Planning for a vacation, trek, or picnic with friends and family, then our first and foremost step is booking the right hotel for our stay. In that case, both Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza are amazing in their way.
Both hotels are known for their ambience, including large cosy beds, immaculate bathrooms, and perfect a ‘couldn’t ask for more’ sojourn.
- Holiday Inn targets budget-conscious travelers seeking comfortable accommodations, while Crowne Plaza caters to upscale business and leisure travelers.
- Crowne Plaza offers more luxurious amenities and services than Holiday Inn, such as sophisticated room designs, upscale dining options, and extensive meeting facilities.
- Both hotel brands belong to the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) and participate in the IHG Rewards loyalty program.
Holiday Inn vs Crowne Plaza
The difference between Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza is that the Holiday Inn is recognized for offering free breakfast during the stay; meanwhile, Crowne Plaza isn’t organized to offer free breakfast. Besides, Holiday Inn is well noted for letting up to two children stay with a paying adult, whereas Crowne Plaza provides noise-free zones with no additional individuals.
Holiday Inn is an American brand of hotels and a subsidiary of the InterContinental Hotels Group, with its headquarters in Atlanta, United States. Holiday Inn was well-recognized for being one of the largest hotel chains, with over 1732 hotels around the world.
It was founded in 1952 by Kemmons Wilson to build comfortable accommodations for travellers.
On the other hand, Crowne Plaza is a full-service caterer that provides business travellers, meetings, and convention markets accommodations. I
t is also a part of InterContinental Hotels Group, which was founded in 1983. Initially, it was Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza, and later renamed as Crowne Plaza, and has over 412 hotels around the globe.
|Parameters of Comparison||Holiday Inn||Crowne Plaza|
|Meaning||Holiday Inn is one of the world’s largest hotel chains, where they render service to make a comfortable stay for Travelers or customers. It is a type of hotel renowned all over the world for bestowing services at affordable prices.||Crowne Plaza is a multinational chain of the full-service industry by generating all ilk of services to the customers. It is a deluxe Hotel and resorts of Holiday Inn and costs sky-high for a stay.|
|History||Kemmons Wilson, along with InterContinental Hotels Group, inaugurated ‘Holiday Inn Hotel Courts’ on 1st August 1952 in Memphis, Tennessee, US. He built it, unaware of poor and polarized motels of other hotels, while he was accommodated in Washington D.C. Later, Wilson partnered with Wallace E Johnson to develop other branches overseas.||As an upscale division of Holiday Inn, The Crowne Plaza was established in 1983 in Rockville, Maryland. Furthermore, it built numerous motels along with its Parent organisations InterContinental Hotels Group and Holiday Inn Hotels.|
|Services||Holiday Inn renders Food services by offering breakfast during the staycation, Ammodating services, Conventions, conducting conferences or meetings and timeshares till the due date. Moreover, it allows two children with an adult in one room.||Crowne Plaza is a full-service industry, where they generate premium accommodation, catering, noise-free zones for business conferences, sauna, fastest Wifi connectivity, laundry services etc.|
|Operates||Holiday Inn has 1,173 active branches as of 2018. The motels operate in- All over Americans, Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific and Europe||Crowne Plaza is currently operating 6000 hotels worldwide, in nearly more than 100 countries- Australia, US, Europe, India, Russia etc.|
|Targeted Audiences||Holiday Inn mostly targets tourists, travellers, Businessmen for any unofficial team meeting or conferences and customers.||Crowne Plaza highly targets Business-class people, those who are seeking a festive ambience for meetings with premium services to businessmen.|
What is Holiday Inn?
The American hotel chain Holiday Inn is a very famous American brand of hotels with over 1200 hotels around the globe. It was developed by Kemmons Wilson along with the InterContinental Hotels Group in 1952 for a comfortable stay.
Holiday Inn has earned enough trust among its clients, and that is the reason why Holiday Inn is familiar and trustable among travellers.
The first motel under the Holiday Inn name was established in 1953 in Memphis, Tennessee. Subsequently, by 1953, he had established many more motels in different regions.
By then, it was remarked as the world’s largest hotel brand.
Holiday Inn also has partnerships with Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton, Hotel Indigo, EVEN Hotels, HUALUXE, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resort, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites.
Over and above, people have a predilection for Holiday Inn, especially for its free breakfast and affordable rooms, along with a bar, restaurant, and gym.
On the whole, Holiday Inn provides minibars, coffee makers, micro ovens, King & Queen suites, a free Wi-Fi network, 32 inches LCD TVs, pools, free parking, and many more eye-catching features.
What is Crowne Plaza?
On the contrary, Crowne Plaza is a multinational chain of the full-service industry, which is popular among the catering service for providing services to business tourists.
Besides, Crowne Plaza is part of InterContinental Hotels Group and partnered with all IHG Hotels groups too. It was established in 1983, and by now, Crowne Plaza has over 6000 hotels around the world.
Additionally, it has prevalent hotels in city centres, resorts, coastal towns, or near major airports. Moreover, Crowne Plaza is best known for its noise-free zones, which are prominent for meetings or conferences.
Speaking of which, Crowne Plaza features business-ready services along with an ambience that could make the guest prolong their stay.
Over and above, Crowne Plaza includes the fastest free Wi-Fi network, a safe parking lot, access to a minbar and sauna, and awe-inspiring rooms that subsume hairdryers, satellite or Pay TV, laundry service, and other amazing features for a great stay.
Furthermore, Crowne Plaza is well-acknowledged for its business-related accommodation. In that case, it can stand out from others by offering four-star conference centres with over sixteen function rooms and many more.
Main Differences Between Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza
- Holiday Inn is an American renowned Hotel chain that renders room services to customers at reasonable prices. On the other hand, Crowne Plaza is an upscale division of Holiday Inn, which generates full services from the beginning to the end of the stay.
- Holiday Inn was the first brand to be founded by Kemmons Wilson, collaborating with Intercontinental Hotels Group, and built in 1952 in Memphis, Tennessee, United States. Crowne Plaza was introduced as a deluxe Holiday Inn and inaugurated in 1983 in Rockville, Maryland.
- Holiday Inn operates around 1,173 hotels in certain countries such as Europe, the US, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific. In contrast, Crowne Plaza owns nearly 6000 hotels and resorts all over the world.
- Holiday Inn generates room services, likewise an arrangement of breakfast, meetings, birthday parties, conferences etc., at an affordable rate. Notwithstanding, Crowne Plaza offers full services from arranging all ilk of stay needs for a customer- laundry, catering, cleaning services, and organizing conferences or meetings, which all cost an arm and a leg.
- Holiday Inn is quite cheaper. Any tourists or customers who can afford the charges can stay over. But, not everyone fits into Crowne Plaza because only business-class people are ready to pay a hefty amount.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.