The hottest selling modes of transport are pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles, and the owners of these modes are uncountable.
When it comes to midsize sedans, they are also quite popular choices among most people. They are smaller than full-size cars but larger than compact cars.
Toyota Camry and Nissan Altima are two midsize sedans with distinctive roomy interiors, styling, choice of powertrains as well tech features.
They both try to offer sleek style. But the comparison does not end here, and there are many other distinctive.
- Toyota Camry is known for its reliability, build quality and resale value.
- Nissan Altima offers a sportier driving experience and better fuel economy.
- Both midsize sedans provide comfortable interiors and a range of safety features.
Toyota Camry vs Nissan Altima
Camry is a sedan car known for its comfortable ride and reliability. It also has a slightly higher starting price and better fuel economy. Altima is a sedan car often praised for its sporty handling and powerful engine options. It also has more standard safety features and a more spacious trunk.
Toyota Camry has a reputation for its excellent resale and reliability. When it comes to the V6 engine option, Toyota Camry is the only last option left with a midsize sedan.
It’s an all-new safety sense with 2.5+ system packages with pedestrian detection, and lane keeps assist, and emergency braking for forwarding collision warnings.
For midsized sedan shoppers, there is a long list of things available in the Nissan Altima. It offers a combined estimate of 31- 32 mpg EPA it boasts a range of more than 600 miles.
The 4-cylinder engine of the 2.5-liter base is rated at the horsepower of 180 lb-ft.
|Parameters of Comparison||Toyota Camry||Nissan Altima|
|Transmission||8-speed automatic||Continuously variable automatic (CVT)|
|Horsepower||203 hp @6000 rpm||188 hp @6000 rpm|
|Torque||184 lb-ft @5000 rpm||180 lb-ft @3600 rpm|
|Curb weight||3,241 lbs||3,208 lbs|
|Trunk volume||14.1 ft³||15.4 ft³|
What is Toyota Camry?
Toyota Camry is perfect for every need related to the modern midsize sedan. The hybrid petrol powertrain is 2.5 liter with paired an electric motor of 88 kWh.
They both produce a combined power of 215 bhp output as well as a torque of 221 Nm. With the CVT, automatic transmission power is sent to its front wheels.
In terms of exterior design, it has a set of LED taillights, boomerang-shaped LED DRLs, and three integrated sleek LED headlamps at the rear.
It features a new grille and a multi-spoke alloy with 17-inch. When it comes to wheels, Toyota Camry has 16” X 6.5” as its front and rear wheel sizes.
Toyota Camry interiors are adorned with wireless charging, three-zone climate control, an infotainment system with an eight-inch touch screen, and an all-black cabin.
It also features ambient lighting, cruise control, and a nine-speaker music system with a source of JBL.
When it comes to seating capacity, it supports 5 occupants.
It rivals Audi A4, Jaguar xe, and the Skoda super full storm it is available in many standard exterior colors such as silver metallic, super white, and midnight black metallic.
What is Nissan Altima?
The Nissan Altima gives spacious seating for five, making it a comfortable cruiser.
But in mid-size car rankings, it largely lands in the lower half due to its cabin quality and driving management compared to many rivals.
It has roomy and comfortable seats but has less aesthetic than some others.
A four-cylinder engine of 2.5-liter powers the Nissan Altima. Its front-wheel models make its 188 horsepower, and 182 horsepower in models with all-wheel drive.
With a variable automatic transmission, it’s both engines are mated. The CVT is responsible as well as pairs well with each engine.
It has a minimal body lean and maintains a stable ride while driving over bumpy roads and cornering. All-wheel drive is optional, whereas front-wheel drive is standard.
Nissan Altima offers an EP estimated 39 mpg on the highway and 28 mpg in the city.
In terms of Nissan Altima’s safety features, it offers forward collision warnings, automatic high beam headlights, and driver drowsiness monitoring.
When it comes to standard infotainment features, it provides two USB ports, satellite radio, a 7-inch touch screen, and video recognition.
Main Differences Between Toyota Camry and Nissan Altima
- The exterior dimensions of the Toyota Camry are 192.1 in (length), 56.9 in (height), and 72.4 in (max-width), while 192.9 in (length), 56.7 in (height), and 72.9 in (max-width) are the exterior dimensions of Nissan Altima.
- In terms of fuel economy, Toyota Camry has 29 MPG (city) and 41 MPG (Hwy). On the other hand, in Nissan Altima, it is 28 MPG (city) and 39 MPG (Hwy).
- The standard interior material of the Toyota Camry is ash fabric seat trim. On the flip side, charcoal, cloth seat trim, and light gray cloth seat trim are the standard interior materials of the Nissan Altima.
- The standard exterior colors of the Toyota Camry are available in celestial silver metallic, midnight black metallic, super white, and many more, whereas Nissan Altima is available in deep blue pearl, gun metallic and glacier white, etc.
- When it comes to wheels, Toyota Camry has 16” X 6.5” as its front and rear wheel sizes. But Nissan Altima has steel wheels with 16” X 7” as its front and rear wheel sizes.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.