Samsung, which we all are well aware of, is a pretty huge company and is something that can produce any product, and people will buy it.
Do you ever wonder why? This is because of the amount of trust that it has built-in its people, plus it’s not only about the trust.
Well, it is also about the services it offers and the amount of satisfaction its products deliver. Samsung has been one of the leading electronic brands for quite a long and people know it’s worth it very well.
Recently Samsung launched a state drive and one of its SSD.
- Samsung T5 is an external SSD, while the 870 EVO is an internal SSD designed for desktop and laptop use.
- The 870 EVO boasts faster read and write speeds compared to the T5.
- SSDs offer high storage capacities, but the 870 EVO provides larger options, up to 4TB.
Samsung T5 vs 870 EVO
Samsung t5 is a portable solid state drive (SSD) that can support Windows OS and Mac OS x. It can transfer files in 540 MBs per second. Samsung 870 evo is a best-selling solid state drive (SSD) that can transfer files in 550 MB per second. It can support Windows OS, Mac OS x and Linux.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
The newly launched portable SSD T5 is there to give its users simple and quite efficient access to all the data that it can get through, even if it is quite complicated.
This is to serve the users to complete the task quickly and get moving on to another. This enables users to have entertainment along with work. With this, you can take your documents and go wherever you want.
The world’s best-selling SSD series has launched its newest edition, which is 870 EVO. This series of Samsung is specifically designed to make the performance of the mainstream PC and laptops more efficient.
This fast SSD has the latest V-NAND technology and comes in a wide range of compatible forms and capacities.
|Parameters of Comparison||Samsung T5||Samsung 870 EVO|
|What are they||Samsung T5 is a portable SSD and is one of its newly launched technologies.||Samsung 870 EVO is also its SSD series and is one of its best-selling ones.|
|Compatibility||Samsung T5 has the OS capability of windows and Mac OS X.||870 EVO has the OS capability of windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.|
|Data protection||The Samsung T5 has a data protection level of secure encryption.||The Samsung 870 EVO has a data protection level of biometrics security.|
|Extras||The Samsung T5 comes with extras of the Samsung V-NAND 3bit MLC Samsung MJX controller.||The Samsung 870 EVO comes with extras of ready anytime, anywhere, metal minimalism, compact, and light.|
|Software used||The software used in Samsung T5 is management SW.||The software used in Samsung 870 EVO is Samsung portable SSD software.|
What is Samsung T5?
Samsung T5 is a portable SSD that originated in China. It comes in a wide range of capacities of 250 GB, 500 GB, 1 TB, and 2 TB.
The maximum transfer speed of this SSD T5 is so fast that you would not even notice when it gets transferred so quickly. It’s 540 MBs per second.
In some of the reviews from its users, the Samsung T5 received that it is built very well and about the size people said that it is perfect for putting it in your pocket or carrying in your laptop bag. Another review said that the transfer speed is just so quick, well now we can say that it is now known for its transfer speed the best.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||SAMSUNG T5 Portable SSD 1TB - Up to 540MB/s - USB 3.1 External Solid State Drive, Black...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||SAMSUNG T5 1Tb Portable Solid State Drive (Black)||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Samsung 870 EVO?
Samsung 870 EVO is one of Samsung’s best-selling SSD series that is made in Korea. It has a maximum transfer speed of about 550 MB/sec.
Well, all the programs in this newest Samsung EVO and the downloads are now increased to about 80% of their capacity, and users love it.
Some of the reviews from its users said that it’s way faster than they ever expected, and they loved it. The design of this model is so slim and so convenient to set up.
Some even said that they installed it within a snap, and it couldn’t get better or faster. Samsung SSDs are the ones with the greatest compatibility.
People who have already been using it say that they highly recommend it to others, their fellow mates, and everyone in need of SSD, as this one is the best and perfect match for them.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||SAMSUNG 870 EVO SATA III SSD 1TB 2.5” Internal Solid State Drive, Upgrade PC or Laptop Memory and...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Samsung 870 EVO 500GB SATA 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-77E500)||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Samsung T5 and 870 EVO
- The main difference between Samsung T5 and Samsung 870 EVO is the popularity and demand of both SSDs Samsung T5 is a portable SSD and is one of its newly launched technologies while Samsung 870 EVO wins here as it is also its SSD series and is one of its best-selling one.
- The OS compatibility is another main difference between the two as compatibility decides which one is more reliable. Samsung T5 has the OS capability of windows and Mac OS X, while the 870 EVO has the OS capability of windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Data protection is one of the major aspects that people see while choosing SSD the Samsung T5 has the data protection level of secure encryption, but the Samsung 870 EVO has the data protection level of biometrics security.
- The Samsung T5 comes with extras of Samsung V-NAND 3bit MLC and Samsung MJX controller, whereas the Samsung 870 EVO comes with extras of ready anytime, anywhere, metal minimalism, compact and light.
- The software used in Samsung T5 is management SW while 870 EVO uses its own software only, which is Samsung portable SSD software.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.