An article and blog have two different writing styles. An article is used for spreading knowledge about different discoveries or news to people. Blogs, on the other hand, are written mostly for marketing purpose. They are written in the way that the audience point of view and their questions are answered by the blog.
Blog vs Article
The difference and the most visible one we see between an article and blog is that the word limit for an article can exceed even to 1000+ words whereas for a blog it’s preferred to have a limit of 300 words to 1000 words. More than that isn’t considered to be a decent blog.
A blog uses a very casual style of language to talk to the readers. Its used to express an opinion of the writer as well and also speaks the mind of the readers. In fact, blogs are now a very common creative writing for various social media accounts including Instagram and Facebook, etc.
An article writing uses a very formal and sophisticated way to convey its message to the readers. Most of the articles are written to increase knowledge about a certain topic.
Comparison Table Between Article and Blog
|Parameters of Comparison||Article||Blog|
|Word limit||It should have a word limit above 1000+ words.||It can have a word limit above 300 but less than 1000 words|
|Writing style||They have to be lengthy and detailed and should be explanatory||They can be short or long depending on the topic that it is written about.|
|Keywords||Keywords aren’t so important in articles and it basically uses a sophisticated writing style.||Keywords are important in blogs and they mostly use a casual style of writing.|
|Arrangement||Articles are mostly arranged by their categories and the genre that they follow||Blogs don’t depend on any kind of category and that are arranged chronologically|
|Publishing||An editor and reviewer are supposed to verify the article before publishing||It can publish by the writer and therefore does not need any approval of editor and reviewer|
What is an article?
An article is a very formal way of writing for a particular topic in a sophisticated manner. Articles are mostly written with a word limit of 500 to 1000+ words. They are written to spread news and debate topics, etc. Mostly article writing is considered to be long and self-explanatory type.
Articles are written with by doing various researches and interviews and are fact based. They are SEO optimized and depend on editor and reviewer teams to verify before publishing. An article, unlike blog doesn’t require to be updated as frequently. Mostly articles are written in a second- person or third- person style.
There main focus does not depend on keywords as well. Having a very sophisticated style they become very easy to understand.
What is Blog?
Blogs have a very casual way of writing. They mostly need a word limit of 300 to 1000 words. More than 1000 words is not considered a good way of writing the blog. They are also not dependent on any editor or reviewer for approving what they publish. Keywords although play a very major role in a blog. They tend to play a significant role in their writing.
They are written in first person style and are short or long depending on the topic they represent. They are also not based on any kind of research or interviews as they are written with given tips and opinions of the certain individual.
The writer of the blog uses his own opinions and insights to highlight the topic it talks about and they also have to be frequently updated.
They are also mostly run by an individual or a very small group. It uses a very informal way of writing and sticks to the given topic. Unlike articles, blogs are arranged chronologically for users to read.
Main Differences Between Article and Blog
- The main and the most visible difference between an article and a blog is the word limit. While an article is written with a limit of 1000+ words, blogs have a limit of more than 300+ but less than 1000 words.
- An article has to be lengthy and self-explanatory. It is written in a detailed form and in a sophisticated manner. Blogs have to be short or long depending on the topic it is written on. They are written in a casual manner and in the first-person style.
- An article does not require frequent use of keywords in it unlike a blog that is required to use the keyword frequently in order to be with the topic.
- An article needs to have an editor and a publisher to make it available to read and is then arranged by categories and then the genre. A blog can be published by the writer on its own. It doesn’t depend on an editor or publisher.
- Article and blog also seem to have a clear difference in their writing styles. An article is written in the form of a second-person or third-person style and has to be formal. Blogs are written in first person and are pretty informal. They are written casually and different from an article that requires data and research to be written.
Seeing from inside the box, article and blog seem to have similarities but it can be seen that they have a lot of differences that can be pointed out using many parameters.
The way the two formats are written vary on many categories. Articles have a writing in second- person or third- person form. It depends on researches and data but blog is written in first- person form and is written without any kind of research. It is written by wither a personal opinion or an agenda of that certain individual.
In conclusion, both the writing styles of the two writings are very different and it isn’t as easy to understand the differences as it is considered to be.
Table of Contents