Honda Motor Company and Citroen are two different automobile sector companies that are very popular among its customer in the market. The companies have their specific field of specialization in automobiles.
Different criteria are looked upon for selecting a particular vehicle,: engine capacity, dimensions, mileage, exterior or interior look, fuel tank and capacity, and many more.
- Honda Accord features a more spacious interior and reliable engine, while Citroen C5 offers unique suspension technology for a comfortable ride.
- Honda Accord has better fuel efficiency than Citroen C5, making it more economical for long-term use.
- Citroen C5 provides innovative styling and design, whereas Honda Accord focuses on a conservative, practical look.
Honda Accord vs Citroen C5
Honda Accord is a popular mid-size car known for its reliability, safety, and fuel efficiency. It is available in coupe, sedan, and hybrid versions, with advanced safety features, driver assistance technologies, and infotainment systems. Citroen C5 is a mid-size car known for its comfort, luxury, and unique styling.
Honda Accord is the model launched in India in the 2000s the 1970s in International Market. The model has undergone many redemptions according to the required features depending on the customer’s needs and market.
The model has been available in many vibrant colours in the market and is one a kind of D-segment car with less price range.
Citroen C5 lies among the newly launched model of the car by the respective company, the same as the name given. The model has been primarily launched and limited to the United Kingdom till now.
But the model is categorized among mid-sized sedan-type vehicles. The model’s popularity, features, and security have made it more popular among the customers in the market.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Honda Motor Company
|Fuel Consumption (Highway)
|6.7 L or 35.1 mpg
|3.8 L or 61.9 mpg
What is Honda Accord?
Honda Accord is the model that was first launched in India in the year 2001 on July 5th. The model has been revamped many times as per the necessity and requirements according to the customers’ preferences.
The model is categorized among the D-segment sedan, which was back then one of the first car types in the market.
The model has always been a preference for the customers, and the measurements of the model Honda Accord are length – 4882 mm, height of the car – 1450 mm, and car’s width is 1862 mm.
The average and approximate weight of the model lies around 1455 kg.
The other features of the model that customers prefer are the car’s exterior, which is more like a posh and sporty look. The interior of the vehicle includes many further features depending on the customer’s preferences.
The company has installed a very heavy-duty engine that is 1498 cc, and the car’s torque is about 260 nm. However, the price of the vehicle is a bit affordable compared to Citroen C5.
What is Citroen C5?
Citroen C5 is among the latest model that the company has manufactured. The manufacturing company ‘Citroen’ is based in France despite a lousy history of automobile companies for manufacturing optimum quality automobiles in the country.
Citroen has proved everyone wrong in the same way and manufactured varied models with the best quality.
Model C5 is mainly limited to the United Kingdom. It is pretty popular among the customers. The car belongs to the mid-sized sedan category while measuring height – 1689 mm, length – 4500 mm, and weight – 4500 mm.
The overall weight of the car is about 1430 kg.
The company provides many features within the model for their customers that, include – the high torque, i.e., 300 Nm, even the engine capacity of the model is approximately about 1499 cc, the less fuel consumption of the car while on a highway rate it as among the economical vehicles around the globe.
Also, the car’s boot capacity and passenger limit are 580 L and up to 5 passengers.
Main Differences Between Honda Accord and Citroen C5
- The model Accord is manufactured by the company Honda Motor Company while comparatively on the other hand, the model C5 is manufactured by the company Citroen.
- The engine capacity persisted by the model Honda Accord is around 1498 cc while comparatively, on the other, the engine capacity persisted by the model Citroen C5 is about 1499 cc.
- The model Honda Accord’s overall fuel consumption (on the highway) is around 6.7 L or 35.1 mpg. In contrast, comparatively, on the other hand, the overall fuel consumption (on the highway) in the model Citroen C5 is about 3.8 L or 61.9 mpg.
- The boot capacity provided in the model Honda Accord falls around 473 L, while comparatively, on the other hand, the boot capacity offered in the model Citroen C5 measures about 580 L.
- The average weight of the model Honda Accord is approximately 1455 kg, while comparatively, on the other hand, the average weight of the model Citroen C5 is approximately 1430 kg.
- The measurement of the wheelbase in the model Honda Accord is 2820 mm, while comparatively, on the other hand, the measurement of the wheelbase in the model Citroen C5 is 2730 kg.
- The torque of the car model Honda Accord is to be approximately around 260 Nm while comparatively, on the other hand, the approximate torque given by the Citroen C5 is around 300 Nm.
Last Updated : 24 November, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.