People are now opting for a streaming box instead of a smart TV since smart TVs aren’t as sophisticated as they once were. When compared to cable TV or smart TVs, the streaming box offers several benefits.
- Chromecast is a streaming device that connects to a TV’s HDMI port and allows users to stream content from their mobile devices or computers, while Apple TV is a set-top box that connects to a TV and offers access to various apps and services.
- Chromecast is less expensive than Apple TV, making it a more budget-friendly option, while Apple TV offers more features and a more comprehensive user experience.
- Chromecast is compatible with a wider range of devices than Apple TV, including Android and iOS.
Chromecast vs Apple TV
Chromecast works with the Google ecosystem and hence is compatible only with Android and Google services, while Apple TV works with the Apple ecosystem and is compatible only with iOS devices. Chromecast doesn’t come with remote control, but Apple TV does. Chromecast is cheaper than Apple TV.
Because the mobile device’s resources aren’t required for the streaming operation, the battery isn’t being depleted as much.
Apple TV is an Apple product that was created with Apple users in mind. Apple TV was created to bring the Apple experience to a bigger screen.
|Parameters of Comparison
|It’s shaped like a USB drive.
|It is intended to be used as a set-top box.
|The phone acts as a remote control.
|There was a touchpad on the remote, as well as twin microphones.
|All applications should be supported.
|Any IOS-compatible app
|Based on a phone, tablet, or computer
|Voice and remote control
|The price of chromcast device is 2594rs
|The price of an Apple TV device is 13267rs
What is Chromecast?
The Chromecast is a little finger-sized gadget that connects in 2 ports on your TV: an HDMI and a USB, from which it gets the necessary power.
An unsupported program will not be able to stream music or video. Google-created apps (such as YouTube) will operate regardless of whether you have an iOS or Android smartphone.
Other services are less well supported: you may send material to a Chromecast from Netflix on an iOS device, but many other iOS apps will not function.
Some Android smartphones running Android KitKat or later (as well as most PCs) support screencasting, which mirrors the device’s screen on the TV.
What is Apple TV?
The Apple TV is primarily intended to be used as a standalone media player. The tiny, puck-shaped box comes with its processor and power source, and it connects to your TV through HDMI.
Casting capability does not need to be integrated into the app as it does with Chromecast. AirPlay is embedded into iOS devices at the system level, thus, the app doesn’t need to be created specifically for it.
It’s important to remember that the producers of these gadgets don’t intend for you to have several allegiances. You’re investing in Google’s universe when you buy a Chromecast.
Main Differences Between Chromecast and Apple TV
- A significant variety of applications support Chromecast. Apple TV, on the other hand, can play movies, TV shows, applications, and games.
- Chromecast is a very low-cost device. Apple TV is a somewhat costly device. It comes with a lot of storage and features, which is why it’s so costly.
Last Updated : 14 August, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.