Airlines are a very beneficial and significant medium in the transportation sector. They have brought a revolutionary change in travelling and the exporting and importing goods among countries.
The web of airlines is spread over the whole world. Garuda Indonesia and Batik Air are two airlines based in Indonesia that facilitate people to travel across multiple countries.
- Garuda Indonesia is Indonesia’s national flag carrier airline, while Batik Air is a full-service subsidiary of the Lion Air Group.
- Garuda Indonesia has a more extensive international route network and offers premium services, such as first-class and business-class options, while Batik Air primarily operates domestic and regional flights.
- Both airlines provide in-flight entertainment, meals, and baggage allowance, but Garuda Indonesia is a member of the SkyTeam alliance and has higher service standards.
Garuda Indonesia vs Batik Air
Garuda Indonesia is the national airline of Indonesia and the country’s flag carrier. The airline was founded in 1949 and is headquartered in Jakarta. Batik Air is a subsidiary of Lion Air, one of Indonesia’s largest low-cost carriers. The airline was founded in 2013 and is also headquartered in Jakarta.
Garuda Indonesia is an airline that is based in Indonesia. It is considered a flag carrier,, and by flag carrier, one can understand an airline owned by a particular state.
Batik Air is known as the scheduled airline that serves Indonesia. Batik Air has been in its infancy since it was established in 2013. It took its first flight on 3 May 2013.
|Parameters Of Comparison
|Batik Air is the airline that was founded on 3 May 2013; it is a quite new airline.
|Batik Air was founded by a large group that is known as the Lion group while the person is captain Ahmad Luthfie.
|Garuda Indonesia airline almost a century ago as KLM Interinsulair Bedrijf and is owned by the government.
|The headquarter of Batik Air Airline is situated in Jakarta, Indonesia.
|The headquarter of Garuda Indonesia Airlines is situated in Tangerang, Indonesia.
|The government of Indonesia, CT Corp, and Northstar Group are three bodies that are considered parents of Garuda Indonesia.
|The parent company of Batik Air is known to be Lion Air Group; this group is also the founder.
|The destinations for travelling provided by Batik Air are almost 46 which might increase in the future.
|The destinations for travelling provided by Garuda Indonesia are 90 which can also increase in the future.
|The destinations for travelling provided by Garuda Indonesia are 90, which can also increase in the future.
What is Garuda Indonesia?
Garuda Indonesia is known worldwide as an Indonesian airline. The headquarters of Garuda Indonesia is located at Soekarno–Hatta International Airport.
Garuda Indonesia Airlines had a successor known as KLM Interinsulair Bedrijf. It arranges flights across multiple destinations in Asia, Australia, and Europe. The goals this airline provides are almost 90.
The main hubs of Garuda Indonesia are Medan, Makassar, Bali, and Soekarno–Hatta and the secondary hubs of this airline are Surabaya and Balikpapan.
Garuda Indonesia is a more significant airline with multiple subsidiaries, such as Aero Systems Indonesia, Garuda Cargo, Sabre Travel Network Indonesia, Citilink, GMF AeroAsia, etc.
The number of employees as of 2016 was estimated to be 20,000. But in the 2000s, the airline financially broke down and had to reduce its services.
Then in 2009, it made a plan known as Quantum Leap to overhaul its poor conditions. Now it stands among the largest airlines in the nation.
What is Batik Air?
It hasn’t been long since Batik Air is established. The main hubs of Batik Airlines are Makassar and Jakarta, while secondary hubs are Bali, Surabaya, and Jakarta-Halim.
The flight entertainment system of Batik Air provides free meals, snacks, fluids, personal TV in every seat, etc.
The baggage allowance in this airline is up to 30 kg,, up to 66 lbs for business class passengers and 24 kg, which is almost 44 lbs for economy class. Batik Air, as of 2019, flies across 45 both international and domestic routes.
Over 350 flights of Batik Air leave for their destination every day. The international routes that Batik Air Airlines offers are China, Singapore, Shenzhen, Chennai, Kunming, Perth, etc.
Lion Air signed an agreement with Boeing in 2012 where this airline agreed to purchase 787 Dreamliners for its going to be subsidiary airline Batik Air. Still, it cancelled the contract later because the EU blocklist enlisted Batik Air.
Main Differences Between Garuda Indonesia and Batik Air
- The fleet size that is given in Garuda, Indonesia, is 107. On the other hand, Batik Air airline has a fleet size of 47, which is quite lower than Garuda Indonesia.
- The frequent-flyer program of Garuda Indonesia Airlines is known as GarudaMiles, while the frequent-flyer program of Batik Air is known as Batik Frequent Flyer.
- Garuda Indonesia has various subsidiaries, including Garuda Cargo, GMF AeroAsia, Aerowisata, etc. Batik Air, on the other hand, has no subsidiaries.
- Garuda Indonesia airline’s year and date of establishment were 26 January 1949. At the same time, Batik Air Airline was established in 2013.
- Garuda Indonesia airline has its headquarter in Tangerang, Indonesia. While headquarter of Batik Air airline is located in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Last Updated : 13 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.