Initially, the internet was developed as a borderless network for restriction-free communication. But after a while, various government organizations start putting DNS restrictions to limit content around multiple countries.
They also implemented various tracking systems to monitor internet users’ online behaviour, violating a user’s privacy. The VPN or Virtual Private Network is a network mechanism which bypasses these restrictions.
The VPN allows privacy protection and lets the internet user surf anonymously. It will enable them to bypass GEO-fenced DNS restrictions, and access blocked content online.
- ZenMate VPN has a larger server network with more server locations, providing more options for users to bypass geo-restrictions, while SurfEasy VPN has a smaller server network.
- SurfEasy VPN is a product of the well-known cybersecurity company Symantec, while ZenMate VPN is developed by the German company ZenGuard GmbH.
- Both VPNs offer user-friendly interfaces and strong encryption, but ZenMate VPN has been criticized for slower connection speeds than SurfEasy VPN.
Zenmate VPN vs SurfEasy VPN
ZenMate VPN is a VPN service that protects cyber privacy, security, and anonymity by giving encrypted and remote internet facility. Surfeasy VPN is an online private and secure VPN service which provides safe and encrypted internet browsing facility.
Zenmate and SurfEasy are two prevalent VPN systems. However, both VPN systems protect users’ privacy and let them surf the internet anonymously. But beneath the surface, they use different technologies.
|Parameter of Comparison||Zenmate VPN||SurfEasy VPN|
|Device Support||Operating system support for Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android. Device support is available for Xbox, PlayStation, Apple TV, and Chromebook devices.||Only support Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android Operating systems. No device support is available.|
|Protocols||ZenMate VPN support protocols like OpenVPN, L2TP, SSTP, and IPSec.||SurfEasy VPN support only OpenVPN and IPSec protocols.|
|Pricing||The lowest price is $2.99/month—7 days free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee available.||The lowest price is $1.99/month. No free trial, and the money-back guarantee are for only 14 days.|
|Payment methods||ZenMate VPN accepts payments from Visa, PayPal, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express cards.||SurfEasy VPN accepts payments from online Visa, PayPal, and Mastercard.|
|Encryption||ZenMate VPN offers SSL and Kill Switch encryption.||SurfEasy VPN does not support SSL and Kill Switch encryption.|
|Streaming Services||ZenMate VPN supports geo-restricted streaming services like BBC iPlayer, Channel 4, Netflix, and others.||SurfEasy VPN does not support streaming services in many places.|
|Torrenting||It does not support torrenting.||Supports torrenting.|
|DNS Leak Protection||No DNS Leak protection is available||Highly secure DNS Leak protection is available|
What is Zenmate VPN?
ZenMate is a Germany-based VPN service provider. This company offers its service through 3700 servers, which are located in 72 plus countries. This company utilizes a complex server infrastructure to secure the user’s privacy.
This VPN system is powered by OpenVPN and offers support across browsers and mobile devices. It lets the user choose their favourite server with just one click. It also provides unrestricted access to torrent websites.
Watching popular streaming services in a Geo-fenced area is possible with ZenMate VPN. It supports significant streaming services like BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Netflix. Watching live sports on VPN is possible with its high-speed server.
Zenmate changes every user’s IP address to protect the user’s anonymity. It allows every user to surf the net without leaving any figure print. This company uses AES 256-bit encryption, which is considered military-grade encryption.
ZenMate has adopted a strict no-logging policy to assure users of anonymity. According to this policy, ZenMate does not monitor and collect online activities and information about the users.
A user can use Visa, PayPal, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express cards for payment.
What is SurfEasy VPN?
SurfEasy VPN offers its service with unlimited bandwidth. It lets the user log in to up to five devices simultaneously. This VPN Company provides a unique Ad-Tracker blocking solution, which prevents any website from planting cookies in the device.
Surfeasy offers its service through 1500 servers, which are located in 30-plus countries. Users can use this VPN service on their Android smartphones and tablets. It is also compatible with Windows PCs, Macs, and iOS.
Main Differences Between Zenmate VPN and SurfEasy VPN
- Along with various operating systems like Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android, Zenmate VPN supports multiple other device platforms like Xbox, PlayStation, Apple TV, and Chromebook. At the same time, SurfEasy VPN doesn’t support any other devices.
- Zenmate VPN has 3700 servers in over 72 plus countries. SurfEasy VPN has only 1500 servers in 30-plus countries.
- ZenMate VPN supports streaming services like BBC iPlayer, Channel4, and Netflix in geo-restricted areas. But SurfEasy VPN doesn’t support streaming services.
- SurfEasy VPN provides DNS Leak protection and torrenting option. ZenMate VPN doesn’t offer torrenting and DNS Leak protection.
- SurfEasy VPN is powered by OpenVPN and IPSec protocols, whereas Zenmate VPN follows OpenVPN, L2TP, SSTP, and IPSec protocols.
- SurfEasy VPN offers the lowest price solution at $1.99/month, whereas the lowest price for ZenMate VPN is $2.99/month.
- Zenmate VPN offers 7 days free trial period with a 30-day money-back guarantee, whereas SurfEasy VPN doesn’t offer any trial period, and the money-back guarantee is for only 14 days.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.