When it comes to esports, esports can be a form of competition that can be done with the help of video games. It often takes the form of individual, organized or multiplayer video game competition with specifically between professional players.
Table of Contents
Among professional competitors, a number of games are famous.
For instance, League of Legends, Overwatch, Super Smash Bros., StarCraft, Valorant, Street Fighter, and many more. The Roblox and Free Fire are two of the games which can be played as esports as well as for fun with friends, individually, or family.
In this article, the chief focus is on differentiating Roblox and Free Fire.
Roblox vs Free Fire
The main difference between Roblox and Free Fire is their platforms are supported. Roblox can be supported on various devices including Xbox One, Windows, iOS, Mac, and Android. On the flip side, Free Fire is only supported on iOS and Android.
Roblox is an online storefront and online platform which allows users to go to play games. In simple language, Roblox is not only a game but a place where other developers-developed games are offered to people for playing.
To the PC platform steam, it is more similar than it is to any online game for children.
When battle royales were still relatively new the Free Fire arrived at a time. The first beta Free Fire was released before PUBG had landed on PC.
The rise in battle royale’s for popularity coupled with the increasing interest in mobile gaming and thus made it in the play store as the most downloaded title.
Comparison Table Between Roblox and Free Fire
|Parameters of Comparison||Roblox||Free Fire|
|Developer||Roblox Corporation||111dots Studio|
|Director||Erik Cassel and David Baszucki||Ben Wheatley|
|Mode||Multiplayer and single-player||Multiplayer|
|Genre||Massively multiplayer online and game creation system||Battle royale|
What is Roblox?
Roblox is a system of game creation and an online game platform by Roblox Corporation. It was relatively small both as a company and platform due to both Co founder’s lack of interest in coverage of press.
Around the same time, it was lost in a large number of platforms among the crowd.
In the 2010s second half, Roblox began to grow rapidly. Roblox is generally free to play, but the purchases are available in-game through Robux, a virtual currency. It allows players to sell, buy and create virtual items to decorate their virtual characters.
Under a system of object-oriented programming the games are coded which utilizes a programming language dialect Lua to manipulate the game’s environment. Through one-time purchases, users can create purchasable content called game passes, and also more than once microtransactions can be purchased called products or developer products.
Roblox engaged to promote films like Aquaman and Wonder Woman 1984. It also hosted its first virtual concert in 2020, which was compared by Rolling Stone simply to that virtual concert of Travis Scott in Fortnite.
A virtual concert by Twenty One Pilots of American band took place on September 17, 2021.
What is Free Fire?
Free Fire is called Garena Free Fire which is a battle royale game published by Garena and developed by 111dsot studio. In 2019, it became globally the most downloaded mobile game.
The Google Play store for the “Best Popular Vote Game” received the award in 2019.
On 28th September 2021, Free Fire’s graphically enhanced version was released namely Free Fire Max. In general, it is an online-only battle royale game played of action-adventure in the third person perspective.
In November 2019, it has grossed worldwide over $ 1 billion.
Free Fire’s battle royale match includes up to 50 players parachuting generally onto an island in search of equipment and weapons to kill the other players. For starting, position players are free to choose and take supplies and weapons to extend their life of battle.
At QI 2021’s end, in revenues, it surpassed PUBG Mobile in the United States, in turnover generating $ 100 million in comparison to PUBG Mobile as $ 68 million. The graphics of Free Fire have a benefit for low and mild specifications on phones.
Main Differences Between Roblox and Free Fire
- The Roblox’s release date is on the PC is September 1, 2006, on December 11, 2012, it was released on iOS, launched on Android on July 16, 2014, and last November 20, 2015, Roblox was released on Xbox One. In contrast, on 23 August 2017 Free Fire was released on iOS and Android devices.
- The events hosted by Roblox are BloxCon (for ordinary players convention on the platform), it also operates annual Easter Egg hunts,e and Bloxy Awards (award ceremony and also functions as a fundraiser). On contrary, Free Fire launched in 2019 the Free Fire World Series, 2020 Free Fire World Series was replaced as Free Fire Continental Series.
- Widespread criticism has been received by Roblox for its chat filtration system, prohibition of sexual content on Roblox, and for children making it easy to spend large money sums by microtransaction. Meanwhile, Free Fire is criticized for being addictive, causing damage to the eyes, and also very violent.
- In terms of popularity, worldwide, there are approx 43.2 million daily active users of Roblox with total users of nearly 200 million. On the flip side, among the popular battle royale mobile games, Free Fire is one of them behind PUBG Mobile, Call of Duty, and Fortnite Battle Royale.
- When it comes to platforms, Roblox can be supported on various devices like Xbox One, Windows, iOS, Mac, and Android. On the other hand, Free Fire is only supported on iOS and Android.
It can be concluded that both Roblox and Free Fire are two of the games which can be played as esports as well as for fun with family, friends, or individually. The publisher and developer of Roblox are the same names, Roblox Corporation.
Both Erik Cassel and David Baszucki are Roblox directors. On the other hand, the publisher of Free Fire is Garena and the developer is 111dots studio, while Ben Wheatley is its director.
When it comes to mode, Roblox can be played as multiplayer and single player. In contrast, Free Fire can be played as multiplayer only.
The genre of Roblox is massively multiplayer online and game creation system. On contrary, Free Fire’s genre is battle royale.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️