India has always been a secular-religious place. Many people with different religious practices live in harmony and peace in the same neighborhood. Many religions existing are – Hinduism, Christianity, Muslim, Buddhism, Sikhism, etc.
Along with these religions, they have their religious books, which they follow like Bhagavad Gita, Quran, Bible, Gurbani, etc.
Holy Bible vs New Testament
The difference between the Holy Bible and New Testament is that the Old Testament and the New Testament are collectively known as the Holy Bible. In contrast to that, the New Testament is known to be the better good version of the Old Testament, including the prophecies from the Old Testament.
Holy Bible is a sacred book which is a collection of scriptures, stories, characters introduced by God imbibed in both the Old and New Testaments. The collective collection of the book is about 66. The single book comprises many books inside.
In some of them, it talks about the history, the prayers, the orders to be followed by God, the wise sayings of him, the lessons he introduced, etc. There is no actual timeframe of the authorship of the Holy Bible.
These books are categorized mainly of five types which are – 4 books of Gospels, 1 book of Acts of Apostles, 14 books of Pauline Epistles, 7 books of General Epistles, and the Revelation.
|Parameters of Comparison||Holy Bible||New Testament|
|Number of Books||39+27=66||It comprises 27 books.|
|Chronological Time||It has no specific time.||0-100 A.D.|
|Written By||It is assumed that the first five books are written by Mosses.||It was written by Jewish and non-Jewish writers.|
|Language||Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek||Koine Greek|
|Theme||The main theme of the Bible is about how God has created everyone, the promises, judgment, provisions, rightfulness, etc.||The basic theme of the New Testament is about the death of Jesus, his burial, and resurrection.|
What is Holy Bible?
The Holy Bible is a sacred book for Jewish, Christians, etc. It comprises of some text, scriptures, prayers, wise sayings by God. The Old Testament and the New Testament both collectively make up the Holy Bible.
The original language of the Bible is Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek and is also translated in Latin, English, and many more for better understanding.
The word “Bible” is originally coming from the Greek word “Biblia,” which means “book” in English. The stories in the Bible were passed on from generation to generation.
There are many views about the Bible. Christian believe that the Bible is God’s sayings to his people, whereas the Jews believe that only the Old Testament is true and is the direct sayings of God. Catholics, Protestants believe both Old and New are God’s saying,
For an atheist, it is just an ancient book with no religious values. As Bible has also been translated into Arabic called Injil, which is followed by Muslims. They believe that the Quran is the true successor and the Injil has been corrupted over time.
What is New Testament?
The New Testament is believed to be the second part of the Holy Bible. The New Testament is comprised of 27 books in which they are based on – Gospels, Act of the Apostles, Revelation, and the Epistles. The New Testament mainly focuses on Jesus, about his birth, death, burial, and resurrection.
The Testament was believed to be written in First Century 0-100 A.D.
The writer of the New Testament is believed to be Jewish and Non- Jewish. It is originally written in the Greek language. The books involve many characters and stories. These stories nearly surround the deep and immense love of God to their children, i.e., us.
He always gave us his immense love despite our mistakes and sent us a warrior helping us in the difficult times. He was his son who he asked to born as a human on the Earth, and later, he was known as Jesus.
Main Differences Between Holy Bible and New Testament
- The Holy Bible comprises of both the Old Testament and the New Testament, and both the books have a different number of books which in equal makes it about a total of 66 books while single-handedly the New Testament comprise of 27 books.
- There is no specific time or chronology about the Holy Bible while it is said that the New Testament was written around the first century 0-100 A.D.
- The Holy Bible is originally written in three languages which are – Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. On the other hand, the New Testament is written in the Greek language.
- The first five books (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy) of the Holy Bible, which is collectively called Torah, is assumed to be written by Mosses, and also a point to be noted is that there is still a question on the existence of them while the New Testament is written by some Jewish and Non-Jewish writers.
- The Holy Bible focuses on how God has created everything, his promises, judgment, provinces, rightfulness, etc., while contrastingly, the New Testament focuses on the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️