The hotel and travel industries are two of the fastest expanding industries on the planet.
For example, before the twentieth century, people had limited access to various kinds of transportation, which were also prohibitively expensive for the average person.
However, practically every mode of transportation, including train, air, and water, is now available to everyone.
They enable travelers to travel between states and nations while staying pleasantly in resorts, motels, and hotels in various cities, states, and countries.
- Wyndham is a global hotel brand with a wide range of accommodation options, while Holiday Inn is a popular mid-range chain operated by InterContinental Hotels Group.
- Wyndham offers various hotel brands catering to different budgets and travel needs, while Holiday Inn focuses on providing consistent quality and value across its properties.
- Wyndham Rewards is the loyalty program for Wyndham hotels, whereas Holiday Inn uses the IHG Rewards Club loyalty program.
Wyndham vs Holiday Inn
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is a hotel franchising company that operates under several well-known brands. Holiday Inn is owned by InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG). Wyndham operates under various brands with target markets. Holiday Inn is a single brand that focuses on mid-range accommodations.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Wyndham is a company that is categorized as Public Type and is a hotel company that is native to America.
The company has its head office located in Parsippany, New Jersey, United States, and it is one of the largest hotel franchises said to be in the entire world.
They have almost collaborated with 9280 other locations that serve the best hospitality to their customers.
Holiday Inn is also among one of the growing hotel chains known. The company is said to be the brand name of InterContinental Hotels Group.
Holiday Inn is said to have been their head office located in Atlanta, United States. And the brilliant mind behind founding the company is Kemmons Wilson.
|Parameters of Comparison||Wyndham||Holiday Inn|
|Founded By||Trammell Crow||Kemmons Wilson|
|Headquarters||New Jersey, United States||Atlanta, United States|
|Number of locations||9280||1173|
|Number of brands||20||Around 4|
What is Wyndham?
Wyndham is one of the renowned companies working in the travel and hotel industry. The company is known by the name Wyndham Hotels and Resort, Inc. and was founded around 81 years ago in the year 1981.
The company was established by Trammel Crow and is based in America. The head office of the company is located in Parsippany, New Jersey, United States.
Company in 1985 acquired its first 8 brands, and later by 2005, the company was sold off from Blackstone Group to Cendant.
The founder of the hotel company interestingly named the company on one of her close friends Wyndham Robertson.
The company claims to be among one of the largest franchise holders in terms of hotels. This is so because the company has collaborated with around 9280 hotels, small or large.
Some of the popular names of hotel brands are – Ramada, Days Inn, Howard Johnson, Baymont, La Quinta, and many more. It has over 20 different brands covered under the name of the company.
What is Holiday Inn?
Holiday Inn is also categorized as the popular hotel franchise chain in the worldwide market of the travel and hotel industry. The company was established around 69 years ago on 1 August 1952.
Initially, the company was founded by Kemmons Wilson, who created it to be the United States motel chain.
The head office of the company has been located in Atlanta, United States.
The company has its four different brands acquired by them. The inspiration to build up such an entire hotel chain came from the incompetence of roadside hotel services.
This incident happened when Kemmons Wilson was on a road trip to Washington with his family. And the name was inspired by the movie with the same title jokingly advised by his architect.
The company is a brand face for InterContinental Hotels Group has its head office located in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
Also, as per the claims of the company, they are too ranked among the largest hotel chains having active hotels around 1173 along with more than 214,000 rooms that are available for rent.
Main Differences Between Wyndham and Holiday Inn
- The hotel chain Wyndham was founded around 41 years ago in 1981, while comparatively, on the other hand, the hotel chain Holiday Inn was founded around 69 years ago on 1st August 1952.
- The company Wyndham was founded by Trammell Crow, while comparatively, on the other hand, the company was founded by Kemmons Wilson.
- The main or the head office for the company Wyndham is located in Parsippany, New Jersey, the United States, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the main or the head office for the company Holiday Inn is located in Atlanta, United States.
- The number of locations covered by the company Wyndham is around 9280 hotels, while comparatively, on the other hand, the number of locations covered by the company Holiday Inn is around 1173.
- The total number of brands covered under the company Wyndham is 20, while comparatively, on the other hand, the total number of brands covered under the company Holiday Inn is around 4 or more.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.