Cosmetics are products that include almost every type of accessory that is used by women and men for their beauty and wellness. This is a very broad classification of the products, and some of them can be listed as – skincare products (toners, moisturizers, serums, face creams, body lotions, face masks, etc.), hair care products (shampoos, conditioners, serums, masks, etc.), wellness products (calcium tablets, multivitamins, fish oil tablets, energy drinks, and many more). And these products are manufactured by many companies in the market.
- Mary Kay is a direct sales company specializing in skincare and cosmetics, while Sephora is a retail store offering a wide range of beauty products.
- Mary Kay products are sold through independent consultants, whereas Sephora sells in-store and online products.
- Sephora carries multiple brands, offering a diverse selection, while Mary Kay exclusively sells its brand of products.
Mary Kay vs Sephora
Mary Kay is a direct sales cosmetics company that offers a range of skin care, makeup, fragrance, and body care products that was founded in 1963. Sephora is a multinational beauty retailer that offers a wide range of cosmetics, skincare, fragrance, and hair care products from various brands.
Mary Kay is a company that is run or governed by a private company. The company is known by the name of Mary Kay Inc. Also, the mind behind the establishment of the company and running it successfully as a brand was of Mary Kay Ash. The company has maintained its quality and standard over the last 58 years. That is, it was founded in the year September 1963.
Sephora is another company that a subsidiary company runs. Although the company was established around 51 years before from now and that was in the year 1970. The founder Dominique Mandonnaud created the company and established it completely as a brand in the market. Also, over time, the customers were impressed by the quality and quantity provided by the bank.
|Parameters of Comparison||Mary Kay||Sephora|
|Founded In||September 1963||1970|
|Founded By||Mary Kay Ash||Dominique Mandonnaud|
|Main Office||Addison, Texas||Paris, France|
|Area served||40 countries||34 countries|
|Number of employees||Approximately about 40k||Approximately about 60k|
What is Mary Kay?
Mary Kay is a company that is based in America. The company was established around fifty-eight years back, in September 1963. The brain or mind behind the company’s establishment was Mary Kay Ash. After her death, the company was overtaken by her son named, Richard Rogers.
He was appointed as the Chairman of the respective company.
The Mary Kay company has a main office or headquarters in America itself at the place Addison, Texas. They have a net revenue of many billion dollars but still less than Sephora company. Although the company is multi-network thus, it helps in the advertisement of self-company products.
The company serves and sells their respective cosmetics approximately around the corner, but specifically, it delivers in 40 different countries. Thus they have had a tremendous number of employees working in their respective company and in statistics it may range above than 40 thousand of them. The official website for the company is www.marykay.com.
What is Sephora?
Sephora is a company that is based in France. The company was established approximately around 51 years before now, and that is in 1970. At that time, cosmetic products weren’t popular, but the company made a mark in the market. Individual Dominique Mandonnaud established the company.
The main office or the head office of the respective company is situated or located in Paris, France. In addition, the net revenue received by the company is huge number as of updated last in 2019. Despite being a company owned by the private sector, it is recognized as a good consumer company.
The main products manufactured by the company are related to the wellness and beauty of both women and men. The number of employees working in the respective company is approximately about 60 thousand in number. Also, the company has two official websites that are – www.sephora.com and www.sephora.fr.
Main Differences Between Mary Kay and Sephora
- The company Mary Kay was founded about 58 years ago, and that is September 1963, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the company Sephora was founded approximately 51 years ago, and that was in the year 1970.
- The company Mary Kay was founded by Mary Kay Ash, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the company Sephora was founded by the individual Dominique Mandonnaud.
- The headquarters or the main office of the company Mary Kay is located or situated in Addison, Texas, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the headquarters or the main office of the company Sephora is situated or located in Paris, France.
- The total revenue of the company Mary Kay is quite less, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the total revenue of the company Sephora is more.
- The areas served by the company Mary Kay are approximately 40 different countries, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the areas served by Sephora are approximately around 34 countries.
- The company Mary Kay has approximately employed 40 thousand people in their company whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the company Sephora has approximately employed 60 thousand people in their respective company.
- The official website of the company Mary Kay is www.marykay.com, whereas comparatively, the official website of the company Sephora are www.sephora.fr and www.sephora.com.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Chara Yadav holds MBA in Finance. Her goal is to simplify finance-related topics. She has worked in finance for about 25 years. She has held multiple finance and banking classes for business schools and communities. Read more at her bio page.