The food industry is growing day by day and reaching heights. McDonald’s and Burger King are very famous fast-food restaurants that are serving in this business for more than 50 years. While comparing these two famous brands, you will find various variations in their strategy and offerings. The weight of McDonald’s burger is comparatively lighter than burger king.
McDonald’s vs Burger King
The difference between McDonald’s and Burger King is that Mcdonald’s is one of the most famous fast-food restaurant chains in the United States. It is considered to have the highest market capitalization with more than 35,000 franchises worldwide in nearly 115 countries. On the contrary, Burger King is one of the chiefs and major competitors of Mcdonald’s and has more in content.
Mcdonald’s is one of the most famous fast-food restaurant corporations in America. It is founded in the year 1940 in California. It was started as a hamburger stand and then stand out as a franchise serving millions of people worldwide every day. Apart from cheeseburgers, hamburgers, and french fries, this American corporation is also famous for various chicken products.
Burger King is also an American-based fast-food restaurant chain that was founded in the year 1953. In 1953, this brand was started as Insta Burger King. Burger King added a whopper to their menu in the year 1957, and since then, it is the signature product of this brand. It is abbreviated as BKC and is currently one of the chief competitors of McDonald’s.
Comparison Table Between McDonald’s and Burger King
|Parameters of Comparison||McDonald’s||Burger King|
|Founders||Richard McDonald, Maurice McDonald||James McLamore, David Edgerton|
|Headquarters||Illinois, Chicago, and the United States||Florida, Miami, and United States|
|Brand Recognition||McDonald’s is more famous than Burger King.||It has comparatively less brand recognition than McDonald’s.|
|Services||It has comparatively slow customer service than Burger King.||The customer service of Burger King is faster and quicker.|
What is McDonald’s?
McDonald’s is one of the fastest-growing food corporations in America. First McDonald’s was established and founded in the year 1955 in California. This restaurant chain is founded by Richard McDonald, Maurice McDonald. Currently, it is considered one of the leading and largest revenue-generating brands worldwide and serving millions of people daily.
This food corporation brand is famous for hamburgers, but apart from this, it is also known for the cheeseburger, French fries, soft drinks, breakfast items, chicken products, desserts, and wraps. McDonald’s has more than 37,000 restaurants around the world. For brand recognition, this brand practices local division of their standardized menu to influence the customers worldwide.
By considering various factors, some people called McDonald’s a real state company as well because, in the world of business, this brand makes a lot more of its money by considering the land factor. Apart from the considerations, this company is making a reasonable profit and brand image for more than 50 years.
What is Burger King?
This amazing food restaurant brand was founded in the year 1953 with the name Insta Burger King and later on, it is renamed, Burger King. The offerings or the menu of this food brand is quite fascinating, with a diverse range of products. The major addition this brand made to its menu is the choice of Whooper which later become the signature product of Burger King.
After McDonald’s, Burger King is considered as second largest hamburger restaurant chain in America. This brand expanded outside the boundaries of the United States in the year 1963. As of the reports of 2018, this brand has nearly 18,000 outlets worldwide in around 100 countries. Burger King starts franchising in the year 1959 by using the regional model. By the end of the fiscal year 2013, this amazing brand ‘Burger King’ was the second-largest fast-food restaurant chain of hamburgers worldwide in several global locations.
Main Differences Between McDonald’s and Burger King
- The fast-food industry is rising at a rapid rate. McDonald’s and Burger King, both these food brands, are quite popular worldwide. Both these brands serve in hamburgers, but they have different journeys. Although McDonald’s and Burger King are American-based companies, McDonald’s was founded in the year 1955, while Burger King came into existence or was founded in the year 1954.
- McDonald’s and Burger King started their journey from the United States and have cut-throat competition with each other. McDonald’s was founded by Richard McDonald, Maurice McDonald, and Burger King were started by James McLamore, David Edgerton with ‘Insta-burger King’ which was later renamed as “Burger King’.
- Brand recognition plays a major role in the branding and sales growth of a company. The brand image or the brand recognition of McDonald’s is comparatively more than Burger King. But the Burger King always stands as a tough competitor for McDonald’s and stood second largest after McDonald’s.
- A diverse and wide range of products is offered by both of these brands. McDonald’s and Burger King both are started as hamburgers restaurant franchises. They make relevant changes in their menu as every country has its taste and preferences. Now, Burger King is significantly known for its whoopers.
- Customer services and other relevant offerings play a major role in brand recognition and help the buyer to make the best choice for themselves. The servicing criteria of both of these food-restaurant services franchises are different in their own respective way. Although people consider the services of Burger King comparatively faster than McDonald’s.
With the tremendous increase in the fast-food industry, the market value of food restaurants like McDonald’s and Burger King is also enhanced and influencing millions of people worldwide. Both of these restaurant franchises were started with hamburger selling and now presented a variety of food to the customers. You can pick any of these depending upon your worthiness and royalty towards the brand and, of course, your taste and preferences.