The new generation follows each and every fad. Makeup is one of the most famous fads. It is a sensation among the people.
There exist different makeup brands that compete with each other in order to win the trust of their customers. Two such makeup brands are Kylie Cosmetics and Sephora.
- Kylie Cosmetics is a celebrity-founded brand focusing on lip kits and makeup products. At the same time, Sephora is a multinational retailer offering various beauty products and services from different brands.
- Sephora provides a more extensive selection of beauty products, whereas Kylie Cosmetics has a narrower, more specialized product range.
- Kylie Cosmetics primarily sells online, while Sephora operates online and brick-and-mortar stores worldwide.
Kylie Cosmetics vs Sephora
Kylie Cosmetics is a beauty brand founded by celebrity Kylie Jenner that primarily sells makeup products, and it offers a relatively limited range of high-end products. Sephora is a beauty retailer that sells a variety of beauty products, including makeup, skincare, fragrance, and hair care.
Kylie Cosmetics is a makeup brand that sells high-end makeup products worldwide. The makeup brand was founded in the year 2014 by the famous model and social media influencer Kylie Jenner.
The cosmetic brand has only hired around 12 employees so far. Coty is the parent organization. Its headquarters are situated in Oxnard, California, United States.
Sephora is a multinational retailer of cosmetic brands and skincare. The company was founded in the year 1970 by Dominique Mandonnaud. LVHM is its parent organization.
Sephora boutiques have been established in nearly all parts of the globe hence being within the customer’s reach. It represents thousands of brands, including its own personal label, which is the Sephora Collection.
|Parameters of Comparison||Kylie Cosmetics||Sephora|
|Founder||The makeup brand was founded by the famous model/ influencer Kylie Jenner.||The multinational retailer was founded by Dominique Mandonnaud.|
|Year of Foundation||The year this famous makeup brand was founded was 2014.||The year this famous multinational retail company was founded was in 1970.|
|Products Sold||The cosmetic brand mainly focuses on high-end makeup products.||The retail company sells skincare products, beauty tools, body products, haircare, and nail accessories.|
|Headquarters||They have their headquarters located in Oxnard, California, United States.||They have their headquarters located in Paris, France.|
|Significance of Name||The cosmetic brand’s name comes from the name of the founder, Kylie Jenner.||The company’s name comes from the Greek word Zipporah which refers to the beautiful wives of Moses. |
What is Kylie Cosmetics?
Kylie Cosmetics is an American-based cosmetic company that was founded in the year 2014.
The famous US model Kylie Jenner is this brand’s founder and brand ambassador. This cosmetic brand’s head office is in Oxnard, California, United States.
The well-maintained makeup brand is cruelty-free and a hundred percent vegan. The beauty brand doesn’t support animal testing, which is why it is preferred by a large number of customers. It is pure, clean, and hygienic.
Below are a few basic details about the famous brand:
- Founder- Kylie Jenner is the founder.
- Year Established In- The year 2014 witnessed the establishment of the brand.
- Number Of Employees- 12 employees have been hired to work for the brand’s growth.
- Headquarters- Oxnard, California, United States.
- Parent Organization- Coty is the brand’s parent organization.
Initially, the company was named Kylie lip kit. The reason is the company totally emphasized selling lip care, lip liners, and liquid lipsticks. But later on, the company started selling all kinds of makeup tools and renamed itself Kylie Cosmetics.
Being a popular brand, it has also faced a few criticisms. A few of them were the luxury brush scandal, skin concealer controversy, provocative blushes issue, and company overvaluation.
What is Sephora?
Sephora is a high-end multinational retail company that was founded in the year 1970. Dominique Mandonnaud is the founder of the company. Its head office is located in Paris, France.
Sephora offers a wide range of rich, royal, and enchanting brands in beauty tools, body tools, skincare, haircare, and nail arts.
Apart from sponsoring other beauty brands, Sephora has also launched its own private label, which is the Sephora Collection. The Sephora Collection is a massive sensation across the globe.
Below are a few basic details about the famous company:
- Founder- Dominique Mandonnaud is the founder.
- Year Established In- The year 1970 witnessed the establishment of the multinational company.
- Number Of Employees- More than thousands of employees are hired to work for the company’s growth.
- Headquarters- Paris, France.
- Parent Organization- LVHM is the brand’s parent organization.
Sephora got its name from the Greek word Zipporah which means bird. Zipporah was a term used to refer to Moses’s exceptionally beautiful and gorgeous wives.
Sephora has established a total of 2,600 stores worldwide, making itself an easy attraction for the company’s buyers.
Just like any other brand, Sephora has faced several controversies. In April 2019, the company was accused of racial profiling. In the year 2020, in the month of February, Sephora was accused of wage theft, staff complaints, bullying culture, and mishandling staff.
Main Differences Between Kylie Cosmetics and Sephora
- Kylie Cosmetics was founded in the year 2014, whereas Sephora was founded in the year 1970.
- Kylie Cosmetic brand’s founder is Kylie Jenner, while on the other hand, the founder of Sephora is Dominique Mandonnaud.
- The United States has the headquarters of the Kylie Cosmetic brand, and France has the headquarters of the Sephora company.
- Coty is the parent organization of Kylie Cosmetics, whereas LVHM is the parent organization of Sephora.
- The founder’s name gave origin to the name of Kylie Cosmetic brand, whereas Sephora’s name originated from a Greek word called Zipporah (refers to the exceptionally gorgeous wives of Moses.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Chara Yadav holds MBA in Finance. Her goal is to simplify finance-related topics. She has worked in finance for about 25 years. She has held multiple finance and banking classes for business schools and communities. Read more at her bio page.