Hair removal is not limited to women nowadays. Even males prefer to remove their hair sometimes. And this process is not done on any particular occasion. It is a normal thing taking place every day. Some even consider removing hair as a process of maintaining hygiene, although actually it is a personal choice.
There are various methods used for removing hair, such as hair removal creams, razors, wax, epilator, etc. Razors and creams are methods that do not cause any pain, and hair is removed from the surface only, but in Epilator and Waxing in both, hair is removed from the roots. And this is the reason they are misinterpreted sometimes as the same.
Epilator vs Waxing
The main difference between Epilator and Waxing is that epilator includes an electronic device for the hair removal process, but Waxing includes hot wax and strips. Both of them remove hair from their roots but still different in terms of cost, after effects, and the process. Also, for waxing, hair should not be very long, but with an epilator length of hair can be 1/8 inch maximum.
Epilator is the electronic device used for the process of removing hair from its roots (also known as epilation). It is considered best for the large parts of the body. It removes every single hair on the body, and it takes two weeks approximately to grow them back.
Waxing is the process of removing hair from roots by using hot or cold wax and strips. It is preferred for every part of the body, and women often use this method for removing hair from the bikini area. It is considered easy and friendly.
Comparison Table Betweeb Epilator and Waxing
|Parameters of Comparison||Epilator||Waxing|
|Process||The Device that plucks the hair.||Wax is applied and then pulled off with the hair.|
|Benefit||Short hair is also removed.||Skin is exfoliated|
|Side Effects||Redness, itching, bumps||Allergy, bumps, redness|
|Recommend for skins||All type of skin||All types of skin except sensitive skin.|
|Cost||$20 to $100||$30 to $70|
What is Epilator?
An electronic device used for removing hair is called an epilator. It removes the hair as it glides over the skin. Important things to consider while using an epilator include:
- Always use it for 4-5 hours as it can lead to redness and bumps.
- Use moisturizer afterwards.
- Move the device slowly.
Benefits of an epilator:
- It gives smoother skin as it removes the tiniest hair.
- Hair does not grow back for at least two weeks minimum and a maximum of 4 weeks.
- It can be used for every part of the body but is most prefers for the larger parts.
It has all the advantages but is still avoided sometimes as it can lead to intense pain and bumps on the body. In fact, if the device is moved faster, then it is more likely to just break the hair and not pluck it from its roots. There are some epilators specially designed for removing facial hair.
It can be used for even sensitive skin as no lotion, or allergic thing is applied before or after using the epilator and also does not darken the skin, making it more users friendly.
What is Waxing?
The process of removing body hair by using wax is known as waxing. The things required for this process are cold or hot wax and strips (a piece of hard cloth). The steps of waxing include:
- It is considered best if the body part is completely dry before applying wax.
- Then cold or hot wax is applied to the area.
- In the case of cold wax, it is pulled after drying, and in the case of hot wax, as the wax is applied along with it, the piece of cloth is also applied on it and pressed and pulled off in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- When this process is complete, moisturizer should be applied to the area.
Advantages of waxing:
- It is the best way or removing thick hair.
- The result lasts for a long period.
- Hair is removed from the roots.
- Hair grown afterwards is competitively softer.
- When thinking about the long term, it is very affordable.
- Do not darken the skin like creams.
Disadvantages of waxing:
- It can lead to redness and itching.
- A particular wax can cause an allergy to a person.
- There is a chance of skin getting burnt.
- It can cause intense pain and little bleeding sometimes.
Main Differences Between Epilator and Waxing
- Epilator is an electronic device that is glided over the skin in the opposite direction of hair growth, then the device plucks out the hair, and waxing is the process in which hot or cold wax is applied to the skin, and after certain minutes it is pulled off in the opposite direction of hair growth. In the case of hot wax, after applying wax strips are also applied to it to remove it.
- Epilator has the advantage that it can be used for even short hair that cannot be removed by using waxing.
- Side effects of epilator are redness, itching, swelling, or bumps, but in waxing, along with all these side effects, more effects such as allergy, burns, infections, ingrown hair, etc., can be found.
- Epilator can be used on any skin type, but waxing is not recommended for sensitive skin and for the person who is having any hormone problem or taking any medicine.
- Epilators can cost around $20 to $100 depending on the quality and the company, whereas the cost of waxing mostly depends on the area you are waxing, which can cost around $30 to $70.
Therefore it is very much clear how both are used for the same purpose but are not the same. Nowadays, it is done on a daily basis. Some people consider it as the process of being hygienic that is correct in some way, but having hair does not imply that the person is not hygienic. It is a choice whether they want to remove it or not.
And those who choose to remove them use different methods, among which the least or less painless is the shaving and the cream. Both of these methods do not cause any pain. But their disadvantage is that hair starts growing back the next day of shaving, and creams often make the area or part of that body dark.
|AskAnyDifference Home||Click here|
Table of Contents