If you are into businesses or a part of a large organization, then I am sure you might come across Zendesk and Jira.
These are two of the most famous terms used by large organizations because they serve a purpose.
Zendesk and Jira are nothing software that helps issue the tracking systems. Now, these two have similar functions and features, but they have their differences.
Both the software is excellent in what they serve, and both have a good customer base.
- Zendesk is a customer service software that allows managing customer interactions and support tickets, while Jira is a project management tool that focuses on tracking and managing tasks and issues.
- Zendesk offers features like ticket management, customer analytics, and live chat support, while Jira offers features like issue tracking, agile project management, and sprint planning.
- Zendesk is ideal for small and medium-sized businesses prioritizing customer support, while Jira is ideal for software development teams prioritizing project management.
Zendesk vs Jira
The difference between Zendesk and Jira is that Zendesk primarily focuses on follow-up with support, maintenance and feedback included, whereas Jira system software supports from the concept to launch.
One of the other differences between the two is that Jira offers free service, whereas Zendesk doesn’t.
|Parameters of Comparison||Zendesk||Jira|
|Best For||Designed to build and improve customer relationships.||Designed to detect and organize issues, assigning of work, and track the team’s activity.|
|Rating||4.3/5 stars||4.4/5 stars|
|Ease of Use||4.3/5||3.9/5|
|Value for Money||4.1/5||4.2/5|
|Features and Functionality||4.3/5||4.4/5|
|Support||24/7 (live rep), business hours, and online.||24/7 (live rep), and online|
What is Zendesk?
Zendesk is software designed to serve customers and build and improve relationships.
Zendesk is a CRM company with powerful software that helps meet all the requirements of any business or organization.
CRM (Customer Relationship Management) help build a good relationship with the help of support agents. The company provides call centres to help customers’ problems by giving them what they need.
The features offered by Zendesk can be utilized by anyone, no matter what business or organization you are in. Some of the features and help offered by Zendesk are as the following:
- Zendesk Support: here, the customers have handled their problems by either support by email or mobile with complete data reporting.
- Zendesk chat: in this platform, the customers chat with the agents to get a solution. Chatting also helps support businesses and take on leads.
- Zendesk Explore: This platform offers analytics to businesses and customers to calculate and boost customer service.
- Zendesk Guide: here, you will get the knowledge that supports your customer.
What is Jira?
Jira is system software primarily designed to help all kinds of teams manage work efficiently. However, the main idea was to create a tracker for several issues and bugs.
Now, this system software has evolved and is used as a tool for all kinds of uses.
Jira was developed by an American company named Atlassian, and the basic function of this tool is to track issues and bugs related to your device’s software or mobile apps. Jira is also used for managing various projects.
Jira offers a free service for their customers, making them a great tool. Sometimes businesses want a tool to help them with their work without cost, so Jira is the best solution.
The free service has a certain limitation where it can serve up to 10 users and 2GB of storage with community support.
Jira system software is popular because it maintains workflow mapping and issue-tracking services. Various agile developments need their support, and it has got Scrum and Kanban along with all kinds of reports.
Main Differences Between Zendesk and Jira
- The main difference between Zendesk and Jira is that Jira is the best choice for managing projects, while Zendesk is the best tool for performing end-user communication.
- The strength of Zendesk depends only on two-way communication (automation and Knowledge base), whereas Jira has several activity feeds.
- When discussing the concept to launch then, Jira is ahead of Zendesk.
- Zendesk is quite cheap, but Jira system software is a free source.
- Zendesk’s user interface is simple and easy to handle, whereas Jira’s is complicated.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.