Both Nike and Under Armour sell premium products in the apparel industry. Activewear is an emerging trend among the youth and adults.
- Nike Dri-FIT is a moisture-wicking fabric technology designed to keep athletes dry and comfortable, while Under Armour is a brand that offers various performance apparel, including moisture-wicking fabrics.
- Nike Dri-FIT focuses on evaporating sweat quickly, whereas Under Armour products may have additional features such as compression, odor control, or temperature regulation.
- Nike Dri-FIT and Under Armour aim to enhance athletic performance and comfort through innovative fabric technologies.
Nike Dri Fit vs Under Armour
Nike Dri Fit was introduced in 1991, and the fabric is made up of polyester to give athletes a cool feeling after a workout. It is created with antibacterial technology to keep odour and sweat at bay. Underarmor was launched in 1996 and is made from the toughest fabrics for its ‘stay dry’ t-shirts. It is a quality brand that offers athletes comfort and high performance for rigorous workouts.
Even after a heavy sweat, Nike Dri Fit ensures them to be lightweight and odor-free. They have an antibacterial technology that keeps the odour at bay.
They have been embracing the market for 25 years now. They are 14k teammates strong. Urban Armour has 41 offices located throughout the globe.
|Parameters of Comparison||Nike Dri Fit||Under Armour|
|Launched||Nike introduced its dry fit technology in 1991.||UA was launched in 1996.|
|Fabric||Nike Dri Fit is made up of innovative polyester fabric.||Urban Armour uses the toughest fabrics in its ‘Stay Dry’ t-shirts.|
|Sizes||Varies from XS to 4XL (XS S M L XL 2XL 3XL 4XL)||Varies from XL to 5XL(XS S M L XL 2XL 3XL 4XL 5XL)|
|Design||Nike is higher on the scale when it comes to uniqueness.||Under Armour have comfortable basic varieties.|
|Revenue stats||Nike showed a growth rate of 2.5% every three months. (JIGNASA International journal of commerce and management – July 2017)||There is a 20% growth in Under Armour’s revenue every three months. (JIGNASA International journal of commerce and management – July 2017)|
What is Nike Dri Fit?
Nike aired their new line of clothing, Nike-Dri-Fit, in 1991. The name justifies their purpose.
Microfibre polyester is the main ingredient that gives fragrance to this innovative technology.
Initially, Nike was born in 1964 (Blue Ribbon Sports) under the ownership of Bill Bowerman.
In any situation, it evaporates the sweat, snatching it away from your skin ( the sweat spreads throughout the surface area, accelerating the cooling process).
What is Under Armour?
Kevin Plank sculpted Under Armour through his imagination. He felt the need for a sheltered T-shirt. When we play, our attire is home to us.
They cover all ranges of products as listed:
- Athletic shoes
- Masks (Recently they came up with the UA sports mask, which has the same technology)
Reviews depict their top-notch functionality and quality. They have sold their products in 100-plus countries.
Main Differences Between Nike Dri Fit and Under Armour
- Nike Dri fit is pretty expensive as compared to Urban Armour. Under Armour provides a budget-friendly range.
- Nike Dri Fit has a wide range of varieties innovative touches in their products. This aces their t-shirt game. Under Armour provides a basic range of products, they prefer to keep it simple, let’s say.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Chara Yadav holds MBA in Finance. Her goal is to simplify finance-related topics. She has worked in finance for about 25 years. She has held multiple finance and banking classes for business schools and communities. Read more at her bio page.