Having a roof is very important. It is said to be an important thing for a living. A house is a place where an individual goes after work, vacation, or after completing his entire day.
Home vs House
The difference between home and house is in the people if the people live in a building love each other, and have an emotional connection with each other it is considered as a home on the other hand in the same building if people don’t love each other have to emotional connection and maybe don’t even know each other the same building will be considered as a house.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Home is a residence for a family mostly. It is a place filled with love and emotions mostly. It is said to be an abstract concept.
Like home, a house is also a building or residence where people live. But there is no love or affection among the people living there; they just live with each other to have a roof over their heads.
|Parameters of Comparison||Home||House|
|Concept||Abstract concept||Concrete concept|
|Love||It has love||Love is absent|
|Belonging||Has a sense of belonging||No sense of belonging|
|Emotional attachment||Has emotional attachment||No emotional attachment|
|Family||Family is a part||It may or may not be a part.|
What is Home?
A home is a place where a person lives with the people he loves. It is a place where he feels most comfortable and secure.
It is a personal belonging that might not have some monetary value but holds a very high emotional value. It is the last thing any individual wants to lose, and it is not tied to a particular building. It can be changed into a house in a day.
What is House?
It is a place where people live. It is just a building where one or more people live, and it just serves the purpose of providing a shelter or roof to someone.
Even if in the house along with a family, for a member, it may not be home as like for others due to lack of emotional connection. And a house can be changed into a home by the people who live there.
Main Differences Between Home and House
- A home is a place where more people live together and share an emotional connection, whereas in a house, too people live together, but the emotional connection is not present among them.
- Home is said to be an abstract concept that is it can be felt but not seen by the eyes, while the house is a concrete concept that can be seen with the eyes.
- Home is more connected with emotions and made with the love of the members, whereas house is more a materialistic building where more importance is given to the materials and things than emotions.
- A person feels a sense of belongingness in a home, where it feels safe and secure and most comfortable with the other people where the sense of belongingness is not present in the house.
- In a home, family is an important part, not by blood sometimes, friends living together is also considered as a family if they have the love and connection, whereas, in a house, there may or may not be a family, total strangers can also live in the same house.
- A home does not necessarily need to be a building. It can also be in someone’s mind only, whereas a house is always a building.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Emma Smith holds an MA degree in English from Irvine Valley College. She has been a Journalist since 2002, writing articles on the English language, Sports, and Law. Read more about me on her bio page.