As humans grow, a lot of changes will happen in their bodies. Getting cold sores and pimples are common in human beings.
- Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV), while pimples result from clogged pores and bacterial infection.
- Cold sores appear as fluid-filled blisters around the mouth and nose, while pimples can occur anywhere on the face or body.
- Antiviral medications and creams treat cold sores, while over-the-counter acne treatments and skincare routines address pimples.
Cold Sore vs Pimple
The difference between Cold Sore and Pimple is that when your lips and mouth area get affected due to the climatic changes around you, then it is called a Cold Sore. On the other hand, if your face, back, and chest area get affected, then it is called a Pimple. Cold Sores can be treated with the help of antiviral medication. On the other hand, pimples are treated with the help of antibiotics.
A cold sore is formed on the lips and mouths of people when they get exposed to some climate changes which their bodies might not accept.
It is not a big problem. It is common in people and can be treated with a normal antibiotic cream or tablets by consulting a dermatologist.
Pimples will occur on the skin when they find any bacteria clogged in the skin. These are normal in many people.
|Parameters of Comparison||Cold Sore||Pimple|
|Contains||It will have fluid in the form of blisters||It will have pus|
|Definition||They are formed on the lip area because of climatic changes||It is formed on the small spot of your skin|
|Location||Lips and mouth||Face, back, and chest|
What is Cold Sore?
A cold sore will be formed on the lips. They are caused by viruses. Once the virus gets inside you, it will cause more outbreaks.
Type 1 and type 2 both will cause a cold sore on the lips and mouth. But the thing is, it can be spread very easily. Many people will have either of these virus types in their bodies.
Sometimes eating acidic and spicy foods will also cause a cold sore. If you eat something which is not in your usual food-eating routine, then you might develop a cold sore.
What is Pimple?
A pimple is a small pus. Sometimes people call it acne as well. It will be formed when the hair follicles in your skin get clogged or they get blocked with dead skin cells or oil.
There are some natural remedies available for treating pimples. Sometimes it cannot work depending on the skin type. In that case, visiting a dermatologist will be a better idea.
For some people, pimples will disappear on their own. If you want to avoid pimples, then you should drink more water and keep yourself hydrated. Avoid applying makeup every day.
Main Differences Between Cold Sore and Pimple
- Cold Sore will have fluid in the form of blisters. On the other hand, pimples will have pus and contain dead white blood cells inside them.
- Cold sores are found in the lip area due to climatic changes. On the other hand, pimples are found as small spots on your skin.
- The areas where cold sores will attack are the lips and mouth. On the other hand, the areas where pimples will attack are the back, face, and chest.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.