Staying fit and healthy is of prime importance in today’s world. Several energetic activities help one stay healthy and keep one’s immunity perfect.
Table of Contents
These activities could either be walking, strolling, swimming, cycling, jogging, exercising, or meditating. Two more important activities are Skipping and Running. They help strengthen our immune system and keep our bodies healthy.
Skipping vs Running
The main difference between skipping and running is that the former burns more calories in a specific time interval. On the other hand, the latter burns slightly fewer calories as compared to skipping in that same interval of time. In 10 minutes skipping helps us burn 140 calories whereas in a period of 10 minutes running helps us burn 125 calories.
Skipping is also referred to as jump rope. It is an amazing cardio workout. The exercise helps shape one’s muscles, tone their body, and get rid of excess fat.
It burns a lot of calories in just a few minutes. Skipping could approximately burn 200 to 240 calories in 20 minutes.
Running is a common outdoor activity that is practiced by kids, adults, teenagers, and senior citizens. It strengthens the heart muscles, lung muscles, and legs.
This energetic activity helps burn a lot of kilojoules. There are several running activities like a crisscross relay, wacky laps, red light, green light, and sharks and minnows.
Comparison Table Between Skipping and Running
|Parameters Of Comparison||Skipping||Running|
|Definition||It is an activity that involves jumping over a rope that is held on both sides.||It is an activity that involves moving fast from one place to another on foot.|
|Types||Skipping can involve side swing skipping, alternative foot jump skipping, etc.||Running can involve recovery run, speed work, etc.|
|Calories Burnt||One can lose 315 to 500 calories by skipping for half an hour.||One can lose 200 to 250 calories by running for half an hour.|
|Benefit||Skipping helps enhance heart and lung condition.||Running helps strengthen and improve bone health.|
|Famous Personalities||Tori Boggs is a famous jump roper who is a world record holder.||Jessica Alba is one of the famous and best runners of all time.|
What is Skipping?
Skipping is an energetic workout that helps one burn a lot of calories. It is a quite enthusiastic workout that requires a lot of energy and strength.
This activity involves a jump rope that is held on both sides and jumped over multiple times.
Skipping has several ways or forms like:
- Side Swing skipping
- Toad skipping
- From back-cross skipping
- Alternate foot jump skipping
- Criss-cross skipping
- Boxer jump skipping
- Basic jump skipping or way jump skipping
Several popular and famous athletes specialized in the art of skipping. A few of these athletes are:
- Cen Xiaolin
- Tori Boggs
- Lauren Flymen
- Floyd Mayweather
- Joey Motsay
- Jake Paul
- Molly Metz
Skipping serves us with several benefits and advantages. Son of these advantages are:
- It enhances one’s stamina and immune system.
- Skipping helps increase one’s glow and also reduces face fat.
- This exercise enhances and improves the stage condition of our heart and lungs.
- It strengthens one’s bone muscle and leg muscles.
- The skipping activity is quite energetic and increases our concentration power.
Skipping burns a heavy amount of calories in a specific interval of time. Skipping burns 100 calories in 10 minutes, 300 calories in 15 minutes, and 300 to 450 calories in half an hour.
What is Running?
Running is an athletic activity that is widely practiced by several people across the globe. It enhances one’s life expectancy and health condition. Running has been declared as one of the most accessible spirit activities.
Running has a positive effect on the following:
- Cardiovascular activities
- Metabolic activities
- Mental activities
Excessive and high-intensity running can lead to several health problems. A few of these problems are listed below:
- Medial Tibial stress syndrome
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Plica Syndrome
- Patellofemoral Pain syndrome
- Patellar tendinopathy
- Achilles Tendinitis
Running has several or various kinds of advantages and benefits. These benefits are:
- It strengthens muscles and cardiovascular health.
- Running is a weight-bearing exercise that helps improve bone strength.
- It helps keep one’s weight under control.
- This exercise enhances our physical and mental stability.
- It helps one relieve stress and build strong leg muscles.
Several famous and popular runners in the world are appreciated for their great amazing running ability. All these famous runners belong to different traditions, cultures, countries, cities, religions, and ethics. A few of the most famous and renowned runner’s names are listed/ given below:
- Usain Bolt
- Paula Radcliffe
- Florence Griffith Joyner
- Carl Lewis
- Mo Farah
- Galen Rupp
- Molly Huddle
Main Differences Between Skipping and Running
- Skipping involves a jump rope while on the other hand, running does not involve any tool.
- Skipping strengthens our cardiovascular health while on the other hand, running strengthens our bones and leg muscles.
- Skipping could make you lose 15 to 20 calories in a minute while on the other hand, running could make you lose 11 to 11.5 calories in a minute.
- Tori Boggs is a famous athlete in skipping while on the other hand, Jessica Alba is a popular runner.
- Skipping involves the engagement of the buttocks while on the other hand, running involves leg muscles.
Skipping and running are two of the most effective and efficient workout exercises that help one get in shape. These exercises are quite popular and famous among adults and teenagers.
Several brands manufacture special costumes and outfits for these energetic exercises.
Skipping is famous in several countries. Tori Boggs has earned a world champions trophy and world record title in jump rope for being an amazing skipping athlete. It might even be added to the Olympics.
Running is a high-energy workout. It varies in intensity, time, and miles. Jessica Alba has been awarded one of the greatest runners titles. Both the exercises are very different from each other.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️