There are several branches that make up a countries arm force. Navy and Marins are also a part of those branches.
Table of Contents
The marines and navy were officially established in 1775 by the continental congress of the united states. They had specific missions for both of these departments of the military force.
Navy vs Marine
The difference between the Navy and Marine is that the navy specializes in controlling the entry and exit point of the seaport, on the other hand, the marines carry out an amphibious combat mission.
The primary role of the navy is to ensure that the seas are free from all kinds of seaborne threats and that the country can make use of the seas, when and where it is required for the national interest. The marines are one of the several branches of the united states armed force that specializes in amphibious missions.
They are trained to take control and capture ‘beachheads’ and to make an attack route that will enable assault on the enemy from almost any direction.
|Parameter of Comparison||Navy||Marine|
|Introduction||The Navy is a whole body of warship that maintains the freedom of the sea for the national interest.||Marine is the group of troops that serves land, sea, and air providing support to both naval and ground forces.|
|Type||It is a special operation of force on the sea.||It is amphibious and expeditionary.|
|Admission||It is a part of the department of defense of any country.||It is a part of the department of the navy of any country.|
|Objective||Defending the territorial integrity, offshore assets, and citizen of a country is the primary objective of the Navy.||Defending the national interest of a nation is the objective of the marine.|
|Role||The role of the Navy is Maritime special operation, counter-terrorism, counter-drug operation, etc.||The role of Marine is Ground and amphibious force.|
What is Navy?
The Navy is the whole body of worship belonging to a country or ruler. It is a body of warship consisting of their officers and enlisted personnel, yard, equipment, etc constituting the sea power of the nation.
It’s a nation’s war specialty and craft of every kind maintained for fighting under, on, or overseas. A large navy often includes aircraft carriers, destroyers, frigates, cruisers, minesweepers, submarines, gunboats, minelayers, and various types of supply, support, repair ships, naval bases, and naval ports.
A nation extends its military power onto the sea through the naval ships. There is necessarily a vast organization for the administration and upkeeps of their department of the defense system.
The word Navy for the first time came up from the french word ‘Navie’ which means ‘fleet of the ship’ and from the Latin word ‘ navigium’ which means ‘ a vessel, a ship, boat.’ In a general sense, the Navy is widely denoted as a military fleet.
Naval warfare developed long ago between 300BC to 1279 AD, when humans for the first time fought from waterborne vessels. Tamil Nadu of India was known as one of the greatest naval power of its time.
There are two chief functions of the navy:
- To achieve sea control; and
- Sea denial.
The objective of the Navy:
- Deterrence against conflicts,
- Military victory in case of war,
- Defense of territorial integrity, citizen, offshore assets from seaborne threats,
- Safeguards mercantile marine and maritime trade; and
- Safeguards national interest and maritime security.
What is Marine?
The marine is one of a class of naval troops serving both on shipboard and on land. They are a branch of the united states armed forces that specialize in amphibious missions.
The soldiers of marines are highly trained to take control of beachheads and to attack the enemy from almost any direction. They are meant to support the army when rapid development is needed.
For the first time, Marine was established as a landing force for the navy. But, in 1798, these corps were made a separate service by congress.
The Marine is usually to a large extent, self-sufficient with its own airpower that consists of the attack helicopter and fighter aircraft. The Marine corps occupied a small role in American military history, after the early 19th-century engagements.
Later, after they saw a little significant action in the American Civil War, they became prominent due to their development in small wars all around the world. This section of military corps saw action throughout the Caribbean in places such as Nicaragua during the year before and after World War I.
Marines are basically a lighter force than the army, therefore, they can rapidly be deployed and can also take part in a ground combat operation. Ground Combat Operation includes:
- Amphibious Assult Vehicle Operation,
- Infantry Assult; and
Main Differences Between Navy and Marine
- The Navy is the body of warship consisting of their officers and enlisted personnel, yard, equipment, etc constituting the sea power of the nation. On the other hand, the marine is one of a class of naval troops serving both on shipboard and on land.
- The Navy is a special operation of force on sea. As against, the Marine is amphibious and expeditionary.
- The navy is a part of the department of defense of any country and the Marine is a part of the department of the navy of any country.
- The chief objective of the Navy is: Defending territorial integrity, offshore assets, and citizen of a country. Whereas, The objective of the Marine is: Defending the national interest of a nation.
- The maritime special operation, counter-terrorism, counter-drug operation, etc. are some of the roles of the Navy. Ground and amphibious forces are the general roles of the Marine.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️