Several companies manufacture cameras and other devices that help people click pictures and shoot videos. These devices come in different varieties with different features and variants.
Several types of cameras have been in use. However, among the leading manufacturers of cameras, Canon is one of the most popular brands, and many people buy products from this company.
However, Canon has launched a variety of products in different ranges. Two of these are 1. Canon Kiss X3 and 2. Canon EOS 550D.
- The Canon Kiss X3, also known as the EOS Rebel T1i, is an entry-level DSLR, while the Canon 550D, the EOS Rebel T2i, is an upgraded version with advanced features.
- The 550D offers higher resolution (18MP) than the Kiss X3 (15MP), resulting in better image quality and detail.
- The 550D boasts a more extensive ISO range (100-12800) than the Kiss X3 (100-3200), providing superior low-light performance and versatility.
Canon Kiss X3 vs 550D
The 550D has a higher resolution sensor than the Kiss X3, which may result in higher-quality images. The 550D offers full HD video recording, while the Kiss X3 only offers 720p HD. The 550D has a slightly faster maximum continuous shooting speed than the Kiss X3 model.
The Canon Kiss X3 was launched in Japan. It is one of the types of DSLR cameras by Canon. It is acknowledged by different brand names in other parts of the world, but more popularly, it is known as the Canon Kiss X3.
The global brand name of the product is 550D. But the 550D is the successor of this product and was launched after that.
The 550D is one of the most bought cameras by Canon. The brand name of this product is the Canon EOS 550D. It comes with upgraded features from the Canon Kiss X3.
It was launched in various parts of the world and is addressed by different brand names, but it is known as the Canon Kiss X4 in Japan.
|Parameters Of Comparison
|Canon Kiss X3
|Canon EOS 550D
|It was launched before the launch of Canon EOS 550D.
|It was launched after the launch of the Canon Kiss X3.
|Comparatively less improved
|Comparatively more improved
|Video recording quality
What is Canon Kiss X3?
The Canon Kiss X3 is a type of DSLR camera launched by one of the most popular camera manufacturing companies, Canon.
It was initially launched in Japan and gradually in other parts of the world. The metering system, sensor and other features of the Canon Kiss X3 are pretty different from the Canon EOS 550D.
Even though the Canon Kiss X3 was launched before the Canon EOS 550D, it came up with better features for now.
Further, it was replaced by the Canon Kiss X4, globally known as the Canon EOS 550D. The exposure of the pictures that are taken from the camera is automatically adjusted.
The pictures are either underexposed or overexposed if the metering system does not adjust the exposure. The metering system can cover a certain amount of zones from the image.
However, the metering system from the Canon Kiss X3 covers nearly 35 zones.
The frame rates at which the camera can capture a particular video recording are different. The frame rate of the Canon Kiss X3 is lesser than the frame rate of the Canon EOS 550D.
However, both these cameras come with the exact resolution when it comes to recording videos. The frame rate of the Canon Kiss X3, however, sometimes affects the video clip and blurs or is not able to shoot frames that have scenes with higher speed.
What is Canon EOS 550D?
The Canon EOS 550D is also one of the DSLR cameras launched by the company Canon. It is also known as the Canon Kiss X4 in Japan, as it was launched after the Canon Kiss X3.
The brand names of this product differ from location to location. Many users consider it a better alternative to the Canon Kiss X3.
The Canon EOS 550D is also known by the brand name called the Canon EOS Rebel T2i. That name knows it in most of the parts of the United States of America.
The product was launched on 8 February 2010. However, it was made available to the people after 4 February 2010.
The product was launched in other locations by Canon in different price ranges. The successor of the Canon EOS 550D is the Canon EOS 600D.
The Canon EOS 600D is also known as the Canon Kiss X5 and the Canon Rebel T3i. The storage media provided with the Canon EOS 550D included a secure digital card.
A focal-plane shutter is present in the Canon EOS 550D. It also has a microphone jack to connect the earphones or headphones.
Other than that, external recorders can also be connected to the microphone jack. It also possesses a built-in flash. The ISO range of the Canon EOS 550D can be expanded up to 12,800.
Main Differences Between Canon Kiss X3 and 550D
- The Canon Kiss X3 has a comparatively lower standard of the metering system. On the other hand, the Canon EOS 500D has a comparatively better standard of the metering system.
- The frame rates at which the videos can be recorded are slightly lesser in the Canon Kiss X3. On the other hand, the frame rates at which the videos can be recorded are higher in the Canon EOS 550D.
- The Canon Kiss X3 was launched before the Canon EOS 550D.
- The sensor of the Canon Kiss X3 is 15 megapixels. On the other hand, the sensor of the Canon EOS 550D is 18 megapixels.
- Because the frame rates of the Canon Kiss X3 are lesser, the video recording quality is also lesser than the Canon EOS 550D, which has more frame rates even though both have the same resolution for video recording.
- The ISO range of the Canon EOS 550D is more than the ISO range of the Canon Kiss X3.
- The successor of the Canon Kiss X3 is the Canon Kiss X4 or the Canon EOS 550D. On the other hand, the successor of the Canon EOS 550D is the Canon EOS 600D or the Canon Kiss X5.
Last Updated : 13 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.