Many video games have gained popularity after PUBG, like Garena Free Fire and Call of Duty, which offers the player one of the best battle royale games. Free Fire and Call of Duty have gained popularity all over the world. Since the ban on PUBG, it has also gained popularity in India.
Both the games almost run on the same mechanics, but there are some visible differences.
- Free Fire is a battle royale game with a shorter duration, fewer players, and arcade-style gameplay.
- Call of Duty is a first-person shooter game with a longer duration, more players, and realistic gameplay with various game modes.
- Free Fire has simple controls and can be played on low-end devices, while Call of Duty requires higher-end devices and has more complex controls.
Free Fire vs Call of Duty
Free Fire and Call of Duty differ in the number of game players. Free Fire limits the number of players in the game to 50 players, whereas Call of Duty, just like PUBG, has 100 players in a game. Also, Free Fire matches are shorter, and it takes very little time to complete a battle. In contrast, in Call of Duty, matches last longer, up to 30 minutes, to complete due to the larger number of maps.
Free Fire is also known as Free Fire Battlegrounds, developed by 111 Dots Studio in Singapore. It was published by Garena for mobile gamers in the year 2017.
In 2019, it gained so much popularity that it crossed 1 billion downloads and won the “Best Popular Vote Game” award. Free Fire is a game that has a dual package of action and adventure played from the third-person perspective.
Call of Duty is a game played from the first-person perspective, published by Activision, and developed in the United States. It started in 2003 when few people would have played such a game.
The game series was set in World War 2, Cold War, and the future world and outer space. Gradually it improved with different series, and now it focuses on Modern Warfare, Advanced Warfare etc.
|Parameter of Comparison||Free Fire||Call of Duty|
|GamePlay||Free Fire games are rapid, packed with action and feature 50 players.||Call of Duty has longer matches and dynamic elements in the game, and it features 100 players.|
|Game Modes||It has many game modes, like Ranked Game, Classic, Clash Squad etc. and focuses on battle royale.||It has fewer modes like Frontline, Domination, Search and Destroy etc.|
|Weapons||Free Fire guns and machinery look animated and cannot match COD.||COD has weapons that look realistic, and it has a specific purpose for different battles.|
|Graphics||Its graphics make you feel like a cartoon, not as good as COD.||It has some of the best graphics, and weapons are designed in detail.|
|Maps||It has more maps than COD, like Bermuda, Purgatory, Kalahari etc.||COD has only two maps: Alcatraz and Isolated.|
What is Free Fire?
Free Fire Battlegrounds, or Free Fire, is packed with adventure and action games played from a third-person view. Its concept is similar to PUBG, which has a battle royale game. All the players jump by parachute on an island, but their number is limited to 50.
The player who survives till the end wins the game. However, the graphics of Free Fire are not as good as Call of Duty or PUBG. Its game is quite animated, and sometimes user feels like they are playing a cartoonish game.
Unlike COD, the game ends very quickly in Free Fire in 10 minutes. So matches are shorter, but you will like Free Fire if you love battle royale games. Many game modes are available, like Ranked Game, Clash Squad (Ranked and non-Ranked), Classic, and Kill Secured.
The weapons and sounds of the gun look animated, but it is unique in itself.
Free Fire offers several maps in the game and minimaps for different game modes. Since its launching, it has become so popular that it is the fourth most popular game downloaded worldwide.
What is Call of Duty?
Call of Duty, also known as COD, is a video game franchise published by Activision and developed first by Infinity Ward in 2003. It is a first-person shooter game. Earlier, its games were focused on World War 2.
Then it was released in different seasons like Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War etc.
It is one of the most successful games and has made a Guinness Book record as the best-selling first-person shooter game. It was launched on all the platforms ranging from Microsft Windows to PlayStation to Android and iOS.
Besides the video game, it has numerous products in a franchise, like Action Figures, Card Games, Toys etc.
Call of Duty is a competitive game known for its high-quality graphics, which make you feel realistic, and its many dynamic elements exist. COD has only one single avatar on mobile with different types of advantages and speciality.
For close and long-range battles, there are different types of weapons. Tournaments and ladder matches are held daily, famous in Europe and America.
Main Differences Between Free Fire and Call of Duty
- Free Fire games are quick, packed with action and feature 50 players. All the characters in Free Fire have unique abilities. While Call of Duty has matches for a longer duration and has dynamic elements in the game, and it features 100 players. It has a single avatar in COD Mobile.
- Free Fire has many game modes, like Ranked Game, Classic, Clash Squad etc. and focuses on battle royale challenges. Whereas COD has fewer modes like Frontline, Domination, Search and Destroy etc.
- Free Fire guns and machinery look animated and cannot match COD. COD has realistic weapons and a specific purpose for battles, like SMGs for close-range battles and snipers for long-range battles.
- Free Fire graphics make you feel like a cartoon, not as good as COD. COD has some of the best graphics, and weapons are designed detailedly.
- Free Fire has more maps than COD, like Bermuda, Purgatory, Kalahari etc. COD has only two maps: Alcatraz and Isolated.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.