Our globe relies on the aviation business, or more specifically, airline routes, to commute between states or countries. The service is designed to transport not just passengers but also commodities, medications, mail, artefacts, automobiles, and much more. The startling fact regarding India’s contribution to the global aviation market is that it ranks third. To assist this, India has established several airlines that operate both domestic and international flights.
Air India vs Air Canada
The main difference between Air India and Air Canada is that Air India was launched or founded around 85 years ago in 1935 and has been serving its customers since then. Even the company is connecting their passengers through 102 destinations across the nation. On the other hand, Air Canada is the national airline that was founded and established in the year 1937 and has been serving its passengers for 80 years. The airlines connect the passengers by 222 destinations worldwide.
Air India is the first Asian airline that was founded in India and has been serving its customers for the past 85 years. It was formerly known as the TATA Airlines but then was changed into Air India when the Government occupied the aviation company. On July 11, 2014, Air India became one of the members of the Star Alliance.
Air Canada is considered as the national airline of the respective country Canada. Also, among other airlines in the country, it is the largest one based on the fleet size of the aeroplanes, which is around 316 (including the subsidiaries). The main office or the headquarters of the airline is located in Saint-Laurent, Quebec. Besides this airline was founded on 10th April 1937, which serves its customers and cargo to almost 222 destinations on scheduled and charter flights all over the world.
Comparison Table Between Air India and Air Canada
|Parameters of Comparison||Air India||Air Canada|
|Founded In||15 October 1932||10 April 1937|
|Former name||TATA Airlines||Trans-Canada Airlines|
|Hubs||IGI Airport||Calgary, Vancouver, Montréal–Trudeau, and Toronto–Pearson|
|Number of Focus Cities||Seven||Two|
What is Air India?
Air India is the first airline that was founded in India, and later, through this, India entered the aviation sector among the popular countries worldwide. The company, or say the airlines, was founded back around 85 years ago on 15th October 1937. And some of its operations were commenced in 1975.
And the surprising fact related to the airlines is that it has been founded by none other than J.R.D. Tata. Even he piloted the very first single-engine ‘de Havilland Puss Moth’ aircraft. And the aircraft was carrying the mails that took off from Karachi and landed in Juhu to later Madras.
The airline was priorly known as the ‘TATA Airlines’, but later, when the aviation sector was occupied by the Government, the name was changed to ‘Air India’. The company has a very unique mascot, ‘Maharaja (Emperor)’, signifying that every passenger is the king of the airlines.
The fleet size of the airlines excluding the subsidiaries was recorded at around 127. And it serves different customers domestic and internationally by commuting between 102 different destinations worldwide.
What is Air Canada?
Air Canada is considered as one of the national airlines of its respective country Canada. The airline was founded on 10th April 1937 and was formerly known by the name of Trans-Canada Airline. It is also stated to be the largest airline in the respective country as the fleet size of the airlines, including subsidiaries, is around 316.
The airlines have its headquarters located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. And the main four hubs of the airlines are – Calgary, Vancouver, Montréal–Trudeau, and Toronto–Pearson. Since its establishment, Star Alliance has made the airline to be one of its official members. The airlines commute between 222 destinations across the different nations.
The airline has four different carrier operating divisions that are as follows – Air Canada Cargo, Air Canada Jetz (these are private jet charters planes), Air Canada Rouge, and Air Canada Express. A part of the company that is known by the name Air Canada Vacations also offers holiday packages to over 90 destinations worldwide. Approximately the airline has around 30 thousand+ working professionals that are dealing with the smooth, fast, comfortable experience of the customers.
Main Differences Between Air India and Air Canada
- The airline Air India was founded on 15th October 1932, and they commenced their operations in 1975 while comparatively, on the other hand, the airline Air Canada was founded on 10th April 1937, and they commenced their operations later from 1965.
- The former name of the airline Air India was known to be TATA Airlines, while comparatively, on the other hand, the former name of the airlines’ Air Canada was known by the name Trans-Canada Airlines.
- The headquarters for the Air India airlines is located at Airlines India, New Delhi, while comparatively, on the other hand, the headquarters for Air Canada is located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- The main hub of Air India is the IGI Airport, while comparatively, on the other hand, the main hubs for Air Canada are distributed in four airports – Calgary, Vancouver, Montréal–Trudeau, and Toronto–Pearson.
- The number of focus cities of the airline Air India is seven, and they are – Chennai, Kochi, Ahmedabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Bengaluru, Kolkata, and Hyderabad while comparatively, on the other hand, the number of focus cities of the airline Air Canada and are – Ottawa and Halifax.
- The fleet size for Air India, excluding the subsidiaries, is 127, while comparatively, on the other hand, the fleet size for Air Canada, including the subsidiaries, is 316.
- The number of approximate destinations covered by the Air India airlines is 102 while comparatively, on the other hand, the number of approximate destinations covered by the Air Canada airlines is 222.
- The approximate employees working as professionals in Air India are around 9000+ while comparatively, on the other hand, the approximate employees working as professionals are around 30,000+.
To sum up the matter, the aviation industry is the most rapidly growing sector on a global scale. Many airlines have been established to serve clients based on various criteria. IndiGo, SpiceJet India, Kingfisher, Air India, Air Canada, Emirates Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, and others are among the popular airlines.
Both Air India and Air Canada are national airlines of their respective countries. Air India is an Indian airline, whereas Air Canada is a Canadian airline. Air India only has one main hub, but Air Canada has four.
There have been several recent airline-related problems, but the firm has always strived to provide its consumers with a secure, safer, smoother, and more enjoyable ride.