Smoking among men and women has been around for centuries, and smoking cigar or cigarettes are customary. It is a trend usually found on screens.
Smoking gets associated with the feeling it gives. Smoking has adverse health issues, and the number of smokers has reduced over the years. Blunt and Joint are two ways of rolling and having a puff.
- Blunts use tobacco leaves or cigar wraps, while joints utilize rolling papers from materials like rice or hemp.
- Blunts typically contain more cannabis than joints, leading to a stronger, longer-lasting high.
- Joints generally offer a smoother smoking experience, whereas blunts impart a distinct tobacco flavor.
Blunt vs Joint
A blunt is a cigar that has been emptied of its tobacco, is filled with cannabis, is larger than joints, and is known for its smooth burn due to the cigar paper. Joints are made using rolling papers filled with cannabis, are smaller than blunts, and burn faster due to the thinner paper.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
The Blunt looks familiar to a cigar, and it appears blunt. Blunt is ground cannabis wrapped in thick tobacco paper. The paper is usually the same used for a cigar.
Generally, people buy a cheap cigar for wrapping paper and empty the contents. Blunts are 100% cannabis and do not contain tobacco.
A Joint contains marijuana. It is typically ground added to the paper and rolled up. Then lit and enjoyed the smoke to feel the pleasure. It gets most commonly used in the US.
Rolling paper comes in different flavors and colors, and there are variations like hemp, rice, or paper roll.
|Parameters Of Comparison||Blunt||Joint|
|Appearance||Blunt is available in different shapes, sizes, and colors.||It is white and transparent.|
|Burn Time||Blunt burns longer as it is thick.||Joint burns for a shorter duration as it is thinner.|
|Flavor||Blunt has a flavor and it is a combination of tobacco and nicotine.||It has no flavor.|
|Looks||The Blunt is smooth when the wrap is moist.||The Joint is either smooth or ridged.|
|Effects||The pleasure is high due to the longer burn effect.||The pleasure is minimal due to a shorter burn time.|
What is Blunt?
The name Blunt originated from the cigar brand Phillies Blunt. Blunt is a type of cigar in which tobacco gets replaced by cannabis.
Tobacco leaf wrappers get utilized in making blunts, as it adds to the excitement of smoking, and the wrapping generally contains nicotine.
Blunt gets made with any cigars, generally an inexpensive brand. The crucial requirement is the leaf paper and not the contents.
Steps to make a Blunt:
- The cannabis is ground either by hand or grinder.
- The cigar gets cut open to empty the contents.
- Moisturize the cigar wrap as it becomes easy to roll.
- Spread the cannabis in the wrap and then turn in the same. Seal the edges with saliva.
- The Blunt is ready to consume.
It contains nicotine from the wrapper and cannabis. The Blunt will either be rough or smooth, depending on how it’s rolled. If not stored well, then it cracks.
Since the Blunt is thick, it burns longer and increases consumption. Blunts come in different flavors. It is generally a blend of tobacco and nicotine.
Blunt has a potent smell that lasts longer and takes time to clear. If smoking indoors, the odor lingers for a long duration of time. Smokers tend to add more weed into a blunt, and hence it has a better effect than a joint.
What is Joint?
Joint is a traditional way of consuming cannabis as it is small and portable. The joint gets rolled in a thin white paper. The paper is available in different flavors and colors.
This paper has many variations in size and even the material utilized. They get made from rice, hemp, or paper roll. It is popular in the US, and cannabis gets commonly used.
Steps in making a Joint:
- Once you get a weed of your choice, grind or break it with a hand or grinder.
- Fold the rolling paper about three millimeters.
- Once you place the rolling paper, put the ground weed on top.
- Then you roll with the thumb and stick the edge with the salvia.
- Placing a similarly shaped object on the top of the joint. Then tapping the substance ensures the weed gets distributed.
- Voila, the Joint is ready for the puff!
The joint is usually white or transparent. There are color and material options available. It is thin, takes no effort to roll, and does not crack.
On average, there is a gram of weed in the joint, and since it gets rolled with rolling paper, it has a short burn time.
A joint is flavorless if required, flavored papers are available in a marijuana shop. The Joint tends to break as it is flimsy. For a beginner, a Joint is a better option.
Due to the lesser burn time, and it gives a blissful experience.
Main Differences Between Blunt and Joint
- Blunt gets rolled from a paper or tobacco paper and can hold more aggregate of weed. The joint gets curled from a thin rolling paper, is usually slim and long, and contains less weed.
- As Blunt has extended burning capacity, it affects the user. The joint burns for a lesser time giving small pleasure to the user.
- Blunts gets available in various shapes, sizes, and colors. The joint is usually white or transparent.
- Blunt comes in different flavors due to the presence of tobacco and nicotine. The joint does not contain any flavor.
- A blunt is smooth as the wrap is moist. If exposed, it tends to break as it gets dry. A joint could be even or rugged based on the rolling. The joint paper tends to break as it is thin.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.