Whenever we buy a desktop, we need a proper hard disk drive to store all our files. Sometimes we might work on large projects, and we need a proper hard disk drive to store our devices.
There are hard disk drives available, and some of the popular hard disk drives in the market are Seagate Barracuda. The other hard disk drive is WD Blue.
- Seagate Barracuda hard drives prioritize performance and capacity, while WD Blue hard drives focus on reliability and affordability.
- Seagate Barracuda offers higher capacities and faster speeds, whereas WD Blue provides a more balanced approach to storage and pricing.
- Seagate Barracuda may generate more heat and noise, while WD Blue drives are known for their cooler and quieter operation.
Seagate Barracuda vs WD Blue
The difference between Seagate Barracuda and WD Blue is that Seagate Barracuda will be very less noisy, but on the WD Blue, the noise will be very higher, and it might irritate you sometimes. Seagate barracuda uses the latest features and technologies, but WD Blue has limited its features and technologies.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Seagate Barracuda is one of the hard disk drives that are used by many IT professionals. When we take care of proper maintenance, then it will help us for many years.
If you find any issues while working on Seagate Barracuda, you can always contact the customer care center, and they will help you in solving those troubleshooting issues.
WD Blue is used as a hard disk drive by many professionals and gaming workers. It is one of the cheapest hard disk drives that are available in the market.
But the issues are common in these hard disk drives as it contains some disadvantages and people should check its features and type before investing their money in buying WD Blue hard disk drives.
|Parameters of Comparison||Seagate Barracuda||WD Blue|
|Cache memory space used||256 MB||64 MB|
|Motherboard selection||You don’t have to worry.||You have to select.|
What is Seagate Barracuda?
Seagate Barracuda is one of the hard disk drives that are currently in usage. It is considered good because of the features that it contains on the hard drive. It has high speed when compared with other hard drives in the market.
Even if it is the best one than the hard drive that is available in the Samsung. It contains more space, so many people are suggesting buying this than other hard drives.
Whatever work we do, we need speed and more storage to store all our files on that hard drive. This is very much understood by IT and computer science professionals.
Because their main work lies here and they have to choose products which are high in speed. Its performance is also compared with the SSD, and it is found out that both of them are working at the same speed.
Seagate Barracuda is very useful for storing gaming-related files. Even you can store your media files and other related things, along with your gaming-related files. But if you use it continuously, it can even fail s well.
Proper maintenance is required to store the contents. If you take good care of it, you can use it for five years, but that depends on how you take care of it. Some people might feel difficulty in using it for just 3 years.
What is WD Blue?
WD Blue is a hard disk drive that is built especially for desktops. It is suitable for those who are working as professionals and for people who are involved in gaming.
These people always require high speed, and they require something that will help them in their work along with speed. When we compare the rate with other hard disk drives, then this one will be somewhat cheaper.
But when you use this, you should have a tolerance policy towards other sounds. Because the sound from this will sometimes be very noisy as well. This will be an issue so that you won’t be able to concentrate on your work.
Before you buy this hard disk, check with the company and see whether it meets all your requirements, and then decide on buying this hard drive so that you won’t feel any discrepancies.
Many types are available under WD. That contains many different types of hard drives. Before buying them, you can check every type and find the one that is convenient for your use.
Not everyone will work on the same project. Others have different work, and we can buy a hard disk drive according to that.
Main Differences Between Seagate Barracuda and WD Blue
- Seagate Barracuda comes with a cache memory of 256 MB. But the WD Blue comes with a cache memory of 64 MB.
- Seagate Barracuda comes in different sizes, so you don’t have to worry about your motherboard when you buy them. But WD Blue does not come in different sizes, so you have to check your motherboard before you buy them.
- Seagate Barracuda uses many advanced technologies and features. But WD Blue uses only limited features and technologies.
- The rate of the Seagate barracuda will be somewhat higher because of the services they provide. But the rate of WD Blue will be somewhat lower when compared with Seagate Barracuda.
- Seagate Barracuda will not let you recover your data in a fast manner. But WD Blue will let you recover your data in a fast manner.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.