Tequila is an alcoholic beverage for cocktails and shots and interestingly it is also Mexico’s National Drink.
Table of Contents
Tequila is believed to have originated roughly around 2000 years ago, at that time it was used for religious ceremonies. Blue Agave plan is used as the base ingredient of tequila, the drink is then processes and fermented and at the end, it is classified on the basis of taste, ageing and ingredients used up.
Gold vs Silver Tequila
The difference between Gold Tequila and Silver Tequila is that Gold Tequila is not purely made of the blue agave plant but it is a mix that is less than 100% agave and it is distilled into alcohol while silver Tequila is distilled in stainless steel storage containers and the total concentration can be either be 100% agave or a very close mix.
Silver Tequila is also called white tequila.
|Parameters of Comparison||Gold Tequila||Silver Tequila|
|Process of Making||It is distilled and aged in barrels for a while||It is bottled without ageing|
|Colour||It is brown in colour||It is clear as water|
|Finished Product||Colouring and Flavours added before bottling||Bottled in its purest form|
|Uses||It is best taken in shots||It is best used for cocktails|
|Taste||It is smooth in taste||It has a more natural harsh taste|
|Price||Tequila gold is often more costly||Silver tequila is comparatively cheap and more pocket friendly|
What is Gold Tequila?
It is a mix which is less than 100% pure agave and then distilled into alcohol. The gold colour in the tequila is acquired from two different sources that can be the barrels where tequila was aged in or colouring additives.
Sugar and caramel colouring is added to the batch before fermentation, that gives gold tequila a smooth taste and makes it an optimal choice for the shots. Gold tequila is filled with additives when distillation completes, due to this, it has a smooth and bearable taste.
Gold Tequila is generally consumed as shots. Gold tequila’s ageing process is quite long and elaborate that’ why it is costly.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
||Jose Cuervo Tequila Especial Gold, 1.75L, 80 Proof||Check Price on Amazon|
|Jose Cuervo Especial Gold Tequila, 750 ml, 80 Proof||Check Price on Amazon|
|Sauza Hacienda Gold Tequila, 750 mL, 80 Proof||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Silver Tequila?
The concentration of silver tequila is either 100% agave or a close mix, blue agave spirit is presented in its purest form in silver tequila. It is bottled immediately after the distillation, it means that it is not aged or aged only for a small amount of time.
Silver tequilas generally have a harsh taste. Silver tequila is presented in pure form with no additives.
It is often consumed as cocktails. Since the manufacturing and packaging process is not so elaborate, it’s more pocket friendly.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|Teremana Tequila Silver, 750mL, 80 proof||Check Price on Amazon|
|el Jimador Silver Tequila, 1.75 L, 80 Proof||Check Price on Amazon|
|Jose Cuervo Tequila Especial Silver, 750 ml, 80 Proof||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Gold and Silver Tequila
- Gold tequila has a brown colour, almost caramel appearance whereas Silver tequila has a clear and transparent look and it appears like water
- Gold Tequila is stored in the barrels for some time during the ageing process whereas Silver tequila is packaged between anything less than two months after the making process finished
- Gold tequila is added with necessary colouring and additives whereas Silver tequila is packaged in its purest form with no additives are added
- Gold tequila has a smooth and sweeter taste, this taste is acquired from ageing and flavouring processes whereas Silver tequila has a more natural and harsh taste
- Gold tequila has a lower concentration of agave whereas Silver tequila has 100% agave concentration
- Gold tequila is consumed directly as shots because of its smooth taste whereas Silver tequila is used for cocktails as its pure form is harsh to consume
- Gold tequila is costlier as there is a long process of making it whereas Silver tequila is cheaper as compared to former
- Gold tequila is less popular in clubs whereas Silver tequila is very popular in clubs
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Last update on 2022-11-29 / Amazon Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API