These days websites have become the main advertising center for any organization or company because, with their help, only the advertisements reach everybody in the world. Therefore a special team of people is recruited for maintaining the websites and are provided with special tools that are designed only for managing website functioning.
Google Tag Manager and Facebook Pixel both function as website maintenance tools. Both the tools can be used together. The user needs to make an account in the Google tag manager application, then they can add their Facebook pixel account with the same account.
Google Tag Manager vs Facebook Pixel
The main difference between Google Tag Manager and Facebook Pixel is that Google Tag Manager, as the name suggests, provides tags for updating and managing your websites. Whereas Facebook Pixel helps you in the advertisement of your website and also for optimizing errors on your page.
Facebook Pixel helps you to analyze the growth of your advertisement graph that you use on your website to gain money. In a better language, it is an application that gives you a code to attach to your web code, which allows you to analyze people’s behaviors towards website advertisement format.
Comparison Table Between Google Tag Manager and Facebook Pixel
|Parameters of Comparison||Google Tag Manager||Facebook Pixel|
|Tools integration||Google Tag Manager easily gets integrated with third-party tools like Google analytics, FullStory, Smartlook, and even Facebook Pixel.||Facebook Pixel can also be integrated with other tools but only with limited tools like FreshPaint, Rudderstack, etc.|
|Companies using||As Google Tag Manager is easy to use many familiar companies are using this application like Snapchat, YouTube, etc.||Facebook Pixel is not a very easy-to-use tool therefore mainly the old companies use it like Lunchbox, Affirm, etc.|
|Category||This tool falls under the category of Analytics integrator.||This tool falls under the category of general analytics|
|Cost||Google Tag Manager is a free-to-use tool and can be used with other tools too.||Facebook Pixel is also a free-to-use tool but lacks integration with other applications easily.|
|Coding skill requirement||This software requires no coding ability or prior knowledge in this field.||This is just an extension that provides you with code snippets that you can add to your website but requires knowledge of coding.|
What is Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager is used to deploy tags on your website. This software does not make any changes in your source code or actual code of the website; instead, it just adds essential tags and updates your google ads. Because of the friendly interface and familiarity with Google products, this tool is very popular.
Google Tag Manager is also good as an android or ios application tool because it can manage android app advertisements too, without any need for an interface between any two binary programs. This tool can be added to your android application project with the help of Firebase SDK.
Server-side tagging using Google Tag Manager is very easy because it let you move your tag code from your website to the cloud system, which also helps you to get rid of unauthenticated or malicious activities and thereby enhance your data security.
What is Facebook Pixel?
Facebook is slightly similar to Google Tag Manager but, it mostly works in the business marketing area. It provides you with small code or templates which you can repeatedly use in your source code, but before applying it to your original code, you must know the use of that snippet code.
Facebook Pixel also has its analytics tool called Facebook analytics, which you can attach to your pixel account. It mainly collects the data regarding the feedback of your advertisements that you gain from people visiting your website, analyzes that data, and provides you with solutions to optimize your website advertisements.
If you do not have any prior knowledge regarding coding, then you can integrate your Facebook Pixel with tools like WordPress, google analytics that helps you to deploy your Pixel code.
Main Differences Between Google Tag Manager and Facebook Pixel
- Google Tag Manager smoothly gets assimilated with other intermediary tools like Google Analytics, FullStory, Smartlook, etc. On the other hand, Facebook Pixel can also be assimilated with other tools but with some restrictions like repeated errors, lack of plugins, etc.
- Facebook Pixel falls under the group of general analytics tools, which means it consults you with your business application management. Whereas Google Tag Manager falls under the group of Analytics integrator tools, which means it integrates your data with the applications and the algorithm.
- Facebook Pixel is a free-to-use tool but lacks combinations with other applications smoothly. While Google Tag Manager also does not take any charges of using but can be combined with other tools easily.
- Facebook Pixel is not a very easy-to-use tool; therefore, mainly the old companies use it like Lunchbox, Affirm, etc. Whereas Google Tag Manager is easy to use, many well-known companies are using this application like Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
- Google Tag Manager needs no coding ability or prior knowledge in the field of programming. While Facebook Pixel requires slight coding knowledge or programming skills.
Having programming knowledge in today’s generation is very essential as everything we do now is through computers, and computers need to be instructed with a line of code. There are many programming languages like Java, C++, HTML, etc., which help you to build things for yourself and your business by which you make money.
Some software applications are there for non-coders, but the maximum of the applications needs coding knowledge or field knowledge because, without that, you cannot operate the functions of those applications fully.