Cosmetics are products that include almost every type of accessory that is used by women and men for their beauty and wellness. This is a very broad classification of the products, and some of them can be listed as – skincare products (toner, moisturizer, serums, face cream, body lotions, face masks, etc.), hair care products (shampoos, conditioner, serums, masks, etc.), wellness products (calcium tablets, multivitamins, fish oil tablets, energy drinks, and many more). And these products are manufactured by many companies in the market.
Mary Kay vs Sephora
The difference between Mary Kay and Sephora is that the company Mary Kay is based in the United States, America, and it mainly manufactures products related to skincare and cosmetics. Also, the company has its manufacturing unit in Dallas. Whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the company Sephora is based in France, and the products manufactured by the company are based on wellness and beauty.
Mary Kay is a company that is run or governed by a private company. The company is known by the name of Mary Kay Inc. also, the mind behind the establishment of the company and to run it successfully as a brand was of Mary Kay Ash. The company has maintained its quality and standard over the last 58 years. That is, it was founded in the year September 1963.
Sephora is another company that is run by a subsidiary company. Although the company was established around 51 years before from now and that was in the year 1970. The founder Dominique Mandonnaud created the company and established it completely as a brand in the market. Also, over time, the customers were impressed by the quality and quantity provided by the bank.
Comparison Table Between Mary Kay and Sephora
|Parameters of Comparison||Mary Kay||Sephora|
|Founded In||September 1963||1970|
|Founded By||Mary Kay Ash||Dominique Mandonnaud|
|Main Office||Addison, Texas||Paris, France|
|Area served||40 countries||34 countries|
|Number of employees||Approximately about 40k||Approximately about 60k|
What is Mary Kay?
Mary Kay is a company that is based in America. The company was established around fifty-eight years back that is in September 1963. The said brain or mind behind the establishment of a company was Mary Kay Ash. After her death, the company was overtaken by her son named Richard Rogers.
He was appointed as the Chairman of the respective company.
The Mary Kay company has a main office or the headquarters in America itself at the place Addison, Texas. They have a net revenue of many billion dollars but still are less than that of Sephora company. Although the company is multi-network thus, it helps in the advertisement of self-company products.
The company serves and sell their respective cosmetics approximately around the corner, but specifically, it delivers in 40 different countries. Thus they have had a tremendous number of employees working in their respective company and in statistics it may range above than 40 thousand of them. The official website for the company is www.marykay.com.
What is Sephora?
Sephora is a company that is based in France. The company was established approximately around 51 years before now, and that is in 1970. At that time, the cosmetic products weren’t much popular, but still, the company made a mark in the market. The company was established by individual Dominique Mandonnaud.
The main office or the head office of the respective company is situated or located in Paris, France. In addition, the net revenue received by the company is huge in number as of updated last in 2019. Despite being a company owned by the private sector, it is recognized as a good consumer company.
The main products manufactured by the company are related to the wellness and beauty of both women and men. The number of employees working in the respective company is approximately about 60 thousand in number. Also, the company has two official websites that are – www.sephora.com and www.sephora.fr.
Main Differences Between Mary Kay and Sephora
- The company Mary Kay was founded about 58 years ago, and that is September 1963, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the company Sephora was founded approximately 51 years ago, and that was in the year 1970.
- The company Mary Kay was founded by Mary Kay Ash, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the company Sephora was founded by the individual Dominique Mandonnaud.
- The headquarters or the main office of the company Mary Kay is located or situated in Addison, Texas, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the headquarters or the main office for the company Sephora is situated or located in Paris, France.
- The total revenue of the company Mary Kay is quite less whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the total revenue of the company Sephora is more.
- The areas served by the company Mary Kay are approximately around 40 different countries, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the areas served by the company Sephora are approximately around 34 countries.
- The company Mary Kay has approximately employed 40 thousand people in their company whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the company Sephora has approximately employed 60 thousand people in their respective company.
- The official website of the company Mary Kay is www.marykay.com, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the official website of the company Sephora are www.sephora.fr and www.sephora.com.
To summarize the above discussion, this can be concluded that cosmetics have become an integral part of the lifestyle of women and men. These cosmetics are manufactured by varied companies such as – MAC, Sugar, Nykaa, Maybelline, Lakme, Huda Beauty, Renee, Lotus, Olay, Sephora, Mary Kay, and many more others. These manufacturing companies in the market have been producing these products with different ingredients and requirements for the different body skin types.
Some companies prepare these formulas using chemicals, and some prepare them with all organic compounds or constituents that benefit the body and beauty. The uses of these products are always advised to be used according to the skin or body type of the respective individual.