When it comes to esports, esports can be a form of competition that can be done with the help of video games. It often takes the form of individual, organized or multiplayer video game competitions spec,ifically between professional players.
Among professional competitors, several games are famous.
For instance, League of Legends, Overwatch, Super Smash Bros., StarCraft, Valorant, Street Fighter, and many more. Roblox and Free Fire are two games that can be played as esports and for fun with friends, individually, or with family.
In this article, the chief focus is on differentiating Roblox and Free Fire.
- Roblox is a gaming platform with various user-generated games, while Free Fire is a standalone battle royale game.
- Roblox caters to a wider age range, whereas Free Fire targets a more mature audience.
- Roblox focuses on creativity and social interactions, while Free Fire emphasizes competitive gameplay.
Roblox vs Free Fire
The difference between Roblox and Free Fire is their platforms are supported. Roblox can be kept on various devices, including Xbox One, Windows, iOS, Mac, and Android. Conversely, Free Fire is only supported on iOS and Android.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Roblox is an online storefront and online platform which allows users to go to play games. In simple language, Roblox is a game and a place where other developers-developed games are offered to people for playing.
To the PC platform Steam, it is more similar than it is to any online game for children.
When battle royales were still relatively new, the Free Fire arrived at a time. The first beta Free Fire was released before PUBG had landed on PC.
The rise in battle royale‘s for popularity coupled with the increasing interest in mobile gaming and thus made it in the play store as the most downloaded title.
|Parameters of Comparison||Roblox||Free Fire|
|Developer||Roblox Corporation||111dots Studio|
|Director||Erik Cassel and David Baszucki||Ben Wheatley|
|Mode||Multiplayer and single-player||Multiplayer|
|Genre||Massively multiplayer online and game creation system||Battle royale|
What is Roblox?
Roblox is a game creation system and an online game platform by Roblox Corporation. It was relatively small both as a company and venue due to both Co founder’s lack of interest in press coverage.
Around the same time, it was lost in many platforms among the crowd.
In the 2010s second half, Roblox began to proliferate. Roblox is generally free to play, but the purchases are available in-game through Robux, a virtual currency. It allows players to sell, buy and create virtual items to decorate their characters.
Under a system of object-oriented programming,, the games are coded,, which utilizes a programming language, Lua, to manipulate the game’s environment. Through one-time purchases, users can create purchasable content called game passes, and also more than once, microtransactions can be purchased called products or developer products.
Roblox engaged in promoting films like Aquaman and Wonder Woman 1984. It also hosted its first virtual concert in 2020, which was compared by Rolling Stone to that of Travis Scott in Fortnite.
A virtual concert by Twenty One Pilots of American band took place on September 17, 2021.
What is Free Fire?
Free Fire is called Garena Free Fire, a battle royale game published by Garena and developed by 111dsot studio. In 2019, it became the most downloaded mobile game globally.
The Google Play store for the”“Best Popular Vote Game” received the award in 2019. “The Google Play store for the “Best Popular Vote Game” received the award in 2019.
On September 28 2021, Free Fire’s graphically enhanced version was released, namely Free Fire Max. In general, it is an online-only battle royale game of action-adventure in the third-person perspective.
In November 2019, it has grossed worldwide over $ 1 billion.
Free Fire’s battle royale match includes up to 50 players generally parachuting onto an island in search of equipment and weapons to kill the other players. For starting, position players are free to choose and take supplies and weapons to extend their life of battle.
At QI 2021’s end, in revenues, it surpassed PUBG Mobile in the United States in turnover generating $ 100 million in comparison to PUBG Mobile as $ 68 million. The graphics of Free Fire have a benefit for low and mild specifications on phones.
Main Differences Between Roblox and Free Fire
- The Roblox’s release date is on the PC is September 1, 2006. On December 11, 2012, it was released on iOS, launched on Android on July 16, 2014, and released on November 20, 2015, Roblox on Xbox One. In contrast, on August 23 2017, Free Fire was released on iOS and Android devices.
- The events hosted by Roblox are BloxCon (for ordinary players convention on the platform), it also operates annual Easter Egg hunts,e and Bloxy Awards (award ceremony and functions as a fundraiser). On the contrary, Free Fire launched in 2019 the Free Fire World Series, 2020 Free Fire World Series was replaced as Free Fire Continental Series.
- Roblox has received widespread criticism for its chat filtration system, prohibition of sexual content on it, and for children making it easy to spend large sums of money by microtransactions. Meanwhile, Free Fire is criticized for being addictive, causing eye damage, and being very violent.
- In terms of popularity, worldwide, there are approx 43.2 million daily active users of Roblox with total users of nearly 200 million. On the flip side, among the popular battle royale mobile games, Free Fire is one behind PUBG Mobile, Call of Duty, and Fortnite Battle Royale.
- When it comes to platforms, Roblox can be supported on various devices like Xbox One, Windows, iOS, Mac, and Android. On the other hand, Free Fire is only supported on iOS and Android.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.