The difference between the DJI OSMO 3 and 4 is that the DJI OSMO 4 model features double magnetic mounts while the former model features only one adjustable phone mount. While both these gimbals are foldable, the DJI OSMO 4 secures an edge over its predecessor by embodying certain integral design improvements. One such improvement that sets it distinctly apart from the former model is that it is fitted with 2 magnetic mounts.
The DJI 4 comes with a magnetic phone clamp as well as a magnetic ring holder. The former connects to the user’s phone and keeps it securely placed, while the latter element attaches to the back of the phone and magnetically connects the phone gimbal. These changes in the design of the gimbal were made to ensure that it can be used safely with the heavier smartphone variants.
Comparison Table Between DJI OSMO 3 and 4
|Parameter of Comparison||DJI OSMO 3||DJI OSMO 4|
|Mount Design||The DJI OSMO 3 is equipped with an adjustable phone holding mount.||The DJI OSMO 4 is equipped with 2 magnetic mounts. It has a magnetic phone mount and a magnetic ring holder.|
|Panoramic Shots||This model allows for panoramic shooting up to a range of 180 degrees.||This model allows for panoramic shooting up to a range of 240 degrees.|
|Smartphone Compatibility||Not very suitable for the heavier smartphone models.||Created specifically to cater to the larger and heavier smartphone variants.|
|CloneME Pane||This feature is absent from the DJI 3’s list of offerings.||The CloneMe Pane feature is a novel addition to the improved DJI 4 interface.|
|Dimensions||276×119.6×103.6 mm||285x125x103 mm|
|Weight||This gimbal is heavier than the DJI OSMO 4 variant. This model weighs around 405g.||This gimbal is lighter at about 390g.|
|Price||The DJI OSMO 3 gimbal is quite affordable and lucrative.||The new and improved DJI 4 is much more expensive than its predecessor.|
|Control Mechanisms||Control mechanisms are not as simplified as the OSMO 4 version.||The simple one-button shooting feature makes navigating and controlling the gimbal much easier.|
What is DJI OSMO 3?
The DJI OSMO 3 is a 3-axis gimbal that is made to facilitate a smooth and stable shooting experience. The ingenious design of this lucrative gimbal allows the user to effectively capture the moment at hand, without any overbearing concern about obtaining shaky footage.
The sleek and foldable design of the DJI OSMO 3 makes it portable and travel friendly. The gimbal is also equipped with several advanced features like Edit & Share, One-Tap Templates, Panorama, Hyperlapse Hype, and others. With the Dolly Zoom feature, the gimbal allows the user to add the coveted ‘Hitchcock’ effect using simply their mobile devices.
The intuitive functioning of the OSMO 3 gimbal allows the user the convenience of using it with only one hand- thereby ensuring the freedom of mobility for users. Access to the Quick Menu, and the combined joystick and intuitive button control mechanisms of the gimbal ease the process of using it.
What is DJI OSMO 4?
The DJI OSMO 4 was created as an improved version of the DJI OSMO 3 model. It is jammed packed with exciting new features as well as equipped with a more optimized design. This foldable video stabilizer is designed to especially complement heavier and larger smartphones.
The 2 magnetic mounts featured in the improved DJI 4 version set it apart from all its predecessors. The magnetic, foldable design of this gimbal coupled with features like Gesture Control, Active Track 3.0, Quick Roll, Story Mode, and others make it a premium choice among video filming enthusiasts.
The magnetic phone clump and magnetic ring holder serve as significant design changes made in this new model. Both act as protective elements to secure the user’s smartphone in place. This gimbal is equipped with time lapse features such as Hyperlapse, Timelapse, and Motionlapse. The varied offerings of this gimbal along with its elevated design elements make it a fan favorite.
Main Differences Between DJI OSMO 3 and 4
- The main difference between the DJI OSMO 3 and 4 is that the latter gimbal is equipped with two magnetic mounts as compared to the single phone mount of the former model. The quick release magnetic clamp and magnetic ring holder of the DJI 4 model allows the user greater flexibility and ease of usage.
- The DJI 4 model is able to better support larger and heavier smartphone variants than its predecessor.
- The control mechanisms on a DJI 4 gimbal is much simpler than the DJI 3 model. The one-button shooting feature makes the newer model much easier to navigate as well as allows the user more flexibility to switch between modes.
- The 180-degree panorama shots that were possible with the DJI 3 gimbal are now further augmented by the DJI 4 model. This newer variant allows the user to capture 240-degree panoramic shots.
- The CloneMe Pane feature is present on the DJI 4 model, while it remains absent from the DJI 3 interface. This feature allows the user to extend the normal panorama experience even further.
- The two differ slightly in terms of their market values. The DJI 3 gimbal is a more lucrative choice than the new and improved DJI 4 model that is sold at a relatively higher, but not exorbitant price point.
- The total dimensions of each gimbal are different. The DJI 3 model has a comprehensive dimensional value equivalent to 276×119.6×103.6 mm. The DJI 4 is 285x125x103 mm in dimension.
- The DJI 3 model is heavier than the DJI 4 model. The former weighs around 405g and the latter weighs around 390g.
The choice between these two quality products can be quite daunting. It will certainly be guided by the individual preferences of the user. However, these important differences can be kept in mind while making a definitive decision.
If you seek to purchase an easy-to-use, sleek, compact gimbal that is compatible with the ever-increasing smartphone sizes, then the DJI OSMO 4 model is the most befitting choice for you.
However, if you seek to purchase a more affordable video stabilizer that comes with quality features but is not as versatile as the higher range models, then the OSMO 3 model would be the ideal choice.
Table of Contents