The pen is a common instrument especially used for writing purposes or for drawing anything the paper. Earlier, cells were thick and heavy because of the metal material used for manufacturing pens.
The popular pens were fountain pens and ink pens, but later, these pens became thin and are now made up of plastic bodies.
Pelikan and Montblanc are the names of the pen manufacturing companies, and they produce pens worldwide. These are ancient companies and are also popular in selling other writing kinds like paper, scales, erasers, and other office-related equipment.
- Pelikan and Montblanc are both prestigious manufacturers of luxury writing instruments, but Montblanc is generally considered more upscale and exclusive.
- Pelikan is known for its piston-filling fountain pens and innovative ink flow technology, while Montblanc is renowned for its iconic Meisterstück series and distinctive designs.
- Pelikan pens are more affordable than Montblanc pens, making them more accessible to a wider range of consumers.
Pelikan vs Montblanc
Pelikan is a German luxury pen brand known for its Pelikan fountain pens, which feature a piston-filling mechanism for easy and efficient ink refills. Montblanc, which is also a German luxury brand, produces cells known for their classic and elegant look and also for their higher price.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Pelikan is a German company expert in manufacturing products related to writing pieces. This company was founded in 1838, and now, they generate a variety of products related to art and craft also.
They also have a website with the help of which they connect to people from other countries too. Montblanc Company is also a German company and was founded in 1906.
This company sold not only writing materials but also fashion materials like watches and jewellery. Montblanc is categorized as the luxury goods part of the industry,; globally, it has 638 boutiques.
|Parameters of Comparison||Pelikan||Montblanc|
|Foundation date and Industry relation||This company was founded 183 years ago in Hanover and was started as a writing material company.||This company was founded 115 years ago in Hamburg and was started as a luxury goods company.|
|Products manufactured||This company manufactures products like instruments related to writing, painting, drawing, etc.||The products generated by this company are cost-effective in every aspect, and the range of the products they offer at this cost is of standard quality.|
|Cost-effective||The products generated by this company are not very cost-effective, and the range of the products they offer at this cost is of average quality.||The quality of the products is not much good, and, the durability is less as compared to Pelikan products.|
|Quality||The quality of the products is up to the mark and sturdy or durable.||Pelikan is a user-serviceable company and makes products with easily changeable parts like changeable nibs, pen caps, refill, etc.|
|User serviceable||This company is not user-serviceable and changing parts of the products is difficult as they don’t sell them, therefore, you need to buy a new product.||This company is not user-serviceable and changing parts of the products is difficult as they don’t sell them. Therefore, you need to buy a new product.|
What is Pelikan?
Pelikan company has gained good business growth since the internet service started worldwide, and has also launched its brands named Herlitz, Geha, and Susy card.
This company shares its ownership, which means it is traded via the stock market.
It is a pure stationery company and was created by Carl Hornemann, who was a chemist back then and accidentally came in contact with an ink factory.
Pelikan’s trademark was the first-ever trademark used for any company in Germany, which was a Pelikan, a large water bird.
Pelikan has a wide range of products categorized from school range to office range and, it includes products like carbon papers, rubber stamps, watercolors, ink erasers, fount pens, and many more items.
All the products are built using high-quality materials and, some of their products also come with warranty cards.
What is Montblanc?
Earlier, Montblanc was known by the name ‘Simplo Filler Pen’ company and, the parent company of Montblanc is Richemont, based in Switzerland.
The current CEO of this company is Nicolas Baretzki, and it is categorized under the subsidiary company type because it has a parent company.
Montblanc offers a wide range of products, including eyewear, fragrances, leather goods, and stationary-related stuff. This company is more into design and decoration,whic, so they charge a lot compared to Pelikan.
The trademark of the company includes its name written in Snowcap font. Montblanc pens and other products have unique designs on the upper and lower bodies, which marks their difference from fake or artificial products.
And this method makes Montblanc pens different from other simple pens available in the market.
Main Differences Between Pelikan and Montblanc
- Pelikan was established 183 years ago in Hanover and was initially a writing material company. On the other hand, the Montblanc company was established 115 years ago in Hamburg and was started as a luxury goods company.
- The products made by the company Montblanc did not come in an affordable range. At the same time, the products made by Pelikan are cost-effective in every aspect.
- Montblanc company is not user-serviceable and changing parts of the products is difficult. Pelikan is a user-serviceable company that makes products with easily changeable parts.
- The standards of the products of Montblanc are not much good, and the durability is less. In comparison, the quality of the products of Pelikan is up to the mark and sturdy.
- Pelikan company builds products or instruments related to writing, painting, drawing, etc. In contrast, Montblanc company builds products like decorative items, jewelry, purses, and stationery items.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Emma Smith holds an MA degree in English from Irvine Valley College. She has been a Journalist since 2002, writing articles on the English language, Sports, and Law. Read more about me on her bio page.