Many individuals working in the sector of engineering or corporate or marketing sector tend to make a lot of flowchart diagrams for their projects, numbers, surveys, presentations, etc. And while making perfect and accurate flow chart diagrams, they search through a lot of manual or online options for the purpose. So does, there have been many options available around, and Microsoft Visio and Lucidchart are two options among them helping the individuals for easy and perfect work.
Microsoft Visio vs Lucidchart
The difference between Microsoft Visio and Lucidchart is that the developers of the two software are completely different. Visio is developed by as given in the name that is Microsoft company whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the Lucidchart is developed by the Lucid Software organization. The user experience related to Visio is quite advanced, while for Lucidchart, it is easy and quick.
Microsoft Visio was initially introduced in the market in the year 1992 and was developed by the company Shapeware Corporation. But later on, in the year 2000, the Microsoft company acquired its full and final rights from them. The software provides a great user experience and possesses advanced tools, diagrams, and visualization.
Lucidchart is software that is developed by the company Lucid Software. And the software was released in the last decade, that is, in December 2008. The software is a web-based platform that allows its user to take advantage of the diagram, tools, charts, etc., in-built within the application.
Comparison Table Between Microsoft Visio and Lucidchart
|Parameters of Comparison||Microsoft Visio||Lucidchart|
|Developed By||Microsoft Company||Lucid Software|
|Released In||1992||December 2008|
|User Experience||Have advanced tools, diagrams, etc||Easy and quick to use|
|Collaborations||Simultaneous view of same documents||Simultaneous access to same documents|
|Supported By||Windows||Linux, Android, OS X, Windows|
|Integrations||Limited||Almost every other web application|
What is Microsoft Visio?
Microsoft Visio is a software application that was released in the year 1992. The initial release of the software was made by the real developers of the software that is Shapewear Corporation. But later on, the full and final rights of the software were acquired by the Microsoft Company in 2000.
The software is based on advanced tools, diagrams, charts, graphics, etc. The software application allows the users to work on the document simultaneously and don’t allow them to view the changes made in it. It is supported or says it is restricted to the said platform is Windows.
The integrations that are supported by the application are very limited. The pricing system of the application is in two terms that are free and paid. In the paid version there is two version – standard and professional. Also, it takes longer to get an update of the software.
What is Lucidchart?
Lucidchart is a software application that is based on web-based, and that was released in the year December 2008. The software was released by the organization Lucid Software. The experienced faced by the user shows that the application is seamlessly effortless to use. The new users can access the application even without login in.
The software application allows the users to work on the same document simultaneously, knowing about the changes made within it. Also, as the application is web-based thus, it can be excessed from anywhere and is supported by – Windows, Linux, OS X, Android, etc.
The integrations that are supported by the respective application are more than limited. It can collaborate with many applications that are known around like – GitHub, Slack, MS Office, etc. The pricing policy of the application is high, and it gets updated frequently to keep up with the features in the market.
Main Differences Between Microsoft Visio and Lucidchart
- The Visio software application is the one that is developed by the company Microsoft whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the software application Lucidchart is developed by the organization Lucid Software.
- The software Microsoft Visio was released initially back in the year 1992, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the software Lucidchart software application was released back in the last decade, that is December 2008.
- The user experience towards the application Microsoft Visio is that they provide quite advanced tools, diagrams, charts, etc., whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the user experience of software Lucidchart is quite easy to use.
- The collaborations that allow the Microsoft Visio to make is that a window of work can be used simultaneously view for the same document whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the collaborations that allow the software Lucidchart is that while working on a window it can be accessed simultaneously for the same document.
- The software application is supported or restricted only to Windows, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the Lucidchart application is supported by Windows, Linux, Android, and OS X.
- The integrations supported by the Microsoft Visio have a quite limited option whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the integrations supported by the Lucidchart are quite almost now and then applications that are modernly used like – Slack, Microsoft, GitHub, etc.
- The price of the software application Microsoft Visio is much less, and it does also have some features that can be excessed freely whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the price for the software application Lucidchart is more and the free version allows to use only about three diagrams or chart.
- Eventually, the software Microsoft Visio takes a longer time to get its new update while comparatively, on the other hand, the application Lucidchart often gets its update to keep up with the new upcoming features in the market.
To summarize the above discussion, it can be stated that the two software – Microsoft Visio and Lucidchart are top-notch applications in their field. The user experience for the application seems to make it clear as they are both perfect with their features and compatibility.
Although the application Microsoft Visio is limited only to Windows users, whereas the application Lucidchart is web-based thus, it can be used on any platform like – Android, OS X, Linux, Windows. The integrations provided by the software Microsoft Visio are very limited unlike, the software Lucidchart which can be integrated by now and then application used popularly in the market. For an overall rating and reviews, the Lucidchart software application is a recommended one.