Honda has some premium models of automobiles. It also has a wide variety of vehicles, including bikes, scooters, and cars.
Honda Passport and Honda Pilot are among the premium SUV cars for families and individuals at comparatively lower prices. The features and performance of both cars are discussed below.
- Honda Passport is a midsize SUV, while the Pilot is a larger, three-row SUV.
- The Passport offers to seat five passengers, whereas the Pilot accommodates up to eight.
- Both vehicles share similar engines and transmissions, but the Passport is more off-road focused, while the Pilot emphasizes family-friendly features and comfort.
Honda Passport vs Pilot
The Honda Passport is a two-row SUV that can seat up to five people and is designed for those who want a more adventurous driving experience. The Honda Pilot is a three-row SUV that can seat up to eight people, has a more refined design, and is better suited for family-oriented driving.
Honda Passport was the first SUV of the Honda automobiles. This model has a capacity of 3.5L with a V6 engine. As it is a five-seater car, it is not advisable for large families.
It has a large space area between the two rows and a storage area. The Passport’s towing capacity ranges from 5000 lbs.
Honda Pilot is ideal for large families, especially with a touch of SUV looks. It has seven-eight seating capacities along with personal space between the first and third rows.
Compared to Passport, it has a smaller storage area at the backside of the SUV as the third row occupies the space. The Pilot’s towing capacity ranges from 3500 lbs.
It also provides an advanced rear entertainment system.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Horse power and Engine
|280hp and 3.5L V6
|280hp and 3.5L V6
|50.5 cubic feet
|55.9 cubic feet
What is Honda Passport?
Being the first SUV of Honda automobiles, it was introduced in the year 1993. Honda Passport is a five-seater medium-sized SUV. It has a speed of 280hp with a 3.5L fuel tank capacity. It comprises of 20-inch wheel size.
The interior is well-equipped with a standard 8-inch display. Apple Carplay and Android Auto smartphone integration are some of the features that are available in selected models of the Honda Pilot.
A cargo space of 50.5 inches can be seen in the Passport. The hands-free access power tailgate makes it easier to load things, and the tailgate opens with a kick at the rear bumper.
The Honda Passport is equipped with a remote start system which is only seen in the higher trim models of the Honda Pilot.
The Honda sensing suite is a feature for the protection of passengers with a sensor that can also provide steering and braking assistance.
More additional features like Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), and Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) are the sensor features available in Passport.
What is Honda Pilot?
Honda Pilot has a speed of 280hp with a 3.5 L fuel tank capacity and a nine-speed automatic. It is a seven-seater mid-size SUV.
The Pilot has wide legroom of around 31.9 inches, and if the third row is folded, the cabin will be left with 46.8 inches of space.
It takes around approximately 6 seconds to go 0 to 60mph. The wheels are 18 or 20 inches in size.
The pilot model has a panoramic glass roof replaced by a power moonroof. Honda Pilot had a 5-inch LCD screen and has upgraded to an 8-inch wide touchscreen.
The Pilot offers a 10.2-inch high-resolution screen with a Blu-ray audio player and in-built streaming apps. The SUV has a spacious cargo cabin of 55.9 cubic feet and offers a leather seating surface for a smooth drive.
Talking about security, a feature called the Honda sensing suite for driver-assist is helpful for the safety of passengers.
Along with a well-equipped interior design, it has a wireless phone charger to charge your phone on the go without worrying. It has a Sirius XM radio for your entertainment.
For your navigation purpose, a Honda satellite-linked navigation system with voice recognition is available to help you not to lose track.
Main Differences Between Honda Passport and Pilot
- The Honda Passport offers two seating rows with a seating capacity of 5 adult people, whereas Honda Pilot offers three seating rows with a seating capacity of 7-8 passengers.
- Honda Pilot is bigger and larger compared to Honda Passport. The passport is approximately 5 inches smaller than the Pilot’s.
- Honda Passport is cheaper than Honda Pilot due to its smaller size. Some of the features in both SUVs are almost the same.
- The passport is equipped with LED fog lights which are not available in Pilot.
- Passport has a standard 8-inch display, whereas Pilot is equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen display.
- The cargo space in Passport has a capacity of 50.5 cubic feet, whereas Pilot has a cargo space of 55.9 cubic feet.
- As both the SUVs have a moonroof, the Pilot has a panoramic glass roof which is not seen in the Passport.
- According to the model, the Pilot is equipped with 18 or 20 inches wheels while every Passport is equipped with 20 inches wheels.
Last Updated : 13 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.