People are becoming very cruel nowadays; humanity is lost between the lust for money and being rich. No one trusts each other. Therefore, the security of important things has become a topic of concern. And what is more important than the house we live in. The proper measure must be taken to maintain the security of the house or any building from any person with wrong intentions (thieves or criminals).
Few tools are installed to make sure this, which includes Video Doorbell and Security Camera. Both of them are installed so that every person entering or leaving the house/building should be recorded. And none unknown person enters the house without permission.
Video Doorbell vs Security Camera
The main difference between a video doorbell and a security camera is that a video doorbell is placed at the solid surface and works as a bell and records the video, whereas a security camera is placed at a corner higher and has the only function of recording the video. Both of them are different based on placement, versatility, security, and the quality of video they provide.
Video Doorbell is a device placed at the door. It sends a notification by using the wifi to the smartphone if a person is near the door. It sends the recording or image of that person, and only if allowed by the owner that person can enter the building. This type of security device is generally used in houses.
A security camera is a camera used for security purposes that records the video. This device tends to record high-quality video covering every angle and large area. It is very less likely to be noticed by anyone due to its placement at height. These are mostly used by the shopkeepers and big buildings for security.
Comparison Table Between Video Doorbell and Security Camera
|Parameters of Comparison||Video Doorbell||Security Camera|
|Security||Less secure||More secure|
|Functions||Have more functions||Only record the footage|
|Versatile||Less versatile||More versatile|
|Quality||Low quality of the video.||Provide more quality video|
What is Video Doorbell?
It is the device for security that alerts the owner if anyone tries to enter the building/home. This device is being used most recently, and the reason is that you don’t need to go anywhere to find who is trying to enter the home.
Advantages of Video Doorbell
- Versatility: Video Doorbells are versatile as it has more than one function. It is a bell that notifies if anyone comes near, and it also notifies who wants to enter the home.
- Security Level: it is much secured as it immediately informs the owner with the picture or video of the visitor.
- Easily installed: it can be easily installed by anyone on special equipment, or training is required for the installation process.
Disadvantages of Video Doorbell
- Easily accessible: it is placed at the front. Therefore, it can be seen by everyone. Therefore it is very easy to have access to it and can be stolen or tampered with easily.
- Limited application: its application is very limited as it can only be installed at the front door or near the front door.
- Monthly Subscriptions: a monthly subscription has to be paid sometime to maintain the doorbell.
What is Security Camera?
A security camera is a video recording device installed at a height to recording every moment. They are being used for a very long time and are preferred for large buildings mostly. They are a little bit costly, but the quality is of the video they provide with all the other advantages they are worth it.
Advantages of Security Camera
- Versatile: they are considered to be more versatile than anyone security device as they can be placed anywhere at a height. They cover a larger area with every angle at which they can swing or rotate 180 degrees sometimes.
- More secure: as it can be installed anywhere, they are mostly installed where none can see them easily. And this makes them a more secure option than any other.
- Quality of video: their main function is the record the footage only. Therefore they provide the video footage with the best quality.
Disadvantages of Security Camera
- Harder to install: security camera can be a little hard or difficult to install.
- Cannot provide immediate information: unlike video doorbells, they do not provide any immediate information.
Installing a security camera is a safer option as if anyone tries to enter the building or house, they will notice the camera and will be caught later on.
Main Differences Between Video Doorbell and Security Camera
- If a compared security camera is more secure as they are placed mostly at a certain height or where they are not easily visible, they cannot easily tamper, but video doorbell is placed at the door, therefore, can be tampered much easily and is less secure.
- Video doorbells have more than the function of recording, such as they notify via smartphone if someone is close to the door, whereas security cameras mainly serve the function of recording the video.
- Security Cameras are more versatile and adjustable as they can be placed at any corner of the building, but it is not the same with the video doorbell as they are stuck or placed at a wall or some solid surface.
- Security Cameras are more affordable with the all their quality whereas doorbell is more expensive.
- Security Camera provides high quality of footage as its only purpose is to record the video, whereas, in comparison, doorbell provides low-quality video.
- Security Cameras can cover large areas with various angles, while video doorbells cannot do this, they are limited to certain angles and areas.
Despite all the differences, they have a similarity of being a device for the security of the building. Every building nowadays at least has a security camera, as it has become a necessity where theft and booty are very common. As crime is increasing, so does the smartness of the criminal.
These security devices sometimes are not useful as they are supposed to be. They cannot catch every part of the houses or buildings that have certain limitations too. And the main is not every person can afford them. Despite all this, it is always safe to take precautions.
|AskAnyDifference Home||Click here|
Table of Contents