Python 2 vs Python 3
The difference between Python 2 and Python 3 is that the grammar of the python 2 coding language is quite complex and difficult to understand, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the grammar of the python 3 coding language is easy and more understandable. The python 2 languages usually don’t require a parenthesis for its print command, while comparatively, on the opposite hand, python 3 requires an extra pair of parenthesis for its print command.
Python 2 coding language is the heritage of computer programming. This language was released back two decades before that is in 2000. As it was the initial version, thus it was a bit complex one with some difficulties for understanding. This python 2 version doesn’t require a parenthesis function for its print command. Also, it does require defining the Unicode value with ‘’u’’ in it.
Python 3 coding language is the better version of the python language in computer programming. This language was released or launched in the year 2008. The python 3 grammar was easier and more understandable for the users or programmers. The coding language requires an additional parenthesis function for its print command.
Comparison Table Between Python 2 and Python 3
|Parameters of Comparison||Python 2||Python 3|
|General||More complex and difficult||Easy and understandable|
|Print Function||Doesn’t require parenthesis print “hi”||Does require parenthesis for its command print (“hi”)|
|Integer Division||The result of the two digits when divided is the nearest whole integer||The result of the division of the two integers is the perfect integer (may be whole or in decimal)|
|Unicode Support||It codes with “u” as a prefix as it uses ASCII characters being the default encoding.||Being versatile, Unicode is used|
|Xrange||It allows the function to repeat itself||It changes into range()|
|Exception||Enclosed in notation||Enclosed in parenthesis|
|Library||The libraries that are meant for python 2 are not forward-compatible||The libraries for python 3 are still being developed by the programmers, and the limitation for it is that they can only be used for python 3|
|Rules for Ordering Comparison||Complex||Simple|
What is Python 2?
Python 2 coding language was released in the year 2000, and it was created by BeOpen Python Labs Team. The main objective or the sole purpose behind creating it was to make it understandable for the average person. Despite that, python 2 is a bit complex and difficult for programmers to understand. Also, in the year 2020, the latest version of python 2 was released that python 2.7, which is going to be the last update in the series.
There have been numerous libraries created by the programmers for python 22, but they aren’t forward-compatible. The Unicode system or strings that are supported by the Python 2 are the ASCII character that is a default in them. The divisibility function results in the nearest whole number.
What is Python 3?
Python 3 coding language was released in the year 2008, and it was the better version with the newest and improved functions. The sole purpose behind creating python 3 was to make it more compatible with the upgrade versions that it is forward-compatible. Also, it has the function of doing things in just a single way, unlike Python 2.
The python 3 coding language is easier and simpler to learn and understand by the new programmers. The function of divisibility of integers is quite accurate. The print function requires an additional parenthesis to work while also denoting any exceptions parenthesis is required. It uses the most versatile Unicode as its default character.
Main Differences Between Python 2 and Python 3
- Python 2 coding language was released back two decades ago in the year 2000, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, python 3 coding language was released in the year 2008.
- Being the initial language, python 2 is quite more complicated to understand by the programmers that have just started to learn, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the python 3 coding language is a bit easier and more understandable for beginner programmers.
- Python 2 coding language doesn’t require an additional print function feature (example-print “hi”) whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the python 3 coding language requires an additional print function of parenthesis for it [example- print (“hi”)].
- While using Python 2, when two integers are divided like – 3/2, then the result will be the nearest whole number that is 1 and not the 1.5 while comparatively, on the other hand, while using python 3, when two integers are divided, the result of the fraction is the actual number.
- Unicode is the language that is standardized by the international system for encoding characters, and for python 2, it must be used with an “u” as a prefix because the language uses ASCII characters, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, Python 3 supports the Unicode characters.
- The xrange function in python 2 coding language has a unique feature that it allows the function to concurrently repeat itself while comparatively, on the other hand, the xrange function of the python 3 coding language is that it changes into range().
- The exceptions to be made in the python 2 languages are to be enclosed in notations while comparatively, on the other hand, the exceptions that are to be made in the python 3 coding language are to be enclosed in the parenthesis function.
- There have been libraries made for the python 2 coding language that is not forward-compatible, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, libraries for python 3 coding language are being created by the programmers or software engineers, but the limitation for them is that is they can be only used for python 3.
- The rules for ordering comparison in python 2 coding language are complex and difficult while comparatively, on the other hand, the rules for ordering comparison in python 3 coding language are simple and easy.
Python is one of the computer programming languages that is developed by software engineers. It is a common and easy language that is used to develop web applications, software development, web scripting, etc. The decision of choosing the python 2 versions of the python 3 version may be somewhat difficult for beginners. Both of them might share similarities based on their functionality but still have many differences in their work. The release of the versions that took place at different times is python 2 released in 2000 while python 3 gets its release in 2008. Python 2 supports the earlier ASCII characters that require a prefix “u” while python 3 supports Unicode encoding characters.