Shoes have a long history backing them. It was in 1500 BC when Egyptians invented the first shoe. Since then, shoes have been widely made and used. From 1800, men and women began to have different types of shoes. In recent years, the footwear industry has grown multiple times.
There are different kinds of shoes. Men have loafers, moccasins, sneakers, derbies, boots, etc. Women wear gladiators, sneakers, stilettos, wedges, etc. Apart from these types, there are shoes made specifically for some purpose or special use. One such type is Tennis Shoes.
Sneakers vs Tennis Shoes
The difference between sneakers and tennis shoes is that sneakers are general and casual purpose shoes meant for walking, running, etc, they provide great comfort and can be bought from any general shoe store while tennis shoes are especially designed for playing tennis, to provide the necessary support during the matches.
Sneakers are shoes made for casual wear, they are made to provide comfort to the foot. On the other hand, are tennis shoes, that are designed for playing tennis. Tennis shoes are made according to the courts of tennis games.
Comparison Table Between Sneakers and Tennis Shoes
|Parameter of Comparison||Sneakers||Tennis Shoes|
|Purpose||Sneakers are the shoes that are designed for casual wear or any nonspecific wear.||Tennis Shoes are designed especially for the use on the tennis courts, to provide the necessary support and comfort while playing tennis.|
|The material used in making||Sneakers are made up of materials like canvas, rubber, etc.||Tennis Shoes are especially made up of shock-absorbent material so that they can take the shock during the game.|
|Lateral support||Sneakers do not have any lateral support because they are made just for general use.||Tennis Shoes are designed with lateral support so that it can support quick moments on the court.|
|Cushioning and scuffing||Sneakers are provided with more cushioning and padding to provide comfort while walking and running.||Tennis Shoes have lesser cushioning than that in sneakers, the emphasis here is given to support so that one does not get hurt while playing.|
|Availability||One can get sneakers in any shoe store.||Tennis Shoes are generally available in athletic shoe stores.|
What are Sneakers?
Sneakers are a kind of shoes that are not designed for some specific purpose. They are comfortable to wear for regular purposes or casual wear. Sneakers are available in the market in a wide variety of designs and colors.
Sneakers are made from materials like canvas and denim and the soles are made from rubber. Being casual purpose shoes, they do not provide lateral support. Sneakers are made with more cushioning to provide comfort. However, sneakers are not sports specific so they are not provided with many features.
On the whole, sneakers may refer to all types of shoes whether they are sports specific or not, they can be sneakers, cross trainers, running shoes or any sports specific shoes. Sneakers were given such a name because they make a squeaky sound from the soles. They can be found in any shoe store, therefore, they are easier to find.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|adidas Women's Cloud foam Pure Running Shoe, White/White/Black, 8.5 US||Check Price on Amazon|
|New Balance Women's FuelCore Nergize V1 Sneaker, Black/Magnet, 8.5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Under Armour mens Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe Black (003)/Black 9.5||Check Price on Amazon|
What are Tennis Shoes?
Tennis shoes are the kind of shoes made for playing tennis, they are designed keeping in mind the type of court tennis is to be played on. Tennis shoes focus mainly on providing support to the player during the game so that they don’t get hurt. Tennis shoes can be bought only at an athletic shoe store; therefore, they are difficult to find.
Tennis shoes are made from the materials that are shock absorbent so that they can take the jerks during the game. Tennis shoes provide great lateral support in the quick moments during the game. Tennis shoes are made with less cushioning and padding.
Tennis shoes are made such that one can be comfortable during the match. They are slimmer than normal shoes so that they can protect the ankles of the player. Also, the sole of the tennis shoes is slimmer than those of sneakers. Tennis shoes are also heavier due to their padding and they are less flexible.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|New Balance Men's 608 V5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer, White/Navy, 9.5 M US||Check Price on Amazon|
|ASICS Men's Gel-Venture 7 Running Shoes, 11, Black/Sheet Rock||Check Price on Amazon|
|Skechers mens Afterburn M. Fit fashion sneakers, Black, 13 X-Wide US||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Sneakers and Tennis Shoes
- Sneakers are shoes designed for casual purposes like walking, running, etc while tennis shoes are designed especially for the use on the tennis courts during the game.
- Sneakers are mostly made keeping in mind the design and the latest trends while tennis shoes are designed keeping in mind the various types of courts for tennis games.
- Sneakers are made up of normal materials like canvas, denim, etc while tennis shoes are made especially from the shock absorbent material so that it can absorb the shocks during the game.
- Sneakers do not provide any lateral support since they are used for normal purposes while tennis shoes provide lateral support during the quick moments of the tennis game.
- Sneakers are provided with more cushioning and padding to provide the necessary support during walking and running while tennis shoes do not have more cushioning.
- Sneakers focus on providing comfort rather than support while tennis shoes focus on support rather than comfort.
- Sneakers are not as flexible as tennis shoes.
- Tennis Shoes are heavier than sneakers due to their support and padding.
- Sneakers can be brought from any shoe store while tennis shoes are available only at the athletics shoe store.
- All tennis shoes are sneakers while all sneakers are not tennis shoes.
- Sneakers are available in all ranges while tennis shoes are costlier as compared to them.
Shoes are made to provide comfort and support either for general purposes or for specific purposes. Sneakers are general purpose shoes meant for walking and running, on the other hand, tennis shoes are meant to be worn during tennis matches. Sneakers provide more comfort and cushioning, on the other hand, tennis shoes provide more support. Both shoes serve their purposes greatly.
Last update on 2021-12-05 / Amazon Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API