The powerful engine of a Nissan Titan delivers enhanced performance.
With a torque of 394 lb-ft at 4,000 rpm and a horsepower of 400, the vehicle is one of the top contenders for the ace position in the list of premium pickup trucks. Conversely, the inferior Ford F-150 engine has a horsepower of 290 and operates with a torque of only 265 lb-ft at 4,000 rpm.
- Ford F-150 has a higher towing and hauling capacity than Nissan Titan.
- Nissan Titan offers better standard safety features, including automatic emergency braking, than Ford F-150.
- Ford F-150 has a wider range of engine options, including hybrid and diesel, while Nissan Titan only offers a gasoline V8 engine.
Ford F-150 vs Nissan Titan
The difference between Ford F-150 and Nissan Titan is that while the Ford F-150 model is fitted with a respectable engine, the Nissan Titan pickup truck is armed with a much more enhanced and superior engine capacity. The Ford F-150 is equipped with a 3.3-liter V-6 gas engine, while the Nissan Titan is equipped with a 5.8-liter V-8 engine.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
|Parameters of Comparison||Ford F-150||Nissan Titan|
|Engine Capacity||Ford F-150 has a diminished power capacity as it is equipped with a 3.3-liter V-6 gas engine.||Nissan Titan has a more powerful 5.8-liter V-8 gas engine.|
|Brand||F-150 is manufactured by Ford.||Titan is manufactured by Nissan.|
|Horsepower||The Ford F-150 boasts a horsepower of 290.||The Nissan Titan has a horsepower of 400.|
|Torque||Torque equivalent to 265 lb-ft at 4,000 rpm.||Torque equivalent to 394 lb-ft at 4,000 rpm.|
|Price||The Ford F-150 is a lucrative pickup truck.||The Nissan Titan lies on the more expensive end of the price spectrum.|
|Mileage||The Ford F-150 offers an average mileage of 21 MPG.||The Nissan Titan offers an average mileage of 20 MPG.|
|Furl Capacity||F-150 has a fuel capacity of 23 gallons.||Titan has a fuel capacity of 26 gallons.|
|Fuel Efficiency||More fuel-efficient than the Titan model.||Less fuel-efficient than the F-150 model.|
|Towing Capacity||Ford F-150 has a towing capacity of 7,700 pounds||Nissan Titan has a towing capacity of 9,660 pounds.|
What is Ford F-150?
The F-150 is part of the renowned Ford F-Series of light weight trucks, manufactured and marketed by Ford since 1948. This model was introduced in the year 1975. A significant number of improvements have been made to the model since then.
The powerful truck operates on a V-6 engine with a torque of 265 lb-ft at 4,000 rpm. This affordable pickup truck is a fan favorite because of its advanced features and notable performance.
This fuel-efficient pickup truck offers unparalleled mileage. The truck is fitted with a user-friendly infotainment system as well as an onboard generator.
With an enhanced towing capacity of 7,700 pounds, the truck has further augmented its ranks in the pickup truck industry listings. The Ford F-150 is also available with a variety of trim levels including the XL, XLT, Platinum, and Limited trims.
What is Nissan Titan?
Titan is a renowned full-sized pickup truck marketed and sold by the automotive giant Nissan. The model was originally released in the year 2003. The truck is empowered by a V-8 engine.
The truck features an advanced navigation system, sunroof, traction control, and many other formidable specs. The added security features of the vehicle include side airbags and dynamic controls. Nissan Titan is an eminent member of the premium pickup truck family.
The Nissan Titan offers an exceeding towing capacity of 9,600 pounds. A significant drawback of the vehicle is the marginal mileage offered by it at a relatively higher price point.
Nissan introduced the new and improved second generation of the vehicle in 2015. This version is available with an enhanced power capacity and certain augmented specs.
Main Differences Between Ford F-150 and Nissan Titan
- The main difference between the Ford F-150 and the Nissan Titan range of pickup trucks is that a Nissan Titan has a more powerful 5.8-liter V-8 gas engine that sets it a class apart from the other market competitors, while a Ford F-150 has a 3.3-liter V-6 gas engine. Thus, the operative power of an F-150 is inferior to the power capacity offered by a Nissan Titan.
- The F-150 is manufactured and marketed by the Ford brand, while Titan is manufactured by the renowned Nissan brand.
- The horsepower of the two vehicles is also different. The Ford F-150 boasts a horsepower of 290, while the Nissan Titan has a significantly higher operational horsepower of 400.
- The standard torque available with each vehicle is also different. Nissan Titan operates will a more powerful engine operating with a torque of 394 lb-ft at 4,000 rpm. While the standard engine of a Ford F-150 offers a torque of 265 lb-ft at 4,000 rpm.
- The towing capacity of each pickup truck is different. The Ford F-150 has a towing capacity of 7,700 pounds, while the Nissan Titan has a towing capacity of 9,660 pounds.
- Nissan Titan is one of the highest-rated, premium pickup truck models available in the market. This makes it fairly expensive. The Ford F-150 is the more lucrative choice between the two.
- The Ford F-150 offers better mileage for the driver than the Nissan Titan model. Operating with a mileage of 20 MPG on city roads and 24 MPG on the highway, the Ford F-150 model is much more fuel-efficient than the Nissan Titan.
- The fuel tank capacity of each is different. The F-150 offers a diminished fuel tank capacity of 23 gallons, while Titan offers an enhanced capacity of 26 gallons.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.