- The exterior of both trucks is almost the same, whether it is cab size, bed size, or trim options. The difference is F-250 comes with single rear wheels, whereas F-350 comes with an option of dual rear wheels.
- There is a difference between the transmissions of these two. F-250 is comprised of a TorqShift-G Heavy-Duty 6-speed SelectShift Automatic transmission, whereas F-350 doesn’t have this for that 6.2-litre V8, and thus it misses the benefits provided by the TorqShift-G transmissions.
Last Updated : 26 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.