Nowadays, smartphones are providing the most advanced features to users. Online payments are getting popular with the advancement in smartphones. Various companies launch their applications and wallet-based platforms to ease the transactions from one person to another. PayPal and Venmo are two such online payment platforms that are serving or used by millions of people worldwide to ease their transactions and payments. These platforms are used to electronically send or receive money from one another person.
PayPal vs Venmo
The main difference between PayPal and Venmo is that Paypal is an online payment platform that is widely used to send and receive money by using the internet. It is a convenient platform for transferring money to known ones, online shops etc. On the contrary, Venmo is a mobile application that is launched by considering the convenience of customers who purchase with authorized merchants or sellers.
Paypal is an online payment platform established in the year 1998. This platform is used to transfer money even abroad to your close ones or merchants. Any individual can transfer or send money by using your email address which is consequently linked to your personal Paypal account.
Venmo is also an online payment application that you can use to send or receive money. The amount is directly sanctioned to the bank account linked to the Venmo application. The money is transferred on business days and reviewed as well, which also results in delays. This effective application is used in the United States only.
Comparison Table Between PayPal and Venmo
|Parameters of Comparison||Paypal||Venmo|
|Availability||It is available worldwide. Nearly 200 countries are covered.||It is available in U.S. only.|
|Payment Method||Credit, Debit card, bank transfer, and PayPal funds||Credit, Debit card, bank transfer, and Venmo funds|
|Security||Data Encryption||Data Encryption|
|Withdrawal Timeframe||3-5 business days||1-3 business days|
|Best For||Paypal is majorly suitable and best for merchants or businesses||Venmo is best for everyday users or P2P|
What is PayPal?
PayPal is one of the popular online platforms which is launched in the year 1998 and specifically focuses on online commerce. This platform allows users to easily make payments by using online mode and its application. Any individual can use this platform by linking their bank account with PayPal. It is majorly used by various online merchants and e-commerce platforms.
PayPal has a one-touch feature that enables the users to shop from the merchants conveniently in just a few clicks. The payment or transfer methods of this platform include credit, debit card, bank transfer, and PayPal funds. The one-touch feature easily works on both desktop and mobile. Users can use this platform to deposit checks into their accounts.
What is Venmo?
Venmo is an online payment platform that is available in the United States only, and it is launched to send or transfer money to other Venmo users in a more convenient manner. The users can deposit a check in their linked Venmo account by simply taking its picture from the Venmo application.
Venmo is a merchant and e-commerce friendly application that is specifically designed for transferring money fast. No fee is charged for the debit card purchase and offered to the users to easily make the payments by scanning the QR code. Users can make the payment by using its application.
Main Differences Between PayPal and Venmo
- PayPal and Venmo are online payment platforms that are effectively used for receiving or sending money or making transactions. Both of these platforms are used effectively for making payments to merchants, e-commerce, and personal use as well. Although the reach and the availability of these applications create a major difference. PayPal is an available worldwide platform that is used by millions of people in nearly 200 countries. On the contrary, Venmo is available in the United States only.
- PayPal and Venmo are free-to-use platforms that anyone can use by simply registering themselves and linking their bank account. The card or the transaction fees of these platforms varies from one another. Payment or the transfer method of PayPal include credit, debit card, bank transfer, and PayPal funds. On the other side, the transfer method of Venmo is also similar to that of PayPal. The only difference is Venmo Funds.
- PayPal and Venmo have data encryption security to enhance the reliability of the users. These online payment platforms have their apps for better convenience services and data security of the users.
- The withdrawal frame somehow affects the financial activity of the users. Various platforms are available in the market with different withdrawal frames. In the case of PayPal, the withdrawal frame is comprised of 3-5 business days. While in Venmo, this withdrawal frame is consist of 1-3 business day.
- PayPal and Venmo are quite famous platforms that are commonly used for transferring money to merchants or for personal use. With variation in transfer limit, these platforms are launched for different purposes. PayPal is majorly used for businesses or merchants. On the contrary, Venmo is majorly used for personal or everyday use.
PayPal and Venmo both are reliable platforms and working continuously over the years to become full-featured. With enormous facilities and offerings, platforms like PayPal and Venmo are readily to replace bank accounts or banking services. Users can use any of these platforms according to their requirements or usability. If you are looking for simple services for transferring money or for personal and residing in the United States, then you can choose Venmo, which is designed specifically for sharing funds.
While on the other side, PayPal is preferred for the user who is looking for more flexibility and is majorly used by businesses or merchants worldwide and used nearly in 200 countries. It is important to be cautious while using and proceeding with the transactions and remember to vet people, especially merchants, thoroughly.
|AskAnyDifference Home||Click here|
Table of Contents