ATL marketing which means Above The Line Marketing is a type of marketing that has a very wide approach and it is mainly unfocused. This term means that the exposure is going to be installed around a larger focused viewer, e.g. radio, television, etc.
Table of Contents
BTL marketing which means Below The Line Marketing is a type of marketing that focuses mainly on specific groups of individuals. This kind of marketing is widely used for transformations and straight-forward reply.
ATL vs BTL Marketing
The difference between the terms ATL and BTL is the mode of transmission used and the delegation demanded by the marketing organization which is of utmost importance to have knowledge of that what is perfect and suitable for your brand or the company.
|Parameter of Comparison||ATL||BTL|
|Concept||ATL means Above The Line Marketing where the ATL is required with electronic media strategies to attack an extensive customer.||BTL means Below The Line Marketing. In BTL, the organization attack a compact but a determined bunch of audiences.|
|Medium of marketing||Televisions, Radio, Internet, OOH, Printing Media, etc.||Trade Shows, mail campaigns, sampling, sponsorship, catalogs.|
|Main Objective||The main objective of ATL is to create a unique and popular brand identity and demonstrate brand recognition.||The main objective of BTL is to initiate with dealing and trading processes.|
|Cost||ATL marketing is very much costly.||BTL marketing is not much costly if compared to ATL.|
|Method of Communication||ATL follows the one-step communication procedure.||BTL follows the two-step communication procedure.|
What is ATL Marketing?
ATL which is called Above The Line Marketing uses the ordinary and regular medium of marketing that spreads the organization’s identity and awareness to the audiences at a higher level. They have their main goal to strengthen the support for the brand and also to conveying of proper knowledge and information regarding the product they are selling to produce a proper response from the customers and the audiences.
The speech used for divulgence and message creation is used so that the audiences and the customers can easily understand the brand and can have trust with it. ATL marketing strategies are influenced at a huge and a massive level to cover a large-scale audience and customers.
The main focus of ATL marketing is to form up a unique brand identity and represent and spread the awareness of the brand at a macro level to audiences and customers. The organizations including the Business to Consumer institutes mainly adopt and practice the ATL marketing to create a good brand identity with many positive responses from the audiences and customers.
What is BTL Marketing?
BTL which is also called Below The Line Marketing uses straight-forward marketing projects so that the organization practicing BTL can create a good and targeted relationship and win the trust of the audiences and the customers. BTL also provides the organization a simplicity in assessing success rate and all the transformations.
BTL type of marketing is irregular and unorthodox and is implemented and influenced at the basic and small level because its target is on a particular group on the foundation of engrossment. The organizations practicing BTL indulge themselves in a particular influencing and straight-forward method of communication to create an impactful product and create a good awareness of it at a macro and massive level.
The main focus of the BTL marketing is to generate leads and create a trustful relationship with the audiences and the customers. BTL medium of marketing includes trade shows, mail campaigns, sponsorships, gift vouchers, telemarketing, exhibition, catalogs, text marketing, etc.
Main Differences Between ATL and BTL Marketing
- ATL marketing is defined as a heap advancement project that is mainly used for creating brand identity and recognition whereas BTL marketing is a focused enhancement activity that is used to instigate direct communication with a specific bunch of individuals.
- ATL medium of marketing includes Television, Radio, print media, Internet, OOH, etc to represent a brand and its identity at a macro level and create awareness among the customers whereas, BTL medium of marketing includes mail campaigns, telemarketing, sponsorships, exhibition, gift vouchers, etc which focuses on a particular kind of audiences and customers.
- In ATL marketing, the cost and the expenses are very much expensive if we compare it with BTL marketing where the cost and expenses are not that much expensive.
- ATL marketing handle audiences’ responses and doubts whereas BTL marketing expands the extremity of trading and dealing with transactions.
- ATL marketing strategies are very much useful when the target is to build up strong brand identity and its recognition among customers and audiences whereas BTL marketing strategies are used to develop strong and positive relationships and connections with the audiences and customers.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️