- CyberGhost VPN is a virtual private network service provider with a user-friendly interface, strong encryption, a large server network, and a strict no-logs policy.
- Hotspot Shield is another VPN service provider with fast connection speeds, military-grade encryption, and a user-friendly interface. Still, its free version has limitations on bandwidth and server selection.
- Both CyberGhost and Hotspot Shield provide privacy and security for online activities. Still, users should compare each service’s performance, pricing, and features to determine the best fit for their specific needs and preferences.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
What is CyberGhost VPN?
CyberGhost is a company based in Romania. It has over 9308+ servers in 89 countries. Its server network is the largest of any other VPN. It also provides servers in countries such as Sri Lanka, Macedonia, and the Bahamas, where most VPNs don’t work.
With CyberGhost, you have more convenience for streaming online. It provides browser extensions for Chrome as well as for Firefox. It has seamless unblocking services for all the major platforms, including Netflix, amazon prime, SkyGo, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+ Hotstar, etc.
Cyber Ghost provides a mobile and desktop app to utilize its VPN services. Its mobile app can switch to VPN automatically when the wifi is switched on. The kill switch option is available on both desktop and mobile apps.
CyberGhost has many options for VPN in its privacy protocols, such as OpenVPN, L2TP, and IKEv2.
It utilizes 256-bit AES encryption to ensure data security from hackers and snoopers.
Furthermore, DNS, ipv6, and WebRTC are the leak protection technology on CyberGhost to prevent data loss.
What is Hotspot Shield?
Hotspot Shield is a VPN services company based in Pango, USA. You need to provide your email address to sign in with its VPNs. There are 1800 Hotspot shield servers in about 80 countries. It provides servers in countries where other VPNs don’t work, such as the Bahamas, Macedonia, and Sri Lanka.
Hotspot Shield uses ikev2 and Catapult Hydra VPN Protocols on its platform, using 256-bit protection from hackers and snoopers. It protects against DNS leaks and offers its kill switch feature only on windows apps, not Play Store apps.
Difference Between CyberGhost VPN and Hotspot Shield
- CyberGhost provides seamless streaming and cannot block all significant platforms. In contrast, Hotspot shield is quite unreliable with Disney+ and SkyGo.
- Cyber Ghost provides browser extensions for Chrome as well as Firefox. In contrast, Hotspot Shield only provides Chrome extensions, not Firefox.
- CyberGhost provides automatic ad and malware blockers, while Hotspot Shield provides password management and spam call blocking as extra features.
- CyberGhost has the most prolonged subscription period of about three years at a $2.25/ month rate. Hotspot Shield has the most extended subscription of 1 year at $ 7.99/ month (premium plan) and $11.99/ month (premium family plan).
- CyberGhost has fast and unlimited bandwidth for streaming. In contrast, Hotspot shield has an excellent, consistent speed for streaming.
Comparison Between CyberGhost VPN and Hotspot Shield
|Parameter of Comparison||CyberGhost||Hotspot Shield|
|Servers||It has over 6,500 servers across 89 countries.||It provides servers in about 80 countries.|
|Simultaneous connections||It allows seven simultaneous connections||It allows five simultaneous connections.|
|Manual install device||Routers and setup boxes||Select routers|
|Extra features||It has extra features such as ad and malware blockers for improved security.||It has extra features such as a password manager and spam call blocking.|
|Unblocking||It unblocks all significant platforms but can’t unblock CBS.||It unblocks major platforms but can’t unblock ABC, Sky Go, and CBS.|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.