Oceanfront and ocean view rooms are different standard and suite rooms provided by hotels and resorts spaced along the beach or somewhere near the beach or ocean shore.
Such rooms provide a great view for vacationers and businesses to meet individuals of the ocean. In most cases, such resorts and hotels are always located a walkable distance from the water.
- Oceanfront properties are directly adjacent to the ocean, while ocean view properties have a visual connection to the ocean but are not necessarily adjacent.
- Oceanfront properties command higher prices due to their prime location and unobstructed views.
- Ocean view properties may offer varying levels of ocean visibility, depending on distance, elevation, and obstructions.
Oceanfront vs Ocean View
Oceanfront refers to a property that is located directly on the beach or immediately adjacent to it so that it has direct access to the ocean. Ocean view refers to a property that has a view of the ocean but may not necessarily be located directly on the beach but still within sight of the ocean.
Oceanfront rooms give a direct definition in the names themselves. Right in front of the water body. Be it ocean, sea, or tributaries.
It gives an added advantage to the clients who come in for a relaxing seaside vacation with the waves humming or to feel the salty humidity of the air even within the rooms.
Oceanview rooms are seen more as a strategic business idea by resorts and hotel places to increase their customer flow with the title of an ocean view room.
Not always would the room provide a front view of the ocean giving multiple complaints to such resorts. But this needn’t always be the case.
Because there are resorts that do provide actual ocean-view rooms to the guests.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Expensive or Not
|Tend to be more expensive than the standard room
|The regular rate in comparison
|The Beach View
|A sure factor
|Access to beach
|Should be at a walking distance
|Not always at a walking distance
|Possibility to Hear the Waves
|Would First Floor Be a Great Option
|Better to prefer an upper floor
What is Oceanfront?
Oceanfront is a self-defining room type provided by resorts and hotels that are found in beachy holiday destinations.
These types of rooms offer the best view to guests of the beach if one has the intention to have the perfect beach holiday.
Most oceanfront hotel destinations mean to provide a completely clear view to their guests, having no obstruction to the view.
The main objective of oceanfront rooms is to provide the guest with the best sea experience leaving no options left for complaints.
The better the view of the clear sea, the more expensive the price tends to be, as it is difficult to get properties close enough to the ocean.
Such difficulties prompt the owners to hike up the property price at the time of purchase.
This might even include competitions from other oceanfront resorts located along the same line.
The competition might be scarce as there can’t be many rooms of the same type in a given resort.
With the prices being high per room Or suite, guests tend to prefer non-oceanfront rooms and still be within walking distance from the sea.
Another great advantage of opting for an oceanfront room is the viability of the sea.
It would be as close as possible, enough for a calm and relaxing walk to enjoy the possibility of a sunset along with the natural sea breeze.
The possibility of sleeping with clear waves sound in the background increases with the oceanfront rooms.
What is Ocean View?
Oceanview rooms live up to the name only on a few occasions.
Depending on the hotel or resort the guest’s book, the name’s authenticity can be figured out.
The ocean view may not always be as the name suggests. The ocean view room name might also be a strategic bait for guests.
The view path from the ocean to the room could have many obstructive obstacles.
They might have a single window which might have a slight view of the sea or ocean, covering up the management’s justification of the room name.
But this may not always be the case. There are rooms sold under the ocean view names that do have a brilliant water view.
They are not as expensive as other oceanic side resort rooms owing to its not so trustworthy credibility.
Also, the room rent might decrease as the distance from the ocean increases.
The ocean might not just be a walking distance away as oceans could be viewed even from about 2-4 km away from the ocean if the rooms are on a higher floor.
Such rooms wouldn’t be available on the first floor unless and until the resort is on the beach shore.
The rooms may not be the best to gain a great beach experience that includes all the beachy elements of sound, smell, and feel.
It might be better to check with the hotel before booking to ensure there are no discrepancies with the room view.
If a guest finds the room not to their liking, they can always change it.
Main Differences Between Oceanfront and Ocean View
- Oceanfront rooms offer the best possible view of what the guest expects when they arrive at the resort, a perfect view of the beach right in front of them, whereas ocean-view rooms might not always offer the best possible view of the beachfront.
- Oceanfront rooms tend to be way more expensive than most other rooms, be it standard type or suite rooms, while ocean view rooms aren’t as expensive.
- In ocean view rooms, the water might not always be the first thing you see when looking outside, while it’s the exact opposite of an oceanfront.
- While it wouldn’t be wise to choose a room on the ground floor or rooms on the first two floors of the hotel considering an ocean view room, such problems don’t arise with oceanfront rooms.
- At most times, oceanfront rooms are in hotels that are at the closest and walking distance from the beach, while ocean view rooms are in resorts or hotels that could be at a further-off place from the water area.
Last Updated : 19 June, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.