Marshall has been a significant component of the music scene since time immemorial. It has been a big name in creating the perfect sound for different bands throughout the year.
- The Marshall Woburn and Marshall Stanmore are both high-quality speakers with powerful sound and similar features, but the Woburn is larger and more powerful.
- The Woburn has a total output power of 110 Watts, while the Stanmore has a total output power of 80 Watts.
- The Stanmore is more compact and portable than the Woburn, making it a better choice for those who need a speaker that can be easily moved from one room to another.
Marshall Woburn vs Marshall Stanmore
The Marshall Woburn is more powerful, with a 3-way design with a subwoofer, it has a stronger sound with deeper bass, making it excellent for outdoor use. The Stanmore is smaller, with a 2-way design that comprises a tweeter, it has a more balanced sound with less bass yet has outstanding clarity, making it appropriate for smaller rooms.
|Parameters of Comparison||Marshall Woburn||Marshall Stanmore|
|Price||Being an upgrade to the Stanmore, Woburn is more expensive.||Stanmore is the second addition to this range. It is also pricey.|
|Power||The Woburn contains a Woofer, Tweeters, and a Digital amplifier having 110W power.||The Stanmore contains the same components as the Woburn but consists of 80W total.|
|Quality of Bass||The bass on the Woburn has a lot of depth. It makes the speaker create a vibrant sound.||Stanmore can also create a bass of good sound but is inferior to the Woburn.|
|Number of components||The Woburn contains two woofers and two tweeters.||This speaker only has one woofer and two tweeters.|
|Lower Volumes||The Woburn cannot perform very well at lower volumes. This can make it hard to listen at night.||The Stanmore is built for listening to music at a more reasonable volume. It performs better in the lower volumes.|
What is Marshall Stanmore?
Marshall Stanmore is the second addition to the Bluetooth range of speakers. This hefty piece of equipment can probably deliver the best sound from a Bluetooth speaker.
This station also contains a 3.5 mm jack and a button to specify a speaker. This button includes two modes.
The speaker’s setup is fairly simple, as it can connect to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. It can play from Spotify, Chromecast, or AirPlay.
In addition, the speaker is under the control of Marshall Bluetooth. This app can customize the sound by acting as an equalizer.
The speaker’s interior consists of a five-inch woofer, a 50W class D amplifier, and two 15W tweeters. This comes up to 80W speakers.
The only disadvantage of the speaker is that it does not have a remote. Therefore, all control will happen through the app.
What is Marshall Woburn?
The Marshall Woburn looks identical to the Stanmore. This upgrade from the Stanmore has an overall better sound quality than the Stanmore.
The sound of this speaker stands out as it can play a very loud range of audio. However, this sound is not jarring.
A disadvantage regarding this speaker is that the sound it produces at the lowest volume is still quite invasive. This speaker could pose a problem for individuals living in a quiet neighbourhood.
The Marshall Multi-Room App finds use in controlling this speaker as well. Woburn can connect to Spotify, Chromecast, and Airplay.
It also contains a 3.5 mm jack like the Stanmore. It also possesses an RCA connection.
Like Stanmore, one cannot control the speakers through a remote.
The warranty period on both these speakers is available for one year.
Main Differences Between Marshall Woburn and Marshall Stanmore
- The Marshall Woburn is much more expensive than the Stanmore. There is an almost $200 price difference between the two.
- The Marshall Woburn is bigger and heavier in comparison to the Marshall Stanmore.
- The Woburn contains a pair of woofers that possess a power of 40W each. In addition to this, it also has two tweeters of 15W power. This creates a wattage of 110W. The Stanmore is one woofer short and possesses a power of 80W.
- The Woburn can create a louder sound in comparison to the Stanmore. The sound quality of the Woburn is also better.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.