- Product Line: Ecobee and Ecobee Lite are smart thermostat models offered by Ecobee.
- Features: Ecobee offers advanced features and capabilities, while Ecobee Lite provides basic smart thermostat functionality.
- Price: Ecobee is more expensive, while Ecobee Lite offers a more affordable option.
What is Ecobee?
Ecobee is a brand of smart thermostats. It assists people in controlling the heating and cooling systems of their homes. These thermostats are designed to give users complete control over the temperature settings. Energy use and comfort levels are also managed by it.
These thermostats are Wi-Fi-enabled. You can also control them remotely with the help of a smartphone app. This app will allow you to modify the temperature and set schedules. You will receive alerts accordingly.
Apart from all these, Ecobee also delivers a spectrum of features to help you. Ecobee monitors energy usage, and therefore, it helps to decrease utility bills. Its smart feature can adjust the temperature automatically based on the weather.
Ecobee also shakes hands with other smart home devices. It comes with in-built Amazon Alexa and Apple HomeKit. With these, you can use your voice commands to control the temperature.
What is Ecobee Lite?
Ecobee Lite is a more affordable version of Ecobee. It is designed to include the main functions, while some advanced features have been excluded.
The Ecobee Lite does not share compatibility with Apple HomeKit. It contains a non-touchscreen display. It also has limitations when compatibility with ventilators, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers emerges.
It also excludes the built-in speaker and patches up with Alexa. Despite all these differences, Ecobee Lite is still popular among users as it comprises all the basic components. It is Wi-Fi-enabled and remotely controllable using a smartphone app.
Users can modify the temperature, set schedules, and receive alerts as a reminder. The auto adjustment of temperature is also available. Smart technology can adapt a user’s habit over time and automatically revise the temperature.
If Ecobee is over the budget, then Ecobee Lite is a great alternative. It is affordable and yet carries a lot of the main features. This thermostat will be most appropriate If you want to upgrade your HVAC system.
Difference Between Ecobee and Ecobee Lite
- Ecobee is compatible with Apple HomeKit. But Ecobee Lite is not compatible with Apple HomeKit.
- Ecobee has Alexa built-in, whereas Ecobee Lite lacks this feature.
- Ecobee can cover up to 32 room sensors; for Ecobee Lite, the number is only up to 16.
- Ecobee retains a touchscreen display, but Ecobee Lite does not bear a touchscreen.
- Ecobee controls HVAC accessories separately, but Ecobee Lite can not.
- Ecobee will offer you energy reports and insights, but with Ecobee Lite, you will not get this insight.
- Ecobee is fully compatible with ventilators, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers, but at the same time, Ecobee Lite limited compatibility with ventilators, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers.
Comparison Between Ecobee and Ecobee Lite
|Parameter of Comparison||Ecobee||Ecobee Lite|
|Compatibility||It is compatible with Apple HomeKit.||It is not compatible with Apple HomeKit.|
|Feature of Alexa||Alexa is built in here.||It is not available here.|
|Room sensor||It supports up to 32 room sensors.||It supports up to 16 room sensors.|
|Touchscreen||It comes with a touchscreen display.||It does not support a touchscreen.|
|Speaker||It has a speaker who can be employed for announcements.||It does not have a speaker.|
|Ecobee SmartCamera||It is compatible with ecobee SmartCamera.||It is not compatible with the Ecobee SmartCamera.|
|Power Extender Kit||Includes power extender kit.||Does not have any power extender kit.|
|Wireless sensor||Wireless remote sensors support this.||They offer no support for wireless remote sensors.|
|Wi-Fi Support||It can support dual-band Wi-Fi.||Single-band Wi-Fi so can work this you.|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.