- Release Date: ChatGPT was released by Anthropic in November 2022. Google Bard was announced in February 2023 but has not been officially launched yet.
- Data Training: ChatGPT was trained on data through 2021. Google Bard will likely have more up-to-date information when released.
- Capabilities: Both are AI conversational agents that can generate human-like text. Initial reviews suggest ChatGPT has more natural language capabilities while Google Bard excels at searching the web for direct answers. More comparisons will be possible once Bard is publicly available.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI model that has been developed by OpenAI and is based on GPT-3.5 architecture. It has two models that are GPT-3.5 and GPT-4.0, based on the LLM, the Large Language Model.
ChatGPT is designed in such a way that it can mimic the human conversationalist and can be an alternative to human resources. ChatGPT has varied applications such as answering questions, chatbots, data analysis, generating and summarizing text, and much more.
What is Google Bard?
Google Bard is also an AI model developed by the company Google. The word Bard stands for Binary Augmented Retro-Framing. It was released in March 2023 and is based on LaMDA technology, i.e., Language Model for Dialogue Applications.
The responses of the AI are mainly in a search format, and they are more specific and accurate. The source of information is the internet itself for Google Bard.
Difference Between ChatGPT and Google Bard
- OpenAI develops ChatGPT; on the other hand, Google Bard is developed by the company Google.
- The ChatGPT is defined as an AI language that responds using GPT technology. While at the same time, Google Bard is defined as an AI language that responds using the Language Model for Dialogue Application (LaMDA) technology.
- The AI ChatGPT was released on 30 November 2022, whereas on the other hand, the AI Google Bard was released on 21 March 2023.
- The AI ChatGPT uses the Generative Pre-Trained Transformer (GPT) technology. In contrast, Google Bard uses the Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA) as its technology.
- ChatGPT has an in-built plagiarism checker, which means the responses generated are plagiarism-free. Comparatively, on the other hand, Google Bard does not have any in-built plagiarism checker in it.
- The responses given by the ChatGPT are based on the information till the data 2021. Compared to this, the responses given by Google Bard are based on real-time queries and information.
- The nature of responses produced by ChatGPT is in text messages format. While considering Google Bard, the nature of responses is mainly in a search format.
- The advantage or strength of ChatGPT is that it provides an effective crisp text response. In contrast, the advantage of Google Bard is that it effectively generates specific and accurate responses.
- There are very few chances or probability of customization in ChatGPT; unlike this, Google Bard can be more customizable.
- ChatGPT offers both free and premium services. In premium services, the responses are given based on the latest information. At the same time, Google Bard has offered free services to users till now.
- The source of information of ChatGPT is the feed data in it. On the other hand, the source of information on Google Bard is the information on the internet.
- The varied application of ChatGPT is – answering questions, chatbots, data analysis, generating and summarizing the text, and much more. While on the other hand, the varied application of Google Bard is – the explanation of topics, chatbots, automating tasks, answering questions, etc.
Comparison Between ChatGPT and Google Bard
|Parameter of Comparison||ChatGPT||Google Bard|
|Definition||An AI language that responds using the GPT technology||An AI language that responds using the (Language Model for Dialogue Applications) LaMDA technology|
|Release Date||30 November 2022||21 March 2023|
|Technology Used||Generative Pre-Trained Transformer (GPT)||Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA)|
|Plagiarism Checker||Built-in checker in it||No built-in checker present|
|Responses||The responses are based on the information till the data of 2021||The responses are based on real-time queries and information|
|Nature of response||Text messages||Search|
|Advantage||Effective in giving responses in a crisp text response||Effective in generating specific and accurate responses|
|Price||Free and also have a premium subscription plan with the latest information||Free|
|Source of Information||The feed data||Information on the internet|
|Applications||Answering questions, chatbots, data analysis, generating and summarizing the text, and much more||Explanation of topics, chatbots, automating tasks, answering questions, etc|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.