The Internet has led to a changing world in terms of technology and associability. It leads to the development of certain websites and apps that has contributed the most when it comes to human development.
Not only this, certain other apps and websites are developed that are powered or produced by Google, such as Google Chrome.
- Google is a multinational technology company, while Google Chrome is a web browser developed by Google.
- Google provides numerous online services, including search, email, and cloud storage, whereas Google Chrome is solely for internet browsing.
- Google Chrome is one of many products offered by Google, a larger parent company.
Google vs Google Chrome
The difference between Google and Google Chrome is that Google is a broader platform providing several functions that include mailing, maps, and calling, but the main is the providing information, whereas Google Chrome is part of the Google Company, which is used as a web browser for searching and providing information. Both of them were found in different years. Google was founded earlier, and after 10 years, it developed Google Chrome. Except this, they also differ in terms of their market share, produce associated with, their formats, etc.
This includes advertisement, data keeping, mailing, communication, etc. It is a type of search engine with the main aim of providing information to its user.
Google Chrome is a product of Google used for searching online; it shows the websites and webpages related to the information or topic the user type for searching. It was founded by Google Company in 2008.
|Parameters of Comparison||Google Chrome|
|Type||Search engine||Web browser|
|Other products||Google drive, maps, etc.||Chromecast, Chromebook, etc.|
|Format||Text, document, image, etc.||Webpage|
What is Google?
Google is the most used platform as it has the largest index of websites, which is over 3 billion. Its original name was Backrub, but later on, the company decided to change it.
Some of the platforms produced by Google are:
- Gmail: earlier, yahoo was the platform for mailing, but later on, Google came up with Gmail, and now 99% of the population uses this for mailing. It is easier and offers several features, which now include meetings as well.
- Google Maps: Google has led the introduction of an important platform where it provides maps for every location, making it easier to search for a particular place, especially when you are new in the area.
- Google Chrome: this is the platform mainly used for searching content online. It redirects to the web pages or websites providing the information.
The biggest advantage Google offer is that it provides more than one platform, and anyone can use this anywhere, and no special knowledge or education is required to operate this.
What is Google Chrome?
The following are the features of Google Chrome:
- It is easier to use.
- It is a safe webpage used for searching.
- Webpages with heavy graphics and other materials (videos, advertisements, pictures) can be easily accessed.
- It can be accessed easily by beginners.
- It provides automated changes to secure the experience.
- There is a search bar to search the information about certain topics.
- It has a search bar making it easier to search for the topic, and it has options such as forward, backward and refreshing, which enhances the experience.
- Chromes show all types of websites which heavy things and advanced scripting as well.
- Google is regularly updating the service provided by Chrome by making it more secure and offering more features in it.
- It is a very famous browser that is used by many, and through this, you can use other sites too that are produced or affiliated with Google.
- Incognito mode.
It is easier to use several other platforms directly, for example, by just opening chrome, we can type for the Gmail platform, and at the same time, in other tabs, Google Maps can be used and in other tabs other platforms.
Main Differences Between Google and Google Chrome
- Google is a vast platform that provides a selection that is similar to texts, paperwork, data, etc., when entered, whereas Google Chrome is a narrow platform mainly redirecting to the site.
- Google is considered to be a search engine that can be used for searching and other functions as well, whereas Google Chrome is a web browser used for searching for information.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.