Facebook is a worldwide social media network site founded by Mark Zuckerberg and his colleagues at Harvard University.
Its membership was initially restricted to Harvard University students and, later on, was available to everyone worldwide. It was launched on February 4, 2004.
Nowadays, so many lite apps are developed mainly to conserve data, and Facebook lite is also a trimmed version of Facebook with more or less similar features.
- Facebook and Facebook Lite are both social media platforms. Still, Facebook Lite is a stripped-down version of the full Facebook app designed for use on older or slower devices and in areas with poor network connections.
- Facebook Lite uses fewer data and takes up less storage space than the full Facebook app, but it offers fewer features.
- Facebook Lite is suitable for users with low-end devices or who live in areas with slow internet speeds and want to use Facebook without compromising their device’s performance.
Facebook vs. Facebook Lite
Facebook is a social media platform that allows users to connect and interact with friends and family online. It was founded in 2004 and has since grown. Facebook Lite is a lighter version of Facebook designed for users who have slower internet connections or older mobile devices. It was launched in 2015.
On the other hand, Facebook works only on a 4G network; you need sufficient space in your phone and a good internet connection. You’ll also have to install Messenger to chat and share pictures and videos on chat.
The picture and video quality are good enough, and there are certain features that you couldn’t find on the Facebook lite app.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Facebook is around 60 to 65 MB in Android, which may take up much more space in iPhones.
|Facebook Lite only takes 2 to 3 MB of space in Androids, while it may take around 20 MB in iPhones. It’s much more compressed than the Facebook app.
|You can connect to anyone around the globe, make friends, chat, make video calls, play games, share your pictures and posts, react to others’ posts, comment, and much more.
|Facebook lite has almost all the main features of Facebook, uses less RAM and less power, and works well on cheaper phones and even when there’s a bad internet connection. A special feature that it has is the dark theme which the Facebook app doesn’t have.
|The Facebook app consumes a heavy battery compared to the Lite app.
|Facebook Lite consumes very little battery power as compared to the Facebook app.
|If you have a good internet connection, it works nicely, and the loading speed is quite good but it’s not the case with a poor internet connection.
|Its loading speed is good even with a poor Internet connection
|The picture and video quality on the Facebook app is quite high.
|Since this app is developed to save data, the picture quality is quite low.
|You must install Facebook Messenger and the Facebook app to avail yourself of additional features like chatting, video calling, sending, etc.
|You will get a messaging section along with the Facebook Lite app.
What is Facebook?
Facebook is a social media site founded by Mark Zuckerberg. It has over 2.7 billion users through which you can connect to anyone around the world, share posts, like, comment, share, and react to the posts of others.
You can advertise, raise funds, play games, get jobs, see the weather, and more.
It’s undoubtedly an excellent social media app, but there are some disadvantages also. It consumes a lot of data, occupies a lot of phone space, and runs smoothly only on a 4G network with a good Internet connection.
You must install Facebook Messenger to chat or call your friends on Facebook.
What is Facebook Lite?
Facebook Lite is a compressed version of the Facebook app with almost all the main features that are in the Facebook app. Though it lacks certain features that Facebook has, it has certain special features too.
It has a dark theme feature and an inbuilt chat section absent on Facebook.
Facebook Lite occupies very little space on your device and works well enough on any network, even 2G. It works well even on cheaper phones and doesn’t need a good connection.
The loading speed is just fine and doesn’t consume much battery.
Main Differences Between Facebook and Facebook Lite
- Facebook is around 60 to 65 MB in size and consumes a heavy battery, whereas Facebook Lite is just 2 to 3 MB and consumes a very low battery.
- You need good RAM in your phone and a good Internet connection to use Facebook, while Facebook Lite works well on cheaper phones and has a poor Internet connection.
- It would be best if you had a 4G network to use Facebook smoothly, while Facebook Lite works smoothly on any network, even on 2G.
- On the Facebook app, your feed gets automatically refreshed within no time, and it consumes more data, while on the Facebook lite app, it takes a bit longer as it consumes less data.
- The dark theme is absent on the Facebook app while it’s present on the lite app.
- You’ll have to install a messenger app to use the chat facilities on Facebook, while Facebook has an inbuilt message section.
- The picture quality on Facebook is much better than on Facebook Lite.
Last Updated : 11 June, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.