Email marketing – one of the most highly useful digital marketing tactics nowadays used by digital marketers of different companies, where emails are being sent to prospects and customers.
Converting prospects into customers or turning buyers into your fans, can be taken as an example of a successful email marketing.
To begin with this, one needs a platform which can organise and customise emails, and also manage other various things for effective marketing of emails.
Similarly, AWeber and Constant Contact are two of the prominent players in the industry. However, there’s a thin line where one gets superior from the other.
- AWeber is typically considered to have better email automation features than Constant Contact.
- Constant Contact is generally considered to have better customer support than AWeber.
- AWeber is typically more affordable than Constant Contact for businesses with many subscribers.
AWeber vs Constant Contact
AWeber has a more user-friendly interface, making it easier for beginners to create and manage email campaigns. Constant Contact offers more advanced features for businesses looking to create more complex campaigns. AWeber offers 24/7 customer support, unlike Constant Contact.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
|Parameters of Comparisons||AWeber||Constant Contact|
|Contact Management||It allows to enter contacts manually or copy and paste information.||It allows to enter contacts manually, copy and paste information, upload files in formats like XLS, XLSX, TXT or CSV, also via third-party source – Gmail and Outlook.|
|De-duping Service||It does not offer the service of de-duping but has the feature that automatically unsubscribes contacts who opt for the option.||It maintains to keep your contact list clean by de-duping email addresses.|
|Email Editor||Its email editor provides over 700 templates with stock image gallery.||Its email editor has hundreds of templates with easy personalise system. It also provides image library and stock image gallery.|
|List Segmentation||It allows to segregate contacts in unlimited groups and later to use them in broadcast emails with the facility to add tags automatically.||It segregates contacts into groups by just clicking and dragging it.|
|Tracking Tools||It provides excellent tracking tools facility which follows open and clicks rates, bounce rate, signup method, email open location and also email activities.||Its tracking tools follow open and click rates, bouncing and unsubscribe rates.|
|Split Testing||Its split testing option allows one with four different factors to check each email’s performance.||Its split testing option is only available for Email Plus users and is restricted to the only subject line.|
What is AWeber?
AWeber is just another email marketing application that allows its users to create a list of emails and keep a record onto it. It also designs newsletters for the mails that are to be sent to the subscribers.
It has an option called ‘autoresponder’ that automates emails for marketing with providing statistics on the emails sent for marketing campaigns.
Talking about its key features, AWeber can host and also import the list of mails with a wide range of templates as well as autoresponders.
Other features the application includes are some basic marketing functions, A good responsive email designs, reporting, split testing, landing page builder facility, RSS. Additional facilities for better service are phone, email and live chat support with integration to third-party apps.
What is Constant Contact?
Situated in Waltham, Constant Contact is an email marketing company, based online. Its other offices are in Loveland and New York.
Constant Contact has a bundle of features which makes email that proves to stand out on any device. Its email editor has various templates and gives an option to customise and design the emails.
It has an email tracking tool which helps to see the overall development or movement of mails sent to the target audience. With all these, Constant Contact also gives the facility of offline and online seminars to help its customers to improve marketing efforts.
Its supported operating systems include – Windows Vista, Mac OS, Web browser (OS agnostic), Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Main Differences Between AWeber and Constant Contact
- AWeber is mostly associated with freelancer, bloggers and small businesses that aim to hike their lists of email. Whereas, Constant Contact is for small to medium businesses that focus to grow their email lists and also their marketing strategy.
- AWeber allows to enter contacts manually or copy and paste information. On the other hand, Constant Contact allows to enter contacts manually, copy and paste information, upload files in formats like XLS, XLSX, TXT or CSV, also via third-party source – Gmail and Outlook.
- AWeber does not offer the service of de-duping but has the feature that automatically unsubscribes contacts who opt for the option. Whereas, Constant Contact maintains to keep your contact list clean by de-duping email addresses.
- AWeber provides excellent tracking tools facility which follows open and clicks rates, bounce rate, signup method, email open location and also email activities. Whereas, Constant Contact tracking tools follow open and click rates, bouncing and unsubscribe rates.
- AWeber allows to segregate contacts in unlimited groups and later to use them in broadcast emails with the facility to add tags automatically. Whereas, Constant Contact segregates contacts into groups by just clicking and dragging it.
- AWeber’s email editor provides over 700 templates with stock image gallery. Whereas, Constant Contact’s email editor has hundreds of templates and also provides an image library with stock image gallery.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.