When it comes to recreational activities, it describes all those activities which are chosen by people to simply refresh their minds and bodies. Through this their leisure time become more enjoyable and interesting. There is a range of recreational activities like hiking, rafting, swimming, camping, canoeing, etc.
All these activities require some kinds of products to carry like a synthetic shirt while rafting, a tent while camping, navigation tools while hiking, etc. But the fishing rod and bicycle component manufacturing companies are highlighted below. In this article, the chief aim is on differentiating Shakespeare Fishing and Microshift.
Shakespeare Fishing and Microshift
The main difference between Shakespeare Fishing and Microshift is their products. Reels, tackle, fishing rods, and accessories are generally offered by Shakespeare Fishing. On the flip side, Microshift usually manufacturers rear derailleurs like a mountain, shifters like drop bar, cassettes like 10-speed, and front derailleurs like the road.
Shakespeare Fishing has been the leader in affordability and quality since 1897. The inspiration of this company comes from several years of experience and passion. From catching More Fish Kits to Ugly Stik, it gives the best in licensed kid’s class line. Among subsidiaries of Pure Fishing, the Shakespeare Fishing company manufacture fishing components.
By a small group of seasonal bicycle industry veterans, the Microshift was founded. The cutting-edge technology is used by the factory to ensure precise and consistent production, GT, Cannondale, BT win, etc. are some of the bicycle brands that use Microshift’s components. From every part of the world, it also sponsors UCI continental racing teams.
Comparison Table Between Shakespeare Fishing and Microshift
|Parameters of Comparison||Shakespeare Fishing||Microshift|
|Founded||In 1897||In 1999|
|Headquarter||Columbia, South Carolina, U.S||Taiwan|
|Product manufacture||As it is a subsidiary of pure fishing it manufacturers at various places like Spirit Lake, Columbia, Kansas City, Philadelphia, etc.||In both Taiwan and mainland China|
|Examples||Shakespeare Wild Cat 7, Shakespeare Challenge Xt pole, and Shakespeare Wild Series Trolling Combo||Microshift Twist Ms29 Right Shifter 8s, Microshift Bar End Shifter 10 speed Alloy, and Microshift Arsis Cs G110 Cassette|
What is Shakespeare Fishing?
In 1897, the company was founded by William Shakespeare, Jr in Michigan. Further, in 1970, it was moved to Columbia, South Carolina. Its rods are usually toward the price range’s lower end but offer decent performance. They will not be sensitive in comparison to expensive ones.
Shakespeare Fishing has innovative designs that help to catch the most finicking of fish. Their selection is also endless to satisfy any angler with something for everyone and with whatever type of rod they need. They specialize in baitcasting, fly fishing tackle, spinning, and more.
The line of Ugly Stik is mainly noted for its durability. If someone is the sort of person who fails to take great care of gear and also tends to bang it around then these line rods are ideal. For people just beginning, they are a decent starting rod.
Shakespeare Fishing rods are also known for greater sensitivity, graphite composite shafts resist tangles, ultra-light tips, and increased strength to reduce breakage or bending. Some of its top collection consists of Shakespeare Ugly Stik USSP602M30CB, Ugly Stik GX2 Spinning Rod, Shakespeare USYTHSP30CBO Youth, etc.
What is Microshift?
At Microshift, manufacturing and engineering teams put together with drivetrain experience’s decades. By pairing their expertise with patented technologies and state-of-the-art design. Microshift can deliver components of increased consistent that in real-world conditions can be trusted.
Microshift never holds back innovative features from products based on whether level or price. They strive to pack in everything they make as many features as possible. Whether a product is at the low end or high end of the line they deliver performance and quality to the highest possible standard.
The engineers off Microshift are busy leveling up their expertise in the drivetrain. Since 1999, they have been importing material science, drivetrain designs, and manufacturing. With an array of specialized facilities and machinery, the drivetrain manufacturing team makes quality control more consistent.
According to groups, Microshift groups can be divided into acolyte, adventx, and advent. International distributors of Microshift are North America (US, Canada, Mexico), Asia (Israel, Japan, Taiwan, Philippines), South America (Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Argentina), Pacific (Australia, New Zealand), and Europe.
Main Differences Between Shakespeare Fishing and Microshift
- To the original purchaser, Shakespeare Fishing warrants its rods are free from defects in workmanship or materials for a period of approx. one year from the purchase date. Meanwhile, from the original date of purchase Microshift warranties all its product in workmanship and material to be free from defect for four years.
- When it comes to age limits, there is no such age limit in Shakespeare Fishing because it is made for all levels of experience and the whole family. On contrary, a person should be 18+ to fix the Microshift components on a bicycle, but the bicycle can be used by even five years old kid.
- In terms of product features, they vary from one product to another, but the thing common in each Shakespeare Fishing product is light action rod, lightweight graphite composite, full cork handles, etc. On the flip side, reduced maintenance and improved durability are two of the common feature of Microshift products.
- The target audience for Shakespeare Fishing is mainly those who want to do fishing with easy rods and not with complex ones. So, who just for fun do fishing its products are perfect. Meanwhile, Microshift’s audience is those who love adventure, especially bicycles on roads and mountains.
- Shakespeare Fishing generally offers reels, tackle, fishing rods, and accessories. On the other hand, Microshift usually manufacturers cassettes like 10-speed, rear derailleurs like a mountain, shifters like drop bar, and front derailleurs like the road.
It can be concluded that Shakespeare Fishing focuses on fishing rod manufacturing. On contrary, bicycle components are the main focus to manufacture in Microshift. The products offered by Shakespeare Fishing are Shakespeare Wild Cat 7 and Shakespeare Challenge Xt pole, etc. In contrast, Microshift Twist Ms29 Right Shifter 8s, Microshift Bar End Shifter 10 speed Alloy are two of the products instances of Microshift.
The origin of Shakespeare Fishing can be traced to 1897 and was founded in Kalamazoo, Michigan, US. On the other hand, the origin of the Microshift can be traced to 1999. Shakespeare Fishing is a subsidiary of pure fishing, and that’s why it manufacturers at various places like Spirit Lake, Columbia, Kansas City, Philadelphia, etc. Meanwhile, in both Taiwan and mainland China the products of Microshift are manufactured.