Honda Motor Company and Citroen are two different automobile sector companies that are very popular among its customer in the market. The companies have their specific field of specialization in automobiles.
Different criteria are looked upon for selecting a particular vehicle like – the engine capacity, dimensions, mileage, exterior or interior look, fuel tank, and its capacity, and many more.
Honda Accord vs Citroen C5
The difference between Honda Accord and Citroen C5 is that the Accord model has been manufactured by the Honda Motor Company and the model seems to have a touch of the technology of Japan while comparatively, on the other hand, the model C5 was developed and manufactured by the company Citroen which despite having many disasters in the field still managed to build such a masterpiece.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Honda Accord is the model that was launched initially in the year 2000s in India while in the 1970s in International Market. The model has undergone many redemptions according to the required features depending on the customer’s need and market.
The model has been available in many vibrant colors in the market and is one of a kind D-segment car with less price range.
Citroen C5 lies among the newly launched model of the car by the respective company, same as the name given. The model has been primarily launched and limited to the United Kingdom till now.
But the model is categorized among the mid-sized sedan-type vehicles. The popularity, features, and security of the model have made it much popular among the customers in the market.
|Parameters of Comparison||Honda Accord||Citroen C5|
|Manufactured By||Honda Motor Company||Citroen|
|Engine Capacity||1498 cc||1499 cc|
|Fuel Consumption (Highway)||6.7 L or 35.1 mpg||3.8 L or 61.9 mpg|
|Boot Capacity||473 L||580 L|
|Weight||1455 kg||1430 kg|
|Wheelbase||2820 mm||2730 mm|
|Torque||260 Nm||300 Nm|
What is Honda Accord?
Honda Accord is the model that was first launched in India in the year 2001 on July 5th. The model has been revamped many a time as per the necessity and requirement according to the customers’ preferences.
The model is categorized among the D-segment sedan, which was back then among one of the first types of car in the market.
The model has always been a preference for the customers, and the measurements of the model Honda Accord are length – 4882 mm, the height of the car – 1450 mm, and the width of the car is 1862 mm.
The average and approximate weight of the model lies around 1455 kg.
The other features of the model that customers prefer are the exterior of the car, which is more like a posh and sport look. The interior of the car includes further many features depending upon the customer’s preferences.
The company has installed a very heavy-duty engine that is 1498 cc, and the torque of the car is about 260 nm. Although the price of the car is a bit affordable compared to Citroen C5.
What is Citroen C5?
Citroen C5 is among the latest model that has been manufactured by the company. The manufacturing company ‘Citroen’ is based in France and despite a bad history of automobile companies for manufacturing optimum quality automobiles in the country.
The company Citroen has proved everyone wrong in the same and manufactured varied models with the best quality.
Model C5 is mainly limited to the United Kingdom. It is quite popular among the customers. The car belongs to the category of the mid-sized sedan while having a measurement of height – 1689 mm, length – 4500 mm, and weight – 4500 mm.
The overall weight of the car is about 1430 kg.
The company provides many features within the model for their customers that include – the high torque, i.e., 300 Nm, even the engine capacity of the model is approximately about 1499 cc, the less fuel consumption of the car while on a highway rate it as among the economical cars around the globe.
Also, the boot capacity and the passenger limit of the car are 580 L and up to 5 passengers.
Main Differences Between Honda Accord and Citroen C5
- The model Accord is manufactured by the company Honda Motor Company while comparatively, on the other hand, the model C5 is manufactured by the company Citroen.
- The engine capacity persisted by the model Honda Accord is around 1498 cc while comparatively, on the other, the engine capacity persisted by model Citroen C5 is about 1499 cc.
- The overall fuel consumption (on the highway) in the model Honda Accord is around 6.7 L or 35.1 mpg, while comparatively, on the other hand, the overall fuel consumption (on the highway) in the model Citroen C5 is about 3.8 L or 61.9 mpg.
- The boot capacity provided in the model Honda Accord falls around 473 L, while comparatively, on the other hand, the boot capacity offered in the model Citroen C5 measures about 580 L.
- The average weight of the model Honda Accord is approximately 1455 kg, while comparatively, on the other hand, the average weight of the model Citroen C5 is approximately 1430 kg.
- The measurement of the wheelbase in the model Honda Accord is 2820 mm, while comparatively, on the other hand, the measurement of the wheelbase in the model Citroen C5 is 2730 kg.
- The torque of the car model Honda Accord is to be approximately around 260 Nm while comparatively, on the other hand, the approximate torque given by the Citroen C5 is around 300 Nm.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.