In today’s world, there is a range of automobile manufacturer companies like Volkswagen Group, Toyota Motor Corporation, General Motors, and many more. When comes to Ford, it is also an automobile manufacturing company founded by Henry Ford. It is known for launching the mass sale and production of affordable automotive to the public.
Ford services a full line of utility vehicles, Lincoln luxury vehicles, cars as well as Ford trucks. In terms of pickup trucks, it is a light-duty truck that has an open cargo area with a low tailgate and sides and an enclosed cabin. In this article, two of the Ford pickup truck models are highlighted, namely XLT and XLS.
XLT vs XLS
The main difference between XLT and XLS is that the XLT comes with a length of 214.4 in, height as 72.9 in, 77.8 in as its width, and a wheelbase of 126.7 in. On the other hand, the dimensions offered by XLS come with a length of 211.0 in, height as 71.5 in, 72.8 in as its width, and a wheelbase of 126.8 in.
The XLT has a dated and rather cheap-looking interior and on standard features, it is pretty stingy. The XLT’s turbocharged engine allows good fuel economy and swift acceleration. It imparts the truck with impressive towing and hauling capability. It has a reasonably comfortable ride and maneuvers well. In its spacious Super Crew configuration, XLT is also quite family-friendly.
The XLS comes with alloy wheels of 16 inches, clothe seat with trim, manual air conditioning, and carpet flooring. As standard, there is a media screen of 4.2 inches with audio streaming and Bluetooth phone, and USB connectivity. Especially, the safety gear of XLS raises the spec of Ranger up.
Comparison Table Between XLT and XLS
|Parameters of Comparison||XLT||XLS|
|Launched||May 19, 2021||February 17, 2021|
|Stands for||Extra Luxurious Truck||Executive Luxury Sport|
|Engine||5.4L V8||2.5L I4|
|Transmission||6-speed transmission||5-speed manual transmission|
|Horsepower||310 at 5100rpm||171 at 6000rpm|
What is XLT?
Regardless of the terrain, you are on, the XLT offers an incredibly comfortable ride. It has an exceptional towing capacity of 3,500 kg and decent fuel consumption. Its tech features and safety measures are excellent, with the infotainment system of SYNC3 standing out in particular.
The XLT comes equipped with the Connect Modem of Ford Pass. With the help of it, Ute can be located, unlock and lock the doors and start the engine from afar to cool or heat the cabin. The excellent Ute of XLT makes light work of any kind of challenge it faces.
The Ford Pass app in XLT has many other functionalities which improve life quality significantly as long as it possesses a telecommunications network. The XLT has rear and front mudflaps, backside steps, privacy glass, front and rear bumpers, and a tow bar.
The XLT has a wide array of security, driver resistance, and safety measures. Its notable safety measure is Autonomous Emergency Breaking which comes with pedestrian protection. In terms of long roads, the lane-keeping aid can be helpful.
What is XLS?
The XLS has a more streamlined bumper at the rear, where it sidesteps, but the protector of the back window can be used as a roof rack or ladder. On the sides, there are fill-up supports to help hold planks or ladders in place too.
In XLS there are big cup holders, in front of the gear shifter that loses item storage and decent center console bin. Also, there is one rear map pocket, and in all four doors, the door pockets with bottle holders. For additional secure storage, the rear seat base of XLS can be folded up.
The XLS as an optional Sync3 Pack fitted, which costs $1950 more. It adds the brand’s impressive media screen of 8.0-inch with inbuilt Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and sat-nav. It has color instrument screens of a dual 4.2-inch chrome grille and dual-zone climate control.
The transmission and engine mostly work well, though, at times, the engine can be noisy. At times, there is a turbo lag of bit to content, especially from a standstill. Meanwhile, the rolling response on offer is good when pushing the pedals to add speeds from 20 to 110 km/hr.
Main Differences Between XLT and XLS
- The XLT has a cruising range of approx. 420 miles, whereas the cruising range offered by XLS is 396 miles. On the roads, XLT can be used to drive more kilometers than XLS because the former has a larger fuel capacity compared to the latter.
- In terms of their interior, the XLT is more upgraded in comparison to XLS. The XLT has a cloth-trimmed, premium interior. On the contrary, XLS has a cloth-trimmed interior only. The steering wheel of XLT is covered with leather, while by urethane the steering wheel of XLS is covered.
- The role of cylinder and valve is vital because the cylinder is a chamber where power is generated and fuel is combusted. Meanwhile, the valve is responsible for letting fuel or air into the cylinders to be combusted. The XLT has 8 cylinders and 24 valves. Conversely, XLS is equipped with 4 cylinders and 16 valves.
- That XLT fetches just 13 mpg in the city and 19 mpg on the highway. On the other hand, the XLS fetches 22 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on highways respectively. Thus, XLT is less economical compared to XLS.
- When it comes to dimensions, the XLT comes with a height of 72.9 in, length as 214.4 in, and 77.8 in as its width. On the flip side, the dimensions offered by XLS come with a height of 71.5 in, length as 211.0 in, and 72.8 in as its width.
It can be concluded that both XLT and XLS are two of the models of Ford pickup trucks. The abbreviation for Extra Luxurious Truck is XLT. On the contrary, the abbreviation for Executive Luxury Sport is XLS. The transmission is vital to ensure the engine spins at the right rate without going too slow or too fast for needs.
So, the transmission offered by XLT is 6-speed transmission, while a 5-speed manual transmission is a transmission for XLS. The XLT hit the market on May 19, 2021. In contrast, on February 17, 2021, the XLS hit the market. In terms of horsepower, it determines the engine’s work potential. The horsepower offered by XLT is 310 at 5100rpm, whereas the horsepower offered by XLS is 171 at 6000rpm.